Ratings for Dr. Joan Lopatka

she always speaks very fast, check our baby very fast, do everything very fast seems like she is super busy. English is my second language I have to listen carefully as she is not very patient. When I have questions to ask she sometimes doesnt have patient to answer. There was one time she told me to ask people work in pharmacy! and one time she said dont ask me questions i dont know! every time we have to wait about 1 hour to see her. The clinic was so cold we have to undress the baby to get weight.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

My experience with this pediatrician was nothing short of appalling. My son was born via c section and had a health concern upon being delivered. Dr Lopatka was the pediatrician who was assigned to us and came to assess our son. Within a few minutes, she announced that he had a rare syndrome. When we asked her what that meant, she said that it could cause many problems including affecting his heart and/or other major organs. She could not offer us any further information. When we started asking her a few questions, she was rude and curt and condescending. Obviously upset by the news that our son was potentially very ill, we asked her if his symptoms could be something other than a syndrome. She asked in a rude tone if she should just tell us what we wanted to hear. What an inappropriate response! Several other doctors came to see us in hospital after our visit with Dr Lopatka. None of them agreed with her diagnosis. We were left very confused. Why would a doctor tell us that our son had something wrong with him when it was possible that he was fine? Our son has since been tested for the syndrome that Dr Lopatka told us he had, and the tests have all came back normal. To diagnose a baby with a serious syndrome before the tests confirm that, is nothing short of unprofessional and negligent. She didn't tell us that she wanted to rule it out, she told us he HAD a syndrome that he does NOT have. She caused our family a great deal of heartache and stress for nothing. I seriously question her competency as a professional. Not only did she misdiagnose our newborn, but she did so in such an unprofessional and uncaring manner.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Everyone has their own expectations of what they think a pediatrician should be. Dr. Lopatka has treated my kids for years and we trust her 100%. It's a busy office and you will wait past your appointment time and there's a reason for that. If you need it, she will spend extra time asking and answering questions and will send you to referrals as needed. She is not incompetent..she will admit her limitations and either research the answer or refer you. She cares...and it shows but she will tell you if she thinks your concerns are minor. She is gentle but quick with assessments but notices things that will surprise you. Those skills are what we look for in a pediatrician for our kids. I have friends to make me feel good and I have a trusted pediatrician to treat my kids.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

We have been going to her for over 13 years. Very helpful and patient with all my girls always taking as much time as I need to explain things and make sure we have the right referrals. Wouldn't trust anyone else to look after my youngest daughter's rare genetic condition.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Idiot, insensitive and incompetent. She runs her office like a slaughter house, people are in and out without being provided any level of care. Don't expect to be able to ask questions or get any answers.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I have had dr lopatka for all three of my children, she is amazing and straight forward.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr.loptka is a very mean and rude Dr. I have never seen such a terrible Dr. in my life I usually see Dr. Michael Bowman who is very nice But today he was not in office and my baby was sick so i decided to take her to Dr.Lopatka. but i had never imagined a Dr. Could b soooo mean She never even said hi hello. And she held her so tightlly that she made baby cry and when she was going to check my daughters throught. She hit my baby nose that it started to bleed. I will advice every person never ever go to Dr.lopatka

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Lopatka is very knowledgeable and helpful. She, in my opinion, went above and beyond when my daughter was quite I'll at 4 myths old. We went in to see her and she recommended we give her pedialyte as she wasn't eating, drinking or urinating and that if she got worse to go to emerg. She did get worse so we took her in. Dr. L called us late that night from her home asking how our daughter was doing. She also gave us her home and cell number if anything else should happen. Very kind. She was very supportive when I chose to quit breastfeeding. She has helped put my mind at ease several times being that I'm a first time mom.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I'm so glad I switched doctors. She has got to be the rudest Doctor that I have ever met. She made my husband and I feel bad for being concerned about the hives our son was getting. When my husband and I figured out that he was allergic to watermelons and told her about it she past it off and said he can't be allergic, if you two aren't allergic. The same thing went for penicillin. I begged for a referral to an immunologist and with rolling eyes and bitterness she gave us one. And low and behold our son is allergic to all melons and penicillin. Her staff is also extremely rude!!!!! Pathetic excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Took my nephew and this good for nothing doctor advised I have never seen this before. Let's wait another week to see if he gets sicker. What kind of doctor says that. Why is she a doctor a baby doctor at that. She is useless after reading the reviews she does this alot. She said she was a blind person in a sea of animals and she does not know what animal his illness. Who says that. This is so unprofessional. Why is she allowed to practice. Also her receptionist the old lady super rude. She said I don't know what it is like to have a sick child my child never got that sick. Two peas in a pod.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015