Ratings for Dr. Desikan Kadambi

Dr.Kadambi is very pleasant and friendly. After having my lazer eye surgery completed 6 months ago I can truthfully say I found this doctor to be very competent. I am 72 years of age and I have 20/20 vision. Prior to surgery I had some problems operating my cell phone without glasses. I am so carefree now as I do not need to search for my glasses when I wake up. Having peripheral vision again is wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Kadambi. In the past 9 months I know of four people who have had surgery by Dr. Kadambi and all are very very happy. I highly recommend him and this procedure.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I went for the procedure about three years ago, and could not be happier. I was a bit afraid, as I only have sight in one eye. I was re-assured it would all be good, and they were right. I would go through this again in a minute! The way I look at it is:I am willing to pay 3000 dollars for two weeks away in the sun. I paid about the same for 3 years of good sight. I recommend Dr, Kadambi to anyone needing corrective surgery.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I had LBV surgery on Feb.16/12 which is a LASIK procedure that enables you to see close up out of one eye and distance out of the other. I had the procedure done to eliminate my need for reading glasses. My distance vision was excellent at 20/15. The procedure went horribly wrong and I now need corrective lenses for both distance and reading. I wear a contact in my left eye for distance which also serves as a band-aid because my flap edge is so jagged that my eyelid catches when I blink. I also had extensive cell growth in both eyes which caused my vision to be very blurry. Dr Kadambi told me that this was normal and to give it time but with time it only got worse. As my pain was constant and my vision continued to decline, I had no choice but to seek a second opinion. I was referred to another doctor and to date I have had 3 treatments to repair the damage done to my eyes and I am on the road to recovery. I highly recommend Image Plus to anyone considering eye laser surgery.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

I had a good experience. I had a strong prescription before my surgery but now I can see better than I could with glasses. It has been a little over six months since my surgery and my eyes seem to feel similar to how they felt prior to my surgery. My eyes are still a little dry sometimes. I use drops approximately once a day to remedy my dry eyes. Based on my results I would recommend Dr. Kadambi. I found all of his staff extremely friendly and accommodating. I found the wait times for my appointments were very reasonable. I also appreciated the fact that Dr. K doesn't seem to nickle dime his patients. I had a few extra forms that I needed him to fill out and he happily filled them out with no extra charge. Thanks for my new eyes Dr. K!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I had the laser eye surgery yesterday and it was amazing. Staff was wonderful with consult appt and day of surgery. The doctor put me at ease with his assistant and the actual eye procedure was done in a matter of minutes. No pain and feeling great. Back to work the very next day no issues. Would reccomend to anyone to go here and get rid of those glasses. Very happy customer!

Submitted July 22, 2011

I had Fraxel laser done, The doctor himself didn't do my procedure, it was his assistant who did it. I was not comfortable with that at all. during the procedure i think there where suppose to be to people in the room, because while doing my fraxel laser assistant asked my sister to pass her the equipment that she needed and to hold the fan on my face. For this fraxel laser, for me to see the results, i needed to go through up to 3 procedures which were 1 month apart each. So, then i booked my next procedure a month apart. My booked my 4days off from work a month ahead. But then i get call from the clinic 2 days before my surgery. They asked me if they can re-scheduale my surgery to some time. Cause the doctor is not going to there. I was so mad and pissed off. I told them no i took 4 days off from work already this was done a month ahead. The Staff there was no helpful at all. I lost my wages from work and got a horriable services. On top of that they don't return your calls.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Dr. Kadambi in my opinion is one of the best trained opthalmologists in the laser surgery industry. He has been around for longer than the other guys who wouldnt even touch the laser stuff before. Now they ve all jumped on the bandwagon. There are rumours around about him being after the bucks. Well anyone who starts doing laser is out for the same thing. Hes worked with and trained by the gurus in the industry. He's got the latest technology and gives options for treatment. He is very personable and talks on the level. The staff is great and very helpful. He's got a great package going for customers/patients from the time you step in, till youre out the door. And the results so far are more than i expected. You wont know it till you go in and see for yourself. Literally!!

Submitted March 3, 2010

I had iLasik surgery 2 months ago, I can now see 20/10. This clinic was very friendly and helpful, an amazing experience.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

i came in for a free consultation appointment in October 2009, i was very pleased with all of the test results and the staff. Right after my consultation appointment i booked my surgery 2 weeks later. My vision is better than 20/20. I would recommend to everyone to have laser eye surgery done at eyetech lasik clinic.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

i got my surgery a month ago now. My vision is great. Dr. Kadambi is very friendly and very helpfull. I walked in get some info. but they also went ahead did my eye exmas and explained the procedure in details. So, if there is anybody looking for laser surgery i would recomend u go see them first.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kadambi is a member of the American Academy Of Ophthalmology, the Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and the International Society of Refractive Surgeons. Lasik Surgeon Dr Kadambi has specialist qualifications in Ophthalmology from 3 countries. Before specializing in ophthalmology he worked in Plastic surgery, Orthopedics and trauma surgery and general surgery. He trained in ophthalmology at Birmingham Eye Hospital in England. After obtaining his FRCS from Edinburgh He immigrated to Canada. His extensive training in microsurgery enabled him to introduce new techniques in Manitoba. He was the first in Manitoba to perform Posterior chamber lens implants, multifocal lens implants and foldable soft lens implants in Manitoba. Being a pioneer in lens implant by Rotary Club of India. Along with his friend the late Dr. Norman Stahl of New York he held training workshop at Poona in India. His poster presentation in American lens Implant Society on modifications of Choyce Lens implant triggered a flood of modifications of Anterior chamber lens implants to make them safer. He became interested in refractive surgery in 1983 and He opened the first Laser Vision correction center in Manitoba in January 1994. In 1995 he started to initiate for the approval of LASIK in Manitoba. When it was approved in 1999 he was the first to perform LASIK. Since then he has performed over twenty eight thousand procedures.

• English

• UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE (Grad. 1959)

Multiplan