Ratings for Dr. Desikan Kadambi

Similar to another comment left here. Kadambi operated on my father in Brandon. I can't believe he is still allowed to operate after the damage he has done to some patients. If you compare his failure rate against other doctors and even the amount of comments regarding his abilities in this forum you can see that he has problems. My father was left with little site due Kadambi's botched attempt to operate on his eyes. Run away from this man.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

He all but destroyed my vision. I was extremely near sighted and later found out by specialists that I was not a good candidate for laser corrective surgery and should not have had it. Kadambi all but destroyed my eyesight leaving me with severe glaucoma in both eyes that has already destroyed 40 degrees of peripheral vision not to mention the hundreds of dollars I spend on multiple medications. I also developed severe cataracts and because I was never given information as to how much corrective surgery was done, the cataract surgeon had to 'guess' what power corrective lens I would need due to the severe thinning of the corneas resulting from the laser surgery. Guess what? He guessed wrong, now I'm heavily far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other. Thank you Kadambi for taking my money and ruining my life.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I had PRK done in 2010 or 2011 ... The year exactly escapes me. I hated having glasses so, so much and ever day when I was downtown I saw the LASIK building and finally researched the available procedures. PRK with Doctor kadambi brought my eyesight to a perfect 20/20. Sometimes I feel like it's even better that that!!! This doctor changed my life. I am so grateful each and every minute of each and every single day. Bless You doctor kadambi. Love your former patient Samantha L.

Submitted February 3, 2016

I found the article that I kept from April 1, 2000, when Kadambi was formally reprimanded and restricted in his practice. My mother went to him in Brandon and lost sight on her right eye after he did laser surgery on her eye. There is no way to really remove a doctor in this country and they can get away with anything. The College protects doctors not patients. My mother desperately needed help and none was given as she later lost all her sight. I will not give the title of Dr. to Kadambi and I can not believe that he still has a practice.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Kadambi was the best thing that ever happened to me. His staff were also very helpful and professional. before my surgery my eyesight was atrocious. I couldn't even see the capital E on the chart. Today me eyesight is better than 20/20. God bless Dr. Kadambi.

Submitted December 15, 2015

I had my blended surgery on October 22, 2015. It was an incredible experience! No pain at all, a little discomfort for 3 hrs. after surgery. The staff is very professional, very impressed with how well they work together and make you feel at home and comfortable. Really appreciate that there is no pressure to have surgery. I felt at peace every time I walked through the doors. Thank you! C David

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I had my first surgery done February 2014 and thought things had gone well I had gone back in a few times complaining that my vision wasn't coming back properly in my left eye, so on September 23rd I had a touch up done on my left eye, I started having issues again with my left eye and went back to see him and on October 28th I was told I had a detached retina and had to have a vitrectomy surgery, which failed, the opthamologist who saw me told me my retina had been detached for quite some time, and I had another vitrectomy with silicone oil which also failed, so I feel I paid $5000 to have my vision stolen from me, I had to stop working (tattooing) due to the blindness!!!! Im very angry hurt and depressed because of this and I would tell anyone who wants lasik to not do it, I was never told of any dangers of a detachment at all, nor was I told that lasik could also bring on a cateract which I also have to have removed, this surgery has ruined my life I hate looking at myself now because my once beautiful green eyes have now lost the sparkle in the left eye, its lost some of the color and all of the useable vision!!!! '

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I too doled out $6800 to this guy! Not happy after a year I went back. He tried to convince me that it was all in my head. I went to my regular eye doctor and am now back wearing progressives! Not only a waste of money, but I would be afraid to go back and give him a second shot at blining me! I also agree that a professional would not be manually be holding your head for such a precision procedure! Stay away from lsik and especially this quack.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I had blended vision done by Dr Kadambi last November. Best move of my life! It is so freeing to be with eyeglasses. He did the blended vision for me as I wore progressives. I do a lot of computer work as a graphic artist and with progressives it is impossible to see the entire screen, so would end up using readers. Problem was, I couldn't see anything else but the monitor! With the blended vision I can see the television, the computer monitor and everything else! I am extremely happy with Dr Kadambi's expertise and his staff are absolutely wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I had Lasik Surgery in February 2000 performed by Dr Desikan Kadambi, My vision was - 6 I could not see peoples face without glasses. I paid $ 1600 that time after the Surgey my eyes were 20/20... I wonder if Desikan Kadami knows how much I appreciate what he did for me. he changed my life,, There is no day comes by i don't think of him , he will always be my HERO. believe it or not this doctor Desikan kadambi saved my life. He really did, its been more than 15 years, now my eyes are -1 which is fine, sometimes i feel like having another Lasik Surgery but i can not afford it.....God Bless Dr Desikan Kadambi. I understand some patient were not happy and continue to have ongoing issue, i suggest them to see him again.

Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Desikan Kadambi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kadambi is a member of the American Academy Of Ophthalmology, the Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and the International Society of Refractive Surgeons. Lasik Surgeon Dr Kadambi has specialist qualifications in Ophthalmology from 3 countries. Before specializing in ophthalmology he worked in Plastic surgery, Orthopedics and trauma surgery and general surgery. He trained in ophthalmology at Birmingham Eye Hospital in England. After obtaining his FRCS from Edinburgh He immigrated to Canada. His extensive training in microsurgery enabled him to introduce new techniques in Manitoba. He was the first in Manitoba to perform Posterior chamber lens implants, multifocal lens implants and foldable soft lens implants in Manitoba. Being a pioneer in lens implant by Rotary Club of India. Along with his friend the late Dr. Norman Stahl of New York he held training workshop at Poona in India. His poster presentation in American lens Implant Society on modifications of Choyce Lens implant triggered a flood of modifications of Anterior chamber lens implants to make them safer. He became interested in refractive surgery in 1983 and He opened the first Laser Vision correction center in Manitoba in January 1994. In 1995 he started to initiate for the approval of LASIK in Manitoba. When it was approved in 1999 he was the first to perform LASIK. Since then he has performed over twenty eight thousand procedures.

• English

• UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE (Grad. 1959)