Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Neumann

I came in with a broken rib,tried to explain I couldn't breath lying down. First nurse didn't seem to care. She explained I had to lay down then proceeded to put the cuff on my right arm after trying to explain I couldn't breath without using my right hand(arm)to hold my rib to keep from spasms and no air. Needless to say didn't care and left the room,by the time Dr. Neumann came in I was panicked,the right side of my face was drooping and uncontrollable eye movement,my hands and arms were doing contortions. I couldn't move and was panicked. He finally came in and said until I calmed down he couldn't talk to me-I told him I couldn't breath and something was horribly wrong! He told me again I was starting to hyperventilate and until I calmed down he couldn't talk to me and walked out!! I knew I was dying yes that serious I know I had a mini stroke,scared me but knew I had no help so ripped cuff and finger monitor off held my broken rib and rolled out of that bed. Was ringing wet,but within 2 minutes was breathing. Got to my phone and called my friend to come save my life!! Finally another(way better)nurse came in to her surprise I was standing getting my air and wits about me-had had no pills or shot at this time. Informed me Dr. Neumann had ordered X-ray but would have to lay down-no way can't-she worked with me so I could lay down with pillows under knees and arms on my chest not over my head-then got 2 pills and a shot(before x-ray)had to sit straight up with legs bent and held back with my hand. I told the x-ray people I didn't want Dr.Neumann anywhere near me. Didn't matter-my family arrived and I wouldn't let them leave my side. Dr Neumann came in 30 or so minutes later to inform me I had a broken rib. I'm sure he thought the shot and pills had done a miraculous thing because he wouldn't even listen to me when I told him I hoped he would listen to people next time instead of thinking everybody is just out to get drugs. I would not recommend him to anybody,would have had a better experience with a physicians assistant or a janitor,anything or any one other than Dr. Neumann!! I'll go to Northwest next time I have an emergency! Rhonda Ford 806-681-7510

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr. Stephen R. Neumann's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Amarillo, TX