Ratings for Dr. Kevin R. Shanabrook

I am in ER now and I am ready to walk out this so called Dr is in the wrong line of work... I will not be spoken down to because I am a woman. I wont come to this er again

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Rude, arrogant bully. Uses patients position of weakness to behave inappropriately.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Very rude , offers no pain medicine, doesn't listen to how his patients feel, makes his own call, it's a disgrace that a dr acts this way!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Dr. Shanabrook saw my elderly mother and was as thorough as she allowed, he ran some tests and ruled out some causes of her incident. She declined further tests that he explained to her may provide additional information. He respected her right to self-determination in opting not to have addt tests. He followed up w/ me (her dtr) by phone since I didn't know she was at the ER, at my mother's request and we had a productive conversation, he described tests that he offered and said she declined all. He was perfectly respectful of her decisions despite his expertise. He was honest and caring and I would go to him or send anyone to him with great confidence. ER was pretty busy.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Very short with questions and answers. Very judgmental. Did not complete a full exam. Made an assumption about my condition before he even walked all the way into the room.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Very smart!!! Would trust him an actual emergent situation any day!!! I'm glad to see there are doctors not handing out narcotics like candy providing people more problems

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

I was there today with my 30 year old son and this dr has got to be the rudest meanest dr I have ever meant. He seems to have a phobia about gay men and think they are after drugs. My son was/is in a lot of pain. We were at the er for about 5 hours and he NEVER gave the ok for pain meds and the nurse even saw how much pain he is in. The so called dr came in with an attitude problem to start with and it was even worst 4 hours later. He didn't believe anything my son or his partner said even thought he had been hospitalized for the same problem before at a different hospital. So I pity ANYONE who ever has to come in contact with this so called dr. I can only hope someday he will have the same pain my son is suffering from and NO on will help him. I can not believe this ED would have this person on staff that has any dealing with anyone.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

In my opinion, he is one of the rudest,unfeeling, arrogant doctor's that exist!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

Dr. Kevin R. Shanabrook's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• Blue Cross Federal