Ratings for Dr. Christopher Gorrie

Great Dr. I have been taking my family there for years

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Gorrie for around 30 years (since I was a child). He WAS a reliable and trusted family physician for my entire life until his recent move. Apparently he is 'no longer taking new patients' even though I've been one for most of his career. I was not informed of this move or the given the option to maintain my patient status, in spite of the fact they were to notify all existing patients. Extremely disappointed for the lack of respect and disregard shown by his staff!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Doctor Gorrie has been our family doctor since before our twin girls, now three-years old, were born. We now have a four-month old girl, and every visit to him has been just great. We've never felt rushed by Doctor Gorrie or that any question was too silly to ask. (Perhaps his own experience raising a family helps him to be empathetic to the myriad of concerns and issues that new families have?) While one member of his front-office staff has been at times prickly and cold (and I think she's gone now), Doctor Gorrie is the opposite: His manner has always been warm and friendly. While it's clear he has a sharp mind and lots of experience, he is also humble—he acknowledges when he doesn't know the answer to a question/problem, and will research and/or refer on. Simply put, Doctor Gorrie is the best family doctor we've known. We could not be happier.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I lucked out in having Dr. Gorrie as my family doctor for many years. I don't know how he does it but despite a very busy practice he always has time to explain everything to my satisfaction.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr Gorrie is very embittered about the Health Care system and it has started to be reflected in his disposition and his staff. And don't ever ask about anything natural as he is not only uncooperative but quite scathing.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

One of the Best, most caring / knowledgeable / current physician's in Calgary. I am VERY fortunate he was willing to 'take me back' after leaving the province for a few years. Too bad he is so popular and pratice is so busy, as i can sometimes be a challenge to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Had Dr. Gorrie for many years prior to leaving the province. He discovered a life threatening disease I had and addressed it immediately. Turns out I had it for a decade where no prior doctor had looked into. He was caring, likeable and took his patients very seriously. It's been a nightmare trying to get a family physician in BC and as a result I miss Dr. Gorrie's friendliness and expertise. He is the best doctor I ever had.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

When Dr.Gorrie is unsure of anything, he refers me, or sends me for further testing. He never hesitates to look for help elsewhere. My family truely appreciates that about him. A great family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

I have been with Gorrie for 14 years, there was a time when his staff were polite and helpful. In my most recent years they have been arrogant, unorganized and failed to provide what I would call good service. They have lost admin papers and not booked vital specialist appointments. They are constantly trying to unload patients and never answer their phones. For an extremely "busy" office, i dont think they actually work. Aside from the unmotivated and incompetent support staff, Dr Gorrie is a smart guy with helpful advice. I recommend calling him directly if you ever hope to solve any real issues. I only run his wing-nut, flaky, useless staff gauntlet when I really need a Doc, otherwise, alternative med and a bowl of soup helps. I would rate the Dr Gorrie experience as exhausting at best.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

I couldn't possibly be happier with Dr. Gorrie as our family physician. No matter how busy he is, he is always very thorough and attentive. Given the health care situation in Alberta (and everywhere apparently) we are very lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010