Ratings for Dr. S. Rangaswamy

I have been seeing Dr Rangaswamy for a few years for the same problem. As the problem got worse he just changed my meds - no help at all, and his staff were rude, and didn't seem to be too much on the ball.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I was referred to Dr. R by my neurologist. His staff never answer their phone. His help was to hand me a pamphlet. I got no cautionary advice about "clean self catheterization" I have since experienced 2 UTI's A horrifying, disgusting and painful experience. Both thumbs way down for "Dr." S. Rangaswamy.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I had tests done by both Dr. Rangaswamy at the hospital and his nurse Shelley (I believe that was her name. If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.). I found the doctor, the nurse and all of the staff at both locations to be knowledgeable and kind. They made a somewhat embarrassing and uncomfortable experience seem so quick, easy and professional. I believe that I will only remember the great way they handled my situation and that I was able to leave with my dignity intact.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

He's a terrible doctor. he performs the test before warning me what he was going to do and caused a lot of pain and then Gives me a completely different diagnosis then my first urologist and a pill that doesn't work again (5th pill) he's rude short with his answers explains nothing goes away to India all the time has no answering machine and is never on time. Ten years I have not slept and he's no help at all

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

He is so rushy and careless. I have no respect for this man.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I had 2 kidney stone surgery 1 on October 27 and the other on dec 8 I had 3 kidney stones 1 was a 9mm dr Rangaswamy explain the surgery to me

Submitted February 23, 2016

I showed up to ER in excruciating pain, had already spent 24 hrs in bed at home in cold sweats, vomiting, fever and huge pain in my side (kidney stone of course). Last ER visit they did nothing about it, 2.1cm in size then, now apparently same 1, just moved location, but down to 1.1cm (perhaps from the stone crusher pill I started using?) NOW they decide at half the original size that I cant pass it (go figure) and set me into hospital for the night, surgery at 7pm. I was in & out of it from morphine & perks, but Dr. Rangaswamy explained the procedure in less than a minute with no real explanation as to why they weren't just removing the thing if they were going in there anyways, why make 2 surgeries? They finish the surgery bragging "see! only 10 mins" (as if I think it's some kind of race) really? Doc already gone by the time I came to, and did NOT return to go over after care, do's & don't or nothing. Laid up in the hospital another few days, went 4 days no food, 1 1/2 days no liquid & still barely giving anything to eat (my toddler could eat more than they provide). The Dr. does not come back that night, the next morning or by the afternoon. I expressed many times that I have 3 children to get home to, a 17 month old who was being babysat by someone who was risking losing their job if I did not return that day by 2 pm. Nurses at hospital injected me not once, but twice with an antibiotic I was allergic tot through IV's, 2 of them, 1 in each arm, now I have 2 lemon size lumps on my arms like popeye. They STILL don't change my bracelet over it. I wait in the room another few hrs, at this time, my 95 yr old room neighbor has raging diarhea all over the place, staff leave it stinking up the room for a while to deal with the other old lady having chest pains. Finally someone cleans it with tons of bleach, I start breaking out in hives everywhere! That hospital was a hot mess! I HAD to get out of their, mainly as I did not want Family & Children Services taking my kids due to abandonment, no one expected me to be gone almost 3 days! Dr still didn't come back, so I ask for a waiver to sign myself out. Nurses then don't come back with it either, so I just left at that point. Make it home to my kids just in time, call hospital, find out Dr. showed up 10 mins after I left (yeah, of course!) was very upset that I left, staff tells me I now have to contat his office to set up surgery date. I cll the office, no answer & they don't take messages....convenient! Lucky for me, I scrounged up some T3's at home to get me through the night since they have left this stone in my like a ticking time bomb. God knows how the surgery went, cause no one told me anything about it. Hoping that my Family Dr. will get me everything I need....should be able to count on him! This Dr. is rushy & careless!!!!

Submitted December 2, 2015

I went in for kidney stone removal on my right kidney I was referred by my family doctor. I cannot begin to tell you how bad their staff is there the doctor said to call if I have any questions or concerns. I started to get a UTI and phoned in Monday morning office the receptionist said she would have the doctor phone me back I waited Wednesday morning called back same thing said they would have the doctor call me back he never did Friday called office and they rudely said you have to call your family doctor like I should already know that. I'm sorry but a urologist should take care of their patients to make sure they do not have infections in their bladder. I then made an appointment for Monday with my family doctor which did not look too impressed with the urologist. By then my UTI was giving me sore testicles luckily the antibiotics worked well and it cleared up in about 3 or 4 days. I ended up getting the stones removed with ureteroscopy and he was unable to remove 1 of the 2 stones he said it was 7mm In my right kidney he never did a ct scan for stones an now they found out I have stones in both kidneies will need surgery again possibly in the next few years all depends on if stones stay put or not. I am dissapointe in Dr. Rangaswamy and the staff I also had complications after surgery when they remove the stent after only 2 or 3 days the swelling from surgery ended up blocking my ureter and I ended up in the emergency room they gave me toradol and luckily it cleared up .

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Generally I have seen Knowledgeable Doctors are very arrogant but he is very different from other Doctors! He is very helpful, Nice, Pleasant, friendly and always explains the procedure in LAY MAN language so any one can understand what Doctor is doing. When I entered in the operation theater I have a fear and nervousness but after his explanation I forget everything and he finished my Surgery successfully.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Unfortunately I have been using Rangaswamy for the past four years under watchful wait for prostrate cancer. This has been the biggest mistake of my life to trust this so-called specialist.to cut a long story short I have seen another urologist and will be having surgery in the next three weeks. For the cancer has spread outside of the prostrates so therefore I will lose maybe all my new endings. My suggestion is stay away from this so-called doctor. Hope this has been helpful and will save somebody else the trauma I am going through.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013