You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Vernon Toyonaga

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

After having our first baby, my wife and I looked for a Dr. for him. The first one we found, really didn't seem like she knew what she was doing. We talked to some friends and they recommended Dr.T. WOW. He is the best. I liked how he kept new parents claim when discussing a concern that he had with our little man. Made us feel comfortable. Not soon after I switched to have him as my Dr. He's great, open, makes you feel comfortable. Actually talks to you and makes you feel like you are important to him and not just a health Card number.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Excellent Doctor.Very good bed side manner.Likes to get to the root cause to treat the cause not just give pills to treat the symptom.Takes the time to explain the results of tests too which is awesome.I found his receptionist also quite nice.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. Toyonaga is a gem to the medical field. He has genuine bed side manner and you never feel like he is rushing you out of his office. He is always cautious cautious and requests appropriate tests when he thinks they are needed. He is very much evidential and prefers finding the root and stem to medical issues rather than giving you a bandaid solution. It is so refreshing. My only complaint is with his front line assistant / administrator. She can be quite cold and unengaging and has not followed through with referrals as directed by the Dr. I shouldn't have to chase her down to make sure my referrals been sent and I've had to do this non 2 occasions. It would also be nice if she greeted you with a warm hello when you walk into the office. Instead you just get no eye contact and directed to wait in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Toyonaga is an amazing doctor. He' s very thorough and explains clearly. He also asks several follow up questions and very interactive. Durham region is lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Toyonaga is a wonderful doctor. I have been with him for many years and have always been taken care of. He is very thorough and always takes the time to listen and examine his patients fully. I never plan to switch doctors as I am very happy with Dr. Toyonaga. The only downside to his practice is his assistant who forgets to send out referrals, to follow up on test results, send out medical information to referred specialists, fill out medical forms improperly and just her overall attitude.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Very thorough, knowledgable and compationate. We are so lucky to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I had a horrible experience with a new doctor in Bowmanville and ended up with Dr. Toyonage through Health Care Connect. He is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Knowledgable, patient, respectful, professional and friendly. The only complaint I have (not really) was that I got bombarded with both a flu and tetanus shot at the same appointment when I wasn't expecting either! Lol. I was thrilled to find him!!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Absolutly an AMAZING doctor!! Very compassionate, caring, and through! Ontario needs more Drs like Dr. Toyonaga

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Vernon Toyonaga's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best all around. Helpful, caring, knowledgeable... listens and does a great job trying to address your questions and needs."

December 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After having our first baby, my wife and I looked for a Dr. for him. The first one we found, really didn't seem like she knew what she was doing. We talked to..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor.Very good bed side manner.Likes to get to the root cause to treat the cause not just give pills to treat the symptom.Takes the time to explain..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Toyonaga is a gem to the medical field. He has genuine bed side manner and you never feel like he is rushing you out of his office. He is always cautious ca..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Toyonaga is an amazing doctor. He' s very thorough and explains clearly. He also asks several follow up questions and very interactive. Durham region is l..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Toyonaga is a wonderful doctor. I have been with him for many years and have always been taken care of. He is very thorough and always takes the time to lis..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Toyonaga is a great Dr. However his receptionist lacks personality and is quite sharp with patients"

January 16, 2015