Ratings for Dr. Joan Lopatka

I have had dr lopatka for all three of my children, she is amazing and straight forward.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr.loptka is a very mean and rude Dr. I have never seen such a terrible Dr. in my life I usually see Dr. Michael Bowman who is very nice But today he was not in office and my baby was sick so i decided to take her to Dr.Lopatka. but i had never imagined a Dr. Could b soooo mean She never even said hi hello. And she held her so tightlly that she made baby cry and when she was going to check my daughters throught. She hit my baby nose that it started to bleed. I will advice every person never ever go to Dr.lopatka

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Lopatka is very knowledgeable and helpful. She, in my opinion, went above and beyond when my daughter was quite I'll at 4 myths old. We went in to see her and she recommended we give her pedialyte as she wasn't eating, drinking or urinating and that if she got worse to go to emerg. She did get worse so we took her in. Dr. L called us late that night from her home asking how our daughter was doing. She also gave us her home and cell number if anything else should happen. Very kind. She was very supportive when I chose to quit breastfeeding. She has helped put my mind at ease several times being that I'm a first time mom.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I'm so glad I switched doctors. She has got to be the rudest Doctor that I have ever met. She made my husband and I feel bad for being concerned about the hives our son was getting. When my husband and I figured out that he was allergic to watermelons and told her about it she past it off and said he can't be allergic, if you two aren't allergic. The same thing went for penicillin. I begged for a referral to an immunologist and with rolling eyes and bitterness she gave us one. And low and behold our son is allergic to all melons and penicillin. Her staff is also extremely rude!!!!! Pathetic excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Took my nephew and this good for nothing doctor advised I have never seen this before. Let's wait another week to see if he gets sicker. What kind of doctor says that. Why is she a doctor a baby doctor at that. She is useless after reading the reviews she does this alot. She said she was a blind person in a sea of animals and she does not know what animal his illness. Who says that. This is so unprofessional. Why is she allowed to practice. Also her receptionist the old lady super rude. She said I don't know what it is like to have a sick child my child never got that sick. Two peas in a pod.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Hard to get an appointment, long wait. We have been with her for 7 years now. overall a good pediatrician. Does not sugarcoat , straightforward.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

We always have hard time getting an appointment, as her receptionist is really rude. Dr. Lopatka is ok, but when my new born had rashes, she couldn't recommend much, and I figured it out thotough the other nurses that it's eczema. I did my best to cure it, but didn't get any recommendation from the doc. Other than that she has diagnosed my daughter well.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Recent staff has been quite friendly. Lopatka is rarely on time, but 20 mins late isn't the worst I've seen in doctors so 3/5 rating for that. She seems unwilling to learn about things I've asked her about (baby-led weaning, child's first dental appointments), and she doesn't even try to make my kid's experience in any way positive. In fact she loudly shushed my 18mo old who was sick/crying with a high fever, almost like she couldn't handle being near a sick child and was halfway out the door when giving her "advice". All in all I'm looking for a new pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

After calling this office twice a week for over 44 days, this office could still not produce a referral. The new doctor is no longer accepting new patients and I now need to travel an additional 18km to another pediatrician and get an entirely new referral by family physician as her office is incapable of generating the document. "I'm too busy", "When I get around to it" is what I am quoted after repeatedly asking. Please avoid this office as they clearly think they are Hollywood movie stars that are too good for common people.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I have been taking my children here since 1998. She has always been fantastic and taken the time needed to answer our questions and concerns. When I was worried about my daughter and her holding her breath until she passed out it was Dr. Lopatka that recognized I needed to hear from someone else that she was going to be ok and so she sent us to a specialist. I am very thankful for her and all she has done for us over the years. She goes out of her way to make your children feel comfortable. I personally have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to see her. When I had another child in 2010 there was no doubt that I would be taking him to see this fantastic woman! I love that she knows her limitations we have recently had an emergency situation with my 14 year old and she recognized right away that it was time for her to see a gyno and that she no longer needed her pediatrician!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012