Ratings for Dr. Desikan Kadambi

They were so nice, and so reassuring. I felt confident in my decision to have my eye surgery there. I'm a happy customer

flag | Submitted November 6, 2019

This butcher should be in prison. Full stop. He assured me that I would be a good candidate for lasik surgery despite of my severe myopia. For those of you who don't know, anyone with severe myopia is never a good candidate because the eye will want to heal back to it's former shape and with severe myopia the correction made with lasik will most often fail to varying degrees of regression. Of course when it was evident after only a few months that my vision had started to revert back to near nearsightedness, the good Dr. stated that 'touch ups' are common; which means, back to the lasik machine you must go. Again, for those who don't know, aside from the aforementioned side effect of lasik surgery on a patient with severe myopia, another VERY high risk is developing glaucoma and early onset cataracts. NONE of which this butcher told me when I had this done years ago. My life has been a living nightmare for years - chronic dry eye, cataracts both eyes, end-stage glaucoma both eyes with multiple blind patches and severe loss of overall peripheral vision. All because I allowed this high-tech butcher to touch my eyes. Again, if there was any justice, in my opinion, he'd be sitting in prison right now.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2019

I heard he retired. Thank goodness he won't be able to damage anyone else's eyes. His biggest sin is his refusal to acknowledge when he did harm, and his refusal to try to fix it. I wish I'd never set foot in his office.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2019

Do not trust this man with your eyes and do not let him perform any kind of laser eye surgery on you. He was dishonest with me and he failed to properly document (in my chart) what happened to me as a result of the surgery. If you ever see him for a consultation about anything, record the entire conversation and keep it somewhere safe in case you ever need it in future to prove what he told you. A lawyer will not help you sue him unless you have proof. Keep in mind that some of the known laser eye surgery complications can take years to show up... so you may need to store those recordings for a long time.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

He lied to me about the risks of my laser eye surgery. I never would have gone through with it if I had known the truth. My eyes are ruined, he refuses to acknowledge the problem, and he has done nothing to help me get better. He doesn't deserve the title of "doctor". The least he could do is admit there is a problem - I shouldn't have had to switch to a new doctor to get treatment because "Dr." Kadambi gave me the run-around for months. I hope he gets sued.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

My life was ruined by the LASIK procedure he performed on me. My recommendation is that you run from his office and do not let this man perform any kind of surgery on your eyes. Do not let him touch your eyes. There are far better doctors in the city, please see one of them instead. 1. Prior to my procedure, he lied to me about the risk of permanent complications. If you ever consult with him about any surgical procedure, I recommend you keep him honest by recording the entire conversation and his responses to ALL questions you ask. Save this as proof of what he told you in case you ever require this proof later on. Record every conversation you have with him at your follow-up appointments too... that's the only way to ensure that the truth about him can be proven. 2. After my procedure, he recommended PRESERVED artificial tears to be used more than the recommended dose on the label. At every appointment, I'd ask him about this, to confirm if it was really okay, and he'd say it was fine and that I ought to continue using that particular brand of PRESERVED artificial tears despite the fact that I required them MUCH more than the labelled maximum of 4 times per day. When I switched to a new ophthalmologist because I could no longer work (my eyes were so badly inflamed after YEARS of this substandard care), the new doctor said my eyes were experiencing inflammation due to toxic overexposure to preservatives in those drops for so many years. 3. Despite years of eye pain and eye inflammation, at every single appointment he'd insist I was doing fine and had nothing to worry about. I believe he was trying to cover up his incompetence at treating my post-LASIK side effects and pain by pretending nothing was wrong. It's been many years since my eyes were ruined by his LASIK procedure. I wear goggles - yes, goggles - since that is the only way I can function because my eyes are so damaged from this procedure, and severely dry (prior to my procedure he told me dryness is NOT ever a permanent side effect - I'm so angry that he lied to me about this). I have had not a single moment since LASIK where my eyes have been comfortable. I cannot work. I cannot enjoy the normal things in life that I used to. I went from a perfectly normal person who could do anything prior to LASIK to a disabled person who spends many days with eyes shut since they are too painful to keep open.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

Worst experience ever. I spent almost $5000 and received poor care and I needed glasses again after 2 years. He botched the 1st surgery and then had to treat me for 'sands of sahara'. Left me with different prescriptions in each eye, so that I have constant headaches. He is a quack.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

I went to Dr. Karambi’s clinic in 1998 or 1999 from Oklahoma because he was most experienced in LASIK. After wearing glasses and contacts since second grade, he changed my life. I am now 56 and have never warn glasses since. Love love it!! Thanks!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Kadambi is a disgusting pervert and a reckless doctor who should not be allowed to practice. It amazes me how many times he has been professionally disciplined and sued for malpractice and is somehow still allowed to practice. Kadambi sexually harasses and inappropriately touches female staff and patients, pays people hush money and kickbacks for referrals and to keep quiet about his actions, falsifies results in reporting of eye surgery procedures, performs unnecessary surgeries on unsuspecting seniors, and overall is a crook, a liar, a thief and a disgusting human. Do not put your eyesight, your career, your family or your friends in his hands. He's a loose cannon.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Similar to another comment left here. Kadambi operated on my father in Brandon. I can't believe he is still allowed to operate after the damage he has done to some patients. If you compare his failure rate against other doctors and even the amount of comments regarding his abilities in this forum you can see that he has problems. My father was left with little site due Kadambi's botched attempt to operate on his eyes. Run away from this man.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kadambi is a member of the American Academy Of Ophthalmology, the Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and the International Society of Refractive Surgeons. Lasik Surgeon Dr Kadambi has specialist qualifications in Ophthalmology from 3 countries. Before specializing in ophthalmology he worked in Plastic surgery, Orthopedics and trauma surgery and general surgery. He trained in ophthalmology at Birmingham Eye Hospital in England. After obtaining his FRCS from Edinburgh He immigrated to Canada. His extensive training in microsurgery enabled him to introduce new techniques in Manitoba. He was the first in Manitoba to perform Posterior chamber lens implants, multifocal lens implants and foldable soft lens implants in Manitoba. Being a pioneer in lens implant by Rotary Club of India. Along with his friend the late Dr. Norman Stahl of New York he held training workshop at Poona in India. His poster presentation in American lens Implant Society on modifications of Choyce Lens implant triggered a flood of modifications of Anterior chamber lens implants to make them safer. He became interested in refractive surgery in 1983 and He opened the first Laser Vision correction center in Manitoba in January 1994. In 1995 he started to initiate for the approval of LASIK in Manitoba. When it was approved in 1999 he was the first to perform LASIK. Since then he has performed over twenty eight thousand procedures.

• English

• UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE (Grad. 1959)

Amerigroup