Dr. Douglas Humphreys

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Douglas Humphreys

I had had multiple consultations with different surgeons prior to my breast augmentation almost 8 years ago now, but within minutes of my meeting with Dr Humphrys, he blew the other surgeons out of the water in regards to his strong knowledge, his honesty but most importantly his bedside manner (as most woman aren’t exactly the most comfortable to openly show their breasts and/or discuss/evaluate them). He makes you feel very comfortable and shows no judgment at any time. He answered EVERY question written on my “ask the Dr.” List BEFORE I even asked the questions! I’m from Edmonton but once I met him, there was no way that I would have gone with any other doctor but him. The 6 hour total drives (there and back) were all worth it (whether it was for a 15 min checkup appointment or driving back to Edmonton immediately following my operation), I still wouldn’t change the surgeon I chose for my augmentation! Absolutely fantastic!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

He was so kind and personable. My stitches healed perfectly. Would recommend him again and again . Real professional.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr. Humphreys preformed my breast augmentation and I honestly have nothing but great things to say about him. When I first went to see him I was very apprehensive about it and was expecting him to talk me into it but he did the exact opposite. He spent a long time going over my concerns and eventually told me that he felt I should not rush into it! He put me at such ease that I knew right away that he was the surgeon for me. The whole experience was amazing. The staff were professional, courteous and very supportive . My augment turned out exactly as he said they would and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Dr. Humphreys and MPTS staff.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Can’t believe he performed surgery and forgot he was supposed to work on breast. His excuse was “ I forgot” WARNING not good his mind isn’t on surgery when he’s doing surgery. Hospital gave Patient Advocate business card & suggested I contact Cdn medical assn.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I’m not even one week after having liposuction to my tummy and I am doing really well. I already look and feel amazing. There is no way I could have achieved this look with Cool Sculpting! I had a tummy tuck in January and now just wanted contouring to show off my flat tummy! Wow! My tummy hasn’t looked this good sine I was 40. That was 20 years ago. Dr, Humphreys is so knowledgeable and answers any questions. He makes you feel at ease from the first moment you meet him. The entire office is amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Humphreys and MTPS Surgical Centre!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Humphreys. I was referred to him by my family doctor after a ear piercing in my cartilage got horribly infected and miss treated by another dr. After the experience I had with the other dr lancing my ear everyday for 3 months to try and clean out the infection I was very nervous and beyond scared about having my ear cleaned out. Dr. Humphreys was so gentle and very compassionate. He was able to get my ear clear of infection. Due to the severity of the infection & previous dr miss treatment, I was left with a cauliflower ear. Dr Humphreys has referred me to an amazing dr. Who from what I have read is just like him and cares for his patience. I can not thank Dr. Humphreys enough for what he did. He is one of those rare dr's who actually has compassion for his patience and does everything he can for you.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

I got juvederm under my tear trough 18 months ago. At the time I had read that Restylane filler was recommended for this specific area instead of using Juvederm. When I had my consultation, I asked for Restylane and the doctor said that Juvederm and Restylane were pretty much the same. I trusted him and let him put Juvederm. Ohhh bad mistake!!! After the procedure I had really bad bruising that lasted at least 3 weeks. After that I ended up with bluish bags under my eyes that I still have after 18 months. What a nightmare!! Now I am trying to get my bags fixed. This doctor could be good at body surgeries according to reviews but he doesn’t have the experience and skills with dermafillers. Don’t put your face in hands of this doctor!!!!! You will regreat it!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Yesterday was exactly 2 months post-op since I had my bilateral breast reduction. I had very minimal pain at the most a #2 on operation day itself. Never filled the prescription for pain killers at all. I am so happy with the results!! Dr. Humphreys was more than accommodating and sympathetic to some of the negativity I had experienced albeit with xray techs for mammograms. I was so lucky to have AHC pay for this procedure which I never expected. A big Thankyou...thankyou for doing this for me!!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Humphries is an AMAZING surgeon and human being! Not only is his work fantastic but his bedside manner is better than any doctor I've ever been with. At the first consultation, he answered EVERY single question that I had written down to ask him; BEFORE I even asked him! Makes you feel extremely comfortable and at ease. His work means so much To him and he won't let his patients leave unhappy; he will ensure that all patients are happy with his work. He goes above and beyond to ensure that his patients are completely happy with his work! His staff are all also so sweet and accommodating! They return all emails/calls very efficiently and with genuine care. I have been a very happy patient of Dr. Humphries for over 7 years now and wouldn't imagine going to any other surgeon for the procedures that he has done for me!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I was unhappy with my saggy and deflated breasts post babies, breastfeeding and weight loss. I went in to see Dr Humphreys not really knowing what my options were (i.e. breast augmentation, a lift, both?) After a thorough assessment and consultation, we decided together that to achieve the best results for what I was looking for, a breast augmentation alone would be the best fit. I had a breast augmentation in Feb 2016. From the consultation to the procedure to the post-op follow ups, I was very impressed with his knowledge, professionalism and friendliness. I am so happy with my breasts. They look wonderful and they feel very natural. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Douglas Humphreys's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After receiving his medical degree with great distinction from the University of Saskatchewan, Dr. Douglas Humphreys completed extensive training and co-founded Macleod Trail Plastic Surgery. He is a member of both the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He offers his Calgary patients a wide range of cosmetic procedures including breast augmentation, tummy tucks and facelift surgery. To learn more about Dr. Humphreys and his practice please visit his website.

• English

• University of Saskatchewan (Grad. 1997)

• Breast augmentation