Ratings for Dr. Naoki Chiba

He complains if you ask too many questions. He was unkind and meddling in things that didn't concern him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

My husband had an extremely painful colonoscopy done.....said would be about an hour at the clinic...ended up being there from 10:30 to 1:45 PM. No one came out to tell me what was wrong. I had to ask to speak to a nurse. Could not complete the whole procedure and recommended another one to reach the small bowel...I told my husband we will find another place and Dr. I heard my husband moaning and yelped twice...I have had 2 colonscopies before in Toronto and never had a problem with the procedure. Very dissappointed...the clinic looks nice though.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Found Dr. Chiba honest, clear, to the point and very good in the O.R. Had a number of appointments with him, and respect his direct, clear style. Never had a problem with him answering my questions. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

If you like to try for good health in a natural way, this is not the man for you. I was the unlucky recipient of a half hour lecture, which I had a hard time following, about, I think, naturopathy vs. conventional medicine. Dr. Chiba has given me a few colonoscopies in the past and on one occasion went up as well as down, so to speak. I never found him exactly friendly but today's lecture crossed a line for me. One comment I understood was, "You have to think naturopathy is working when you've paid so much for it. It's all in your mind". He also indicated naturopathy is a money grab. Well, if it is indeed all in my mind that it's working, so what. All I know is when I don't eat foods that have been found to irritate my gut, I don't get diarrhea so severe that I cannot make it to the toilet. My naturopath has been known to spend two hours with me and only charge me for a half hour. Is that money grabbing? How can someone who treats you poorly ever think you'll sign up to have memory altering drugs and then a hose shoved up your rear end by such an angry person? I'm asking my family doctor for a referral to another endocrinologist. Dr. Chiba, ask yourself why you're so afraid of naturopathy. Is it because as I improve my health naturally I'm slowly reducing my list of pharmaceuticals? Finally, being a senior, your treatment of me today with your angry lecturing, bordered on elder abuse. Thankfully, I was able to remain calm in your very confrontational presence.

Submitted December 16, 2016

Very antagonistic approach towards me. He appeared to be operating on the basis that I did not deserve medical care. He investigated some aspects of my health, but did an inadequate job of investigating the condition I went to see him for. There was no effort to explain or determine the cause of my condition. In the end he "prescribed" an across the counter medication which is probably inappropriate and filed a completely inaccurate report onto my medical record which was designed to make me look bad. It is interesting to note that the ratings on this website show a very strong tendency to be either very good or very bad. My experience was very bad. I consider his actions to be unethical. This doctor should be completely avoided.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Had him for colonoscopy. He was completely rude every time I asked him a question and made it feel like I was an idiot.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Painful colonoscopies. Never enough sedation. I'm done with him. He might be bright, but I don't want the nightmare of feeling the procedure and being in tears and crying out in pain during the colonoscopy. Then there are flashbacks to the whole thing. I remember.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Naoki was a total waste of our visit. He didn't even want to begin to listen. He informed us that there is no such thing as IBS in his opinion, it is just a name given for someone to use if they are having trouble pooping because of improper living. My daughter has been having bowel issues for several years, has lost 40 lbs. since X-mas because of this condition getting worse, comes from a family where mother & Grandmother have crohns. Her problem only worsens. Anyone really needing help would be best advised to stay away from him!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr Naoki Chiba and his staff were fantastic. He is very friendly and informative and did a great on my procedure and my follow up procedure. I would highly recomend Dr Chiba and will be returning when due for another colonoscopy, he is great.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I don't know where some of these reviews are coming from. His staff were great! Friendly, helpful, never seemed to be a bother to them. As for the Dr, he was helpful, did a great job of my procedures, where I had to have a large pollup removed from my colon. He was great during the procedure and in the follow up appointment. I do a lot of reviews (mostly on trip adviser) and it is rare when I would give anything a perfect rating. Sure Dr's are a bit different than rating a hotel, but you can trust my review as being genuine.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015