Ratings for Dr. Desikan Kadambi

I had blended vision done by Dr Kadambi last November. Best move of my life! It is so freeing to be with eyeglasses. He did the blended vision for me as I wore progressives. I do a lot of computer work as a graphic artist and with progressives it is impossible to see the entire screen, so would end up using readers. Problem was, I couldn't see anything else but the monitor! With the blended vision I can see the television, the computer monitor and everything else! I am extremely happy with Dr Kadambi's expertise and his staff are absolutely wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I had Lasik Surgery in February 2000 performed by Dr Desikan Kadambi, My vision was - 6 I could not see peoples face without glasses. I paid $ 1600 that time after the Surgey my eyes were 20/20... I wonder if Desikan Kadami knows how much I appreciate what he did for me. he changed my life,, There is no day comes by i don't think of him , he will always be my HERO. believe it or not this doctor Desikan kadambi saved my life. He really did, its been more than 15 years, now my eyes are -1 which is fine, sometimes i feel like having another Lasik Surgery but i can not afford it.....God Bless Dr Desikan Kadambi. I understand some patient were not happy and continue to have ongoing issue, i suggest them to see him again.

Submitted August 13, 2015

I had the laser blended vision surgery 3 years ago. Previously my distance was -7 and I needed +2 readers. I had tried contracts, tri-focals; I was at the point I just couldn't see regardless of what I was wearing. After over 35 years of not being able to see when I woke up in the morning, the LBV surgery was life changing. Teresa and the other staff are amazing. My experience with Dr Kadambi was extremely positive: in the consultation he asked many questions about my work and hobbies to determine how the surgery might possible affect my lifestyle. The surgery did impact my macro vision slightly (I used to be able to see very close up extremely well, but that's it!), and I was made aware of this in the consultation but I don't need to see two inches in front of my eyes in sharp vision. Its an insignificant trade off to be able to see everything else all the time, unaided. This was one of the best decisions of my life. Of note, I followed the post-op instructions to the letter. Surgery should not be underestimated and the patient has a responsibility to follow the Dr's instructions.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I got Blended Vision Laser Surgery on my eyes about a year ago. I had worn eyeglasses all of my life, and I was tired of having to deal with them with sports and water sports, and not being able to see very well without them. I do a lot of reading in my job. I felt that as a result, my life was getting narrower and narrower as I did not have any peripheral vision. I had enough at 51! When I got the eye surgery done, that afternoon, I was able to read the newspaper without glasses, and the next day I was able to drive without glasses! I woke up and I could see! I felt free! It was life changing. My far vision is 20/13 and my near vision is 20/20. I had great results, and I would recommend him and his friendly knowledgeable staff to everyone!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I had Lasik Eye Surgery 20 years ago with Dr Kadambi, and it was the best decision i've ever made! Absolutely no regrets. He said after age 50 I may need reading glasses, I am now 55 years old and am only now needing reading glasses, although my seeing distance is not bad at all! Very good doctor, very professional, helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Please please do your research before going to see this Dr. I am in my mid 30's and am a mother to three children.I had Lasik surgery almost a year ago at Eyetech Lasik Clinic. At first things seemed better, and then after a month my vision got so much worse. I tried to explain to Dr. Kadambi that my vision was really bad, but it was almost like he did not believe me, made me feel like I was the problem and not my vision. This went on for months, on occasion I would leave his office in tears.I went to get a second opinion and it turns out that I had a tumor behind my eye. I WAS IN SHOCK... I am now on the road to recovery, and greatly thankful I sought a second opinion. This Dr. insensitive to his patients. When I told him about the diagnosis he said he knew something was wrong..(.to add more insult) SO THEN WHY DID HE NOT HELP ME .??? because he got his money, and because he does not like to be wrong.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's response
We are sorry to hear you had a tumor behind your eye causing vision issues. When patients come in to determine if they are a candidate for Lasik, we do a routine eye examination similar to what you would have done as part of a check up at your regular eye doctor. Routine eye examination in eye doctors offices or clinics, such as Eyetech Lasik Clinic, may miss a rare condition like a tumour behind the eye. In the medical field it is very common for one doctor to pickup some thing another doctor could not find, especially in rare cases like this one. While we do everything in our power to ensure a successful procedure, sometimes unforseen things like this occur. Other times, patients need to come back to our clinic for a free touch-up to further adjust their vision after the initial procedure.

Submitted August 11, 2015

I had my first laser surgery performed by Dr. Madam I in 2004 after wearing glasses / contacts for fifty-four years. The outcome was great for distance but "cheaters" we're needed for reading. Following cataract surgery done by another surgeon I returned to Dr, Kadambi for further laser treatment. I am now seventy one and have never felt such confidence with my vision as both distance and close up sight now are excellent.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I made a big mistake 5 years ago...my eyes have given me nothing but pain and problems. His staff at that time was incredible! However I have only thing to say...DO YOUR RESEARCH. If I had done research I would never have gone to Dr. Kadambi. He did 2 treatments on each eye to try and correct the mistake he made the first time. Biggest mistake of my life...not to mention $5500.00 !

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's response
Thank you for your comments. We're sorry to hear that we were not correct your vision the first time. While over 95% of patient procedures are successful on the first attempt, a small percentage of patients require a touch up to correct their vision further. Eyetech provides these touch ups, as well as future vision enhancements to our patients at no charge. If you are still having problems with your vision we'd gladly see you back at our clinic to see if we can further correct your vision. In the past 5 years we've invested heavily in new state-of-the-art equipment which is capable of performing other procedures. One investment we've made is in the Presbyond Laser Blended Vision technology. We're one of four clinics in Canada to have this technology to allow us to correct vision of patients who wear bifocals or progressive lenses, allowing them to see far and near without glasses! Please contact us if you would like to book a follow up for us to take a look at your eyes again.

Submitted August 11, 2015

I spent $6800.00 to this guy over a year ago for wave surgery! He " held" my head in a modified half nelson I assume because he won' t install a head stabilizer. I went back twice and complained of several vision issues! I was treated as if I was making the problems up. I went back to my regular eye doctor and am now wearing progressives again. What a wastte of money! I wouldn't recommend this dufus for anything. What a con and Health Canada isn' t stopping this crook! I don' t know if LASIK is bad or just this guy, but beware before you go here! I wish I had just kept my original glasses! Too late to do over.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's response
Eyetech Lasik Clinic is one of four clinics in Canada to offer PRESBYOND LASER BLENDED VISION to patients wearing bifocals. While over 95% of procedures are successful on the first correction, a small percentage of patients need to come back for a free touch-up to adjust their vision further. We welcome all our patients to come back for a complimentary touch up if they are having difficulties seeing after their procedure. If you would like to come back to our clinic we’d gladly see what we can do to minimize the need for glasses.

Submitted August 11, 2015

DO NOT go here. I had my consultation with him and he was very unprofessional. He didn't even wear treatment gloves when doing my checkup. I know for a fact that I have dry eyes yet he continuously tried to convince me I didn't. He doesn't care about his patients, he is just out to get their money. Stay away from this clinic.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's response
Thank you for your comments. We always accommodate a patients request for extra measures to be taken during an examination or procedure. Performing exams without gloves is perfectly safe, and is quite common in our field. Occasionally a patient will request me to wear gloves, and for their benefit I will put them on. Dry eyes are a common symptom after having Lasik. We do tests for your tear function to rule any tear disorder before proceeding. We provide our clients with drops to help with the symptoms in the immediate post operative period. While drops will help in the short term, we do not recommend patients use medicated drops for an extended period of time as the chemicals in them can reduce your eyes ability to produce natural tears. If you are having on going issues with your vision after the procedure, we’d like to see you again so we can correct your vision further. Some patients require a touch up after their initial procedure. We do these touch ups at no charge.

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kadambi is a member of the American Academy Of Ophthalmology, the Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and the International Society of Refractive Surgeons. Lasik Surgeon Dr Kadambi has specialist qualifications in Ophthalmology from 3 countries. Before specializing in ophthalmology he worked in Plastic surgery, Orthopedics and trauma surgery and general surgery. He trained in ophthalmology at Birmingham Eye Hospital in England. After obtaining his FRCS from Edinburgh He immigrated to Canada. His extensive training in microsurgery enabled him to introduce new techniques in Manitoba. He was the first in Manitoba to perform Posterior chamber lens implants, multifocal lens implants and foldable soft lens implants in Manitoba. Being a pioneer in lens implant by Rotary Club of India. Along with his friend the late Dr. Norman Stahl of New York he held training workshop at Poona in India. His poster presentation in American lens Implant Society on modifications of Choyce Lens implant triggered a flood of modifications of Anterior chamber lens implants to make them safer. He became interested in refractive surgery in 1983 and He opened the first Laser Vision correction center in Manitoba in January 1994. In 1995 he started to initiate for the approval of LASIK in Manitoba. When it was approved in 1999 he was the first to perform LASIK. Since then he has performed over twenty eight thousand procedures.

• English

• UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE (Grad. 1959)