You may also like

Rate Dr. Douglas Humphreys

Dr. Douglas Humphreys's Ratings

Takes the time to answer questions and demonstrates genuine care for his patients. Is very compassionate and non-judgemental, puts you at ease and makes you feel comfortable. Very pleased with my breast reconstruction surgery and tummy tuc which was necessitated by having a mastectomy. For the first time since having children over 39 years ago, I am proud of how I look in clothes and out of them. Dr, Humphrey's was highly recommended and my results are why he is so highly regarded within the medical field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Humphreys did a BA and scar reguvenation therapy in June 2015 for which I couldn't be happier with the results. I was very nervous about the procedure when I met him, he and his staff were very empathetic, courteous, patient with my questions and professional. I felt very comfortable with him and everyone in the clinic. I cannot say enough about him and would recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2848223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I recently underwent an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and rectus plication (tightening of abdominal muscles) at the Macleod Trail Plastic Surgery Clinic. My surgeon was Dr. Humphreys. The entire experience has been fantastic from start to finish.
My initial consultation with Dr. Humphreys was very informative. He explained the procedure in detail and drew pictures of the incision and new belly button. He answered all my questions patiently and addressed all my concerns with kindness and detailed information. He is obviously very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience with this procedure.
What is very unique about the Macleod Trail Plastic Surgery Clinic is that the actual surgery (which occurs under general anesthesia) takes place at the clinic in one of two state of the art operating rooms. I felt very comfortable knowing that the nursing staff and anesthesiologist are handpicked by Dr. Humphreys to assist him in a very well designed outpatient operating room.
I am now almost one month post-abdominoplasty and the results are unbelievable. My hope was to have a stomach which resembled my pre-pregnancy stomach but the appearance of my stomach is significantly better than before I had children! I am very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results. Thank you to Dr. Humphreys and his amazing clinic staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Humphreys made me feel very much at ease. He is a very charismatic, engaging and professional. I felt he understood my concerns. He did a fantastic job and I have recommended him to friends.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2673271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Dr. Humphreys re-set my nose after a bad bike crash. He's empathetic, helpful, kind, engaging, professional and did a fantastic job. I cannot say enough good things about this doctor

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2656519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Before going for a consultation I did a lot of research about the surgery, Doctors in the area, and the after care. I felt really overwhelmed and after reading all of the amazing reviews for Dr. Humphreys I asked my Dr to send a referral to him. I went to see Dr Humphreys last year for a Breast Reduction Consultation and it was fantastic. He was so professional and actually took the time to address my concerns and make me feel at ease about the surgery. My consultation was in December and my Surgery was in February. On the day of my surgery I was so nervous and so before the surgery he made me feel safe and comfortable. I am SO grateful for him and his talent. I had a reduction and a lift and they look fantastic. Not only did he do a great job, but he has seen me 3 times since the surgery to make sure everything is healing nicely. He is very considerate, he takes pride in his work, and takes the time to educate you on after care. I highly recommend Dr Humphreys and his staff at McLeod Trail Plastic Surgery! Thank you so much Dr Humphreys!!! You are incredible! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2618119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I was referred to by a friend for breast reduction , when i first meet him i was nervous . he started talking about other things and he made me comfortable . I made my appointment in late oct had my surgery in dec 4 2013 , i love job he did . so i went back to him again for tummy tuck had it oct 21 and 11 days later so happy with the results . His staff was awesome to i would referred him to anyone he is awesome dr . I love what he did for me

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Humphrey's to perform my breast reconstruction immediately after prophylactic bilateral mastectomies (performed by Dr. Austen). I was immediately impressed with his bedside manner and the time he took with me to also know who I was beyond being "a patient". He was honest and compassionate. I am still early out of surgery (only a couple of months) but I am very pleased to date with how my healing is going and his wonderful bedside manner has continued through. I am also incredibly impressed with how he closed up my incisions - they are so fine and clean, and others I have shown his work too are similarly impressed. It seems I see many breast reconstructions where the "goal" is to look good in clothes, but Dr. Humphrey's seems to recognize the importance to women of looking good OUT of them as well. He obviously cares about his work. I know that in the future if I need any further surgeries related to my reconstruction I can trust him absolutely!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2450717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Humphreys for 9 years. He cured me of skin cancer I had on my leg. It was the most severe cancer, a melanoma. He was the only doctor, including the nice doctors from the cancer centre, who asked me how I was dealing with my cancer diagnosis. He really cared. He did my cancer surgery quickly, within one month. Because of the type of surgery he had to do ( skin graft), it left me with a little scar. I decided a few years ago to go see Dr. Humphreys again and see if my scar could be improved. It sure could! He cut out the old skin graft scar and now my leg looks beautiful again! Now I go to the office to see Dr. Doug and Vanessa to make my face look younger. Their creams and lunchtime tricks make me look and feel great. Thanks Dr. Doug and team. You are the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Humphreys took a skin lesion off my teenage son. His bedside manner was wonderful and his surgical technique meticulous. Kind, compassionate, easy to talk to, and a great surgeon! No hesitation to recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450715].votes_count ]]