You may also like

Took my nephew and this good for nothing doctor advised I have never seen this before. Let's wait another week to see if he gets sicker. What kind of doctor says that. Why is she a doctor a baby doctor at that. She is useless after reading the reviews she does this alot. She said she was a blind person in a sea of animals and she does not know what animal his illness. Who says that. This is so unprofessional. Why is she allowed to practice. Also her receptionist the old lady super rude. She said I don't know what it is like to have a sick child my child never got that sick. Two peas in a pod.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

We always have hard time getting an appointment, as her receptionist is really rude. Dr. Lopatka is ok, but when my new born had rashes, she couldn't recommend much, and I figured it out thotough the other nurses that it's eczema. I did my best to cure it, but didn't get any recommendation from the doc. Other than that she has diagnosed my daughter well.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Recent staff has been quite friendly. Lopatka is rarely on time, but 20 mins late isn't the worst I've seen in doctors so 3/5 rating for that. She seems unwilling to learn about things I've asked her about (baby-led weaning, child's first dental appointments), and she doesn't even try to make my kid's experience in any way positive. In fact she loudly shushed my 18mo old who was sick/crying with a high fever, almost like she couldn't handle being near a sick child and was halfway out the door when giving her "advice". All in all I'm looking for a new pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

After calling this office twice a week for over 44 days, this office could still not produce a referral. The new doctor is no longer accepting new patients and I now need to travel an additional 18km to another pediatrician and get an entirely new referral by family physician as her office is incapable of generating the document. "I'm too busy", "When I get around to it" is what I am quoted after repeatedly asking. Please avoid this office as they clearly think they are Hollywood movie stars that are too good for common people.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I have been taking my children here since 1998. She has always been fantastic and taken the time needed to answer our questions and concerns. When I was worried about my daughter and her holding her breath until she passed out it was Dr. Lopatka that recognized I needed to hear from someone else that she was going to be ok and so she sent us to a specialist. I am very thankful for her and all she has done for us over the years. She goes out of her way to make your children feel comfortable. I personally have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to see her. When I had another child in 2010 there was no doubt that I would be taking him to see this fantastic woman! I love that she knows her limitations we have recently had an emergency situation with my 14 year old and she recognized right away that it was time for her to see a gyno and that she no longer needed her pediatrician!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

If you want a doctor that treats your child like a business transaction then this is the place to take your child. It doesn't take much to distract a child or even talk to a child so they aren't scared to be in the doctors office and Dr.Lopatka does non of this. I realize that you are there to do a job which is determine whether everything is okay with your patients but just add a little bit of interest in the patient outside of the normal box thinking and I am certain the children would not scream as much as they currently do when they visit you (and this is an extremely health two year old so imagine a child that really does need care!).

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I think Dr.Lopatka is one of the better doctors out there! The only downside to seeing her is the length of time you have to wait for an appointment...3-4 months is way to long to wait to get an appointment..Maybe she could improve this by taking on less patients:)

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

In hospital I didn't find Dr.Lopatka that personable but thought I would give her a chance. We wait a bit to get in but what doctor comes without a wait? I am glad we gave her the second chance. She is thorough and answers all my MANY questions. She sent us for further evaluation immediately when she felt there may be a concern - turns out baby if fine but I am impressed to have a family doctor who is thinking about early detection and prevention rather than ignoring concerns. I am confident that we are in good hands and I would recommend her to a friend.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

I really like Dr. Lopatka and the most important part is the kids really like her as well.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Dr. Joan Lopatka's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Took my nephew and this good for nothing doctor advised I have never seen this before. Let's wait another week to see if he gets sicker. What kind of doctor say..."

September 4, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T6E 5X9". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 9803 34 Ave NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804619299".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Hard to get an appointment, long wait. We have been with her for 7 years now. overall a good pediatrician. Does not sugarcoat , straightforward."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "We always have hard time getting an appointment, as her receptionist is really rude. Dr. Lopatka is ok, but when my new born had rashes, she couldn't recommend ..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Recent staff has been quite friendly. Lopatka is rarely on time, but 20 mins late isn't the worst I've seen in doctors so 3/5 rating for that. She seems unwill..."

September 11, 2014