Ratings for Dr. Desikan Kadambi

Went to see Dr. K with reservations after my former ophthalmologist retired and the file was transferred over. I was concerned he would try and sell me on laser surgery. His assistant who performed some of the initial examinations/measurements asked me about reading problems now that I'm in my 40's. She insisted that even if I lifted my glasses once to read something I must need bifocals. Oh great I thought as I went in to see the doctor himself. Well I was pleasantly surprised! He said hold off on bifocals for as long as you can. Even gave me the tip about how to "read over" my glasses by pushing them forward instead of lifting them up. As we walked out of the exam room I commented on what a nice office he had. He said that's from all the money he makes from laser surgery. I said I was afraid of laser surgery and likely too old. He said I was a good candidate and left it at that. In retrospect I realize I should have let him know about his assistant's comments.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2007

Went to the other facilities and was recommended to Dr. Kadambi for my procedure. Results are as good as expected.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Kadambi since 2004. He performed 2 surgeries on my eyes, and since he is a perfectionist he sent me to Vancouver for a third surgery. Many other Drs may not have tried so hard, or even seen me as a patient since my eyes may not have been seen as "correctable" by many Drs. He is thorough, compassionate, and honest. His staff are wonderful, and you immediately feel like you are at "home" in his office.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2007

I saw him because he worked near a eyeglass store. He fumbled through the exam and when I received my glasses I couldn't see out of them. I contacted his office and the next thing I knew I received a letter fom his lawyer, asking what amount of money I was asking for and I had to sign a paper saying I wouldn't try to take him to court at a later date. I can't believe he still practices!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kadambi is a member of the American Academy Of Ophthalmology, the Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and the International Society of Refractive Surgeons. Lasik Surgeon Dr Kadambi has specialist qualifications in Ophthalmology from 3 countries. Before specializing in ophthalmology he worked in Plastic surgery, Orthopedics and trauma surgery and general surgery. He trained in ophthalmology at Birmingham Eye Hospital in England. After obtaining his FRCS from Edinburgh He immigrated to Canada. His extensive training in microsurgery enabled him to introduce new techniques in Manitoba. He was the first in Manitoba to perform Posterior chamber lens implants, multifocal lens implants and foldable soft lens implants in Manitoba. Being a pioneer in lens implant by Rotary Club of India. Along with his friend the late Dr. Norman Stahl of New York he held training workshop at Poona in India. His poster presentation in American lens Implant Society on modifications of Choyce Lens implant triggered a flood of modifications of Anterior chamber lens implants to make them safer. He became interested in refractive surgery in 1983 and He opened the first Laser Vision correction center in Manitoba in January 1994. In 1995 he started to initiate for the approval of LASIK in Manitoba. When it was approved in 1999 he was the first to perform LASIK. Since then he has performed over twenty eight thousand procedures.

• English

• UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE (Grad. 1959)