Ratings for Dr. Erika Buck

There are not going to be good outcomes for patients if she is unable to stop interrupting patients when they try to tell her something. Please listen to what the patient is trying to say and do not interrupt them. Please respect patient's need for privacy when in the emergency room. She was not kind when we spoke. Instead of discussing solutions to my problem, she kept scolding me for coming to the emergency room. When you practice in a city like North Bay, where patients cannot see their family doctor for a month or longer if they even have a family doctor to begin with, and there is only one walk-in clinic in the city that is the following: somewhat professionally run, is not telemedicine, is staffed by physicians, is for all patients, not only those who belong to a specific Family Health Team, and has somewhat decent hours, then expect some patients to have to come to the emergency room for non-emergency issues. Although not ideal, people sometimes have to go to the emergency room to get care in order to prevent suffering and emergencies in the future and they shouldn't be scolded for that when there are no other options for them. I will get the care I need when I need it because I pay alot of money in taxes. I hope I will have a better, more patient centred experience the next time I am in the unfortunate position of having to go to the emergency room.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

It's unfortunate that the awesome staff and nurses 5 star rating counts towards her because she is just terrible. Reading through all of these reviews I was almost in shock at how similar my experience was with her. Word. For. Word. Essentially I waited for 4+hrs at the hospital (and wasted everyones time) for nothing bc it was all in my head. I felt like i was on a conveyer belt of patients and she was going to get a bonus for how quickly she moved me and the rest of us in and out. "Get some rest" I now have a strep infection and am on course 2 of antibiotics bc it wasnt caught in time...im told it could turn into rheumatic fever? If Im not careful? Im now off work for much longer than i can afford and have already lost 10lbs. And this is a GOOD outcome. Imagine if it had been worse...or how many others she has put in danger... There are so many great drs up there...why on EARTH are they hanging on to this one.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr. Buck is not worth a 1 star rating. I went to emergency for foot pain that I have had for the past 4 days. She told me there was no need for an x-ray as it had been 4 days, she said it was not diabetes related as there were no other foot conditions. Her reason for my pain was the flip flops I had on, even though I had only worn them to go to the hospital. She said it was summer shoe related and to stick to my running shoes. So after sitting in emerg for over 3 hours, seeing her I still do not know what is causing the intense pain in my foot.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

She laughed at my condition and continued to flirt with my husband. I could hardly wait to get away from her. Her knowledge of how to treat patients are not even worth 1 star. I should have reported her

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

really rude experience with her. very dismissive, treating you like a dysfunctional product at a factory. examine quick and get you the *beep* out without any testing. i thought it was ER for a reason- to provide EMERGENCY services for EMERGENCY conditions? she acts as though i was there for a 5 minute psych chat. NORTH BAY IS THE WORST FOR MEDICAL ANYTHING!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

She was terrible. So rude and not helpful at all... she really belittles you.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dismissive, arrogant and condescending. Seemed bored and bothered.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Dr. Buck was great! I seen her in E.R. , she took her time, asking me lots of questions and felt she was really listening to me and took very good care of me!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Was very helpful with me today . Came and looked at my throat , took the time to speak with me , and go over different things .

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

TERRIBLE I spraind my ankle she said where does it hurt I used my hand too show her she turned around and said use your finger...like I was a kid I am in my 40s she is not nice at all!!To anyone who see's her in emerg good luck she is a nasty doctor!!Very high on herself!!Beware

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016