Ratings for Dr. Joan Lopatka

I have had nothing but excellent experiences she is to the point, has open and honest communication regarding concerns I fully trust her opinion and she has directed us to different specialist for areas that require more specialized knowledge base . I am sure she may not be for everyone but she is defiantly the doctor for us and treats the way I need a doctor to!! I would wait all day to see her if I had to to know that I am getting the best care for my child! Thank you Dr we appreciate your time and effort !!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Wait times are ridiculous, especially as the Apts are so hurried and rushed. Plus she never really answered my question when I had a concern about my baby.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Pretty crappy doctor. She also gave me many rude responses when I went in with my first daughter asking questions about allergic responses. My main problem is the RECEPTIONIST who has told me to call back every time on days the office is closed. Also she has talked back to me numerous times and is highly unprofessional. Not a very welcoming receptionist and the appointments are always SO late. Worst place to go!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

she always speaks very fast, check our baby very fast, do everything very fast seems like she is super busy. English is my second language I have to listen carefully as she is not very patient. When I have questions to ask she sometimes doesnt have patient to answer. There was one time she told me to ask people work in pharmacy! and one time she said dont ask me questions i dont know! every time we have to wait about 1 hour to see her. The clinic was so cold we have to undress the baby to get weight.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

My experience with this pediatrician was nothing short of appalling. My son was born via c section and had a health concern upon being delivered. Dr Lopatka was the pediatrician who was assigned to us and came to assess our son. Within a few minutes, she announced that he had a rare syndrome. When we asked her what that meant, she said that it could cause many problems including affecting his heart and/or other major organs. She could not offer us any further information. When we started asking her a few questions, she was rude and curt and condescending. Obviously upset by the news that our son was potentially very ill, we asked her if his symptoms could be something other than a syndrome. She asked in a rude tone if she should just tell us what we wanted to hear. What an inappropriate response! Several other doctors came to see us in hospital after our visit with Dr Lopatka. None of them agreed with her diagnosis. We were left very confused. Why would a doctor tell us that our son had something wrong with him when it was possible that he was fine? Our son has since been tested for the syndrome that Dr Lopatka told us he had, and the tests have all came back normal. To diagnose a baby with a serious syndrome before the tests confirm that, is nothing short of unprofessional and negligent. She didn't tell us that she wanted to rule it out, she told us he HAD a syndrome that he does NOT have. She caused our family a great deal of heartache and stress for nothing. I seriously question her competency as a professional. Not only did she misdiagnose our newborn, but she did so in such an unprofessional and uncaring manner.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Everyone has their own expectations of what they think a pediatrician should be. Dr. Lopatka has treated my kids for years and we trust her 100%. It's a busy office and you will wait past your appointment time and there's a reason for that. If you need it, she will spend extra time asking and answering questions and will send you to referrals as needed. She is not incompetent..she will admit her limitations and either research the answer or refer you. She cares...and it shows but she will tell you if she thinks your concerns are minor. She is gentle but quick with assessments but notices things that will surprise you. Those skills are what we look for in a pediatrician for our kids. I have friends to make me feel good and I have a trusted pediatrician to treat my kids.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

We have been going to her for over 13 years. Very helpful and patient with all my girls always taking as much time as I need to explain things and make sure we have the right referrals. Wouldn't trust anyone else to look after my youngest daughter's rare genetic condition.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Idiot, insensitive and incompetent. She runs her office like a slaughter house, people are in and out without being provided any level of care. Don't expect to be able to ask questions or get any answers.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I have had dr lopatka for all three of my children, she is amazing and straight forward.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr.loptka is a very mean and rude Dr. I have never seen such a terrible Dr. in my life I usually see Dr. Michael Bowman who is very nice But today he was not in office and my baby was sick so i decided to take her to Dr.Lopatka. but i had never imagined a Dr. Could b soooo mean She never even said hi hello. And she held her so tightlly that she made baby cry and when she was going to check my daughters throught. She hit my baby nose that it started to bleed. I will advice every person never ever go to Dr.lopatka

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016