Ratings for Dr. William Roy

My family doctor for 15 years. Fantastic doctor. Sad to see him retire soon.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr Roy is a doctor who will write any prescription you want. He is not good at diagnosing things, he will pass it along and then forget to tell you the results. He is hard of hearing as well and has a hard time concentrating in the moment. I would advise anyone who has him as a doctor to find someone else. He misses a lot of diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Roy has been my Dr. for the last 43 1/2 yrs. He's also my husband and son's Dr. along with other family members. The way he takes his time, not rushing you out the door and making sure that your questions are answered is rare in this day and age. If something doesn't seem right he'll order tests to be done and if those tests either show something more or doesn't answer what's wrong, he'll order more testing or send you to a specialist. He saved my husband's life by going the extra mile and if other people want a Dr. who's always on time then they're missing out on the compassionate side that, IMO is what makes Dr. Roy such a kind, caring and all around amazing doctor. When my son was only 5yrs old, I took him to 4 other "doctors" in a single day because Dr. Roy was off that day, when the 5th Dr seen him, he contacted Dr. Roy about his medical history (something I'd been begging the other 4 to do). Once he found out his medical history from Dr. Roy, he immediately took the right steps in treating my son. Since it took us all day running from one urgent care to the next, by the time we got to Dr #5 and picked up the Rx's, 3 hours later my son had to be rushed to the hospital and was hooked up to 5 different machines right there in the ER. He ended up spending almost 2 weeks in the hospital because of other Dr's incompetence.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I was very surprised to learn that Dr. Roy is still a practicing physician. Many years ago, when he was my doctor, I took my daughter for her pre-school checkup and needles. I've always regretted that I hadn't reported him after this visit. Only because she was afraid to have a needle, he treated her in a very rough, intimidating manner, as well as swearing at her - totally unprofessional! We never went back.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr. Roy is a very understanding, caring man who never makes you feel rushed even when you have numerous concerns. He has a great sense of humor as well. I can only hope that when he does retire, I will have a doctor as wonderful as he is. You have to wait for your appointment but he will never rush you when it's your turn. Staff are great and fit you in when they can for emergencies. Those that complain about staff or the wait times are probably the same people who would complain if they were rushed or denied an appt. when they needed a quick one. Oh well, can't please everyone but I think he is awesome! Nothing but kudos here.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr Roy has been out van ily Dr for over 30 years and saved mothers life. Lakeridge missed lung cancer taken before surgery as a normal precautions. Dr Roy reviewed them and found the starting of lung cancer . this ended up saving her life as he also for her on a stand by list for surgery and was able to get. It before it grew . I have had nothing but good experiancea with him and he has found other things that tjw hospital overlooked as well as sent my wife for tests for a badly broken jaw from a robbery where other dr overlook or where to last to really check the problem I believe he is a great dr and have full trust in him due to his previous actions and the fact he Carr's about his patients from Jeff Weldon

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I am in the process of lodging a complaint with the college of physicians over the 'treatment' Dr. Roy has given my ex-wife over the last 10-12yrs. I've watched her steadily deteriorate into prescription drug abuse/addiction. Painkillers, Anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds as well as all manner of prescriptions for ailments that the patient may or may not even have. To hear others talk about his caring and dedication is strange to me-not at all my experience. I feel this man is dangerous, especially to patients who blindly trust medical practitioners, or to those who wish to manipulate Doctors for their own ends. Five years on methadone to treat an addiction that he created then back on painkillers again, 3 rehab stints always undermined by Dr Roy and his prescriptions. I hope he will be investigated and stopped. Just retire already your hurting people!

Submitted January 1, 2015

Dr. Roy is an amazing doctor! and has been my family Dr. for over 15 years. We are blessed to have him, his knowledge, care, understanding and are greatful to be one of the many lucky people who can call him their doctor. His deadication to his practice is unrivalled. He sees a lot of people not for the money, but out of the need to help those who are sick and to be available to his patients that need to see him, even when he is under-the-weather. He is a quiet gentleman, who takes the time that is needed and always greats you with the warmest smile and light in his eyes that makes you feel better no matter how sick you are. For those who have issues with his skills, are probably arm chair doctors looking for a doctor to agree with you or mindlessly give you what you want and that is not the kind of doctor he is. No one person or doctor's office is perfect and are extremely busy, so if you have important results expected be a little proactive and take some responsibility for your own health and follow up yourself. In my case I have a number of issues and no news was always good news, but when something was needed I was alerted and referred to the appropriate follow ups and tests required. It will be a dark day for the medical world, his patients, my family (3 generations) and myself especially, when Dr. Roy thinks about retiring. God Bless Dr. Roy, his beautiful family and his staff. Many thanks for all you do when illness and injuries strike.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Roy has been my families doctor for about 15 years now, he has treated my grandparents, parents, my husband and now my own children. He is very big on referrals which I think is great! Everyone in the office is wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr Roy was my family Dr as a child until my son was born 27 yrs later. I used to think all Dr's were late, arrogant, terrible bedside manor and in general just didn't listen. And then I moved and had to get a new Dr. Wow!! Leave him now and find a proper Dr. Just don't ask him to send your records on ... take them yourself ... he lost mine when he mailed them through Canada Post!!!!! When I moved back to the Oshawa area I refused to go back to him. I am surprised he is still around. I know a lot of his patients who left him because he was so terrible.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011