Ratings for Dr. R. Shyleyko

Probably best if he retires. Seems tired and not interested.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr Shyleyko has been my family Dr. for 4 years. His clinic has always been great, great staff and accomodating. He really doesn't beat around the bush, he tells you in honesty if he knows something or not. If he doesn't, he investigates and discusses with you in a later appointment, which is normally no more than a few days.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I am having problems with my current boss that has caused a lot of stress and effecting my health over the last 8 months. I went to Dr. Shyleyko for a letter requesting sick leave. He felt that 'I was trying to get him to solve my problem and that he felt unconfortable signing a letter for this. 3 appointments later, he gives me the worst letter I have ever seen. Clearly, he dragged this on for 3 days just for the money. My 10 year old could have written something better. This guy is a joke and a poor excuse for a Doctor. I am switching Doctors and clinics. Avoid at all costs. Good thing I can claim the $75 and get my money back.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I went to see this doctor for some health issues, when needing a form filled out from work was charged 50 dollars which I kind of expected. what we had talked about needing to be writen on the form was not all complely there when he had faxed it into work actually caused issues with my schedule. I went back to him to have the issue fixed and got frustrated with the situation told me that he explained to the companie I work for what the problem was and now it is up to them to work with me to fix it and thats all he can do and walked out on me. I went to him for helpa and he failed to provide this. booked me for an appointment and left me high and dry and billed for a patient. What he dosent understand is that the job i work for wants specifics right down to the last detail now I'm screwed the form he filled out means nothing now! would rather see a walk in doc

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

My experience has been nothing but amazing. Every single time I had a concern about myself or my children, he has always referred me to a specialist. I love that he does not pretend to know everything and guides me to those who have special training in different areas. He is not warm and fuzzy but he is kind and sincere. I respect his direct manner and his extra time he allots for appointments. His staff can be very supportive. MY latter couple of experiences with his staff have been much more positive.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

It seems the people here are right, the staff is terrible ! They cant even accomodate me for a late afternoon appointment. so I was his patient for almost 20 years and now I change doctors.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

At first I thought he was being thorough, he ran the regular gambit of tests for the problem I had but when he came to the point where he didn’t know, instead of referring me to a specialist he just gave up, started to totally loose his composure. He was far too argent to accept the problem was beyond his knowledge, but to give up and not refer a patient to a specialist is just incompetent. I don’t think this doctor should be practicing; his level of competency is far below any standard for practice any where in Canada.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

I truly feel that Dr. Shyleyko is just putting in time until he can retire. He doesn't seem to keep his knowledge current and doesn't really seem to care. he has steered me, and my family, wrong on several occasions. If you are presenting him with a problem he doesn't know how to solve, he'll just write you a prescription to get you out of his office. His staff is terrible. Try to find someone better. I am seriously tempted to go to one of the private clinics just to have a competent family dr.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Shyleyko for years. Don't expect to be coddled. Chances are you are seeing him in the first place because you want a prescription / solution for something. Which he does. I trust Dr. Shyleyko, and we have a good laugh once in a while too.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

Staff has improved. I cannot rate his knowledge since I am not an MD and will not pretend to be. Courteous inndividual. Professional. Nothing fancy either, but nothing else expected. Good MD overall.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010