Ratings for Dr. Samir Yassa

Should retired, just a waste of time, just want to do what he wants to do, never mind your problems

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

My DH had his vasectomy reversal done by Dr. Yassa in 2008. It did not work. At all. No sperm returned. He was told there was a 50% chance of success, he had alot of pain after surgery and there was no follow up with Dr. Yassa. The Dr. kept asking him if he was sure he even wanted the surgery, NO**** sherlock, we want kids, can't have them without sperm. Fail on all counts especially bedside manner. I know personally three other couples who used another doctor, they all got pregnant within two years. If you are considering reversal, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Very thoughtful, caring experienced and competent. I had a long lasting chronic potentially serious condition. He performed surgery successfully.I stayed in the hospital 2 days and 3 weeks after have no residual problem despite various possibilities. He does seem very subdued in times what people regard as dis-attention. The opposite is true. When he closes his eyes during the interview he is absorbing what we say.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Went to this dr who ends up falling asleep the secretary just ignores u . My g p never got the results of my test.very poor service had to go to Ottawa . Should retire

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

very caring bedside manner and truly listened to my every concern.I thought my wait was long until I realized that I had talked so much I went over my time and he never once made me feel rushed. All the nurses in the hospital told me I had the best hands taking care of me when he was on board. Quiet but dedicated and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I had seen this Dr and I truly feel he should retire. At one app he was falling asleep when he was talking to me, I think he is overworked and not truly listening to his patients. I was put on meds that did not help( for the best). Did not go back and see him, instead went to a Dr in Ottawa that told me that the meds he had me on are not good at all. All I do is watch what I eat and I have no pain! I can say Thank you for the scope Dr Yassa.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I was very pleased with the care I received. He is a man of few words but very caring and through.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I have no complaints. He is professional.. He will not tell you what he thinks the problem is. He orders his invesigations and once they are all done he sees you with the results and lets you know his findings.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

They change your time of appointment 2 days ahead of time and try calling the office for 2 weeks can't get a hold to the secretary. Always busy or answerring and you can't leave a message. So I fax my cancellation hope they get it. They are the ones changing the time now i can't go hope there is no charge for that. Not my fault.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010