Ratings for Dr. Richard Ansell

Dr Ansell has been my primary care doctor for over a decade. There simply aren't enough good words to say about him, both as a person and as a Doctor. He is caring and astute. He has a wonderful sense of humor and never makes a person feel like just another body through the turnstile. He pays attention to detail and is up to date in his knowledge of new developments and procedures. He is excellent about guiding you to a specialist, or the appropriate diagnostic procedure. I really hope I die before he retires because I don't know what I'll do without him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I've been with Dr. Ansell since I was 16. I'm now 40...He's wonderful. Helpful and lovely to be with. He will take time with you to talk about whatever you are concerned with. He's got a great sense of humour, so I feel really comfortable talking to him about anything!! Any time I am stressing out over something, he has a way of calming me down. (i.e., when I found out I was pregnant again when my first child was only 3 months old) He really seems engaged in what you are going through...he listens...to me, that is so important

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Best Doctor I've ever had and I'm 71 . My grown sons like him a lot. He is very knowledgeable and takes time to answer and explain. His assistant is excellent, very accommodating and patient. Love his sense of humour. He has a great sense of humor

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Have been with Dr. Ansell for over 10 years. Is also my family doctor for my daughter, and I would not be happy to trust anyone else besides him to doctor my child. Very professional, great bedside manners, and makes me feel very comfortable!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I have used Dr Ansell for 25 years and have nothing but positive comments regarding him personally and his medical abilities. He is always upbeat, treats his patients with respect and will alway provide time to ensure his patients are informed. His diagnoses are accurate, and will never "send you home with an aspirin and come back in two weeks" because he is unsure. He will not shy away from seeking second opinions from specialists. Unfortunately, his secretary doesn't share the same qualities.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I have been lucky enough to have Dr Ansell as my primary care physician for over a decade, and I'm closing in on 70. He is THE BEST GP I have ever encountered in North America! PERIOD!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr Ansell is an incredible doctor. I can not say enough great things about him. He's patient, kind, and listens well. He's knowledgeable and great at explaining anything I need more clarification on. We always get in quickly to see him and he is quick to refer to specialist when appropriate. He's wonderful with my kids. I'm so grateful to have found him as a doctor fur my family.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Ansell has been my GP for as long as I remember, and I've never had any issues with his practice or himself on a personal level.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Have been seeing Dr. Ansell most of my life (20+ years) Enjoyed seeing him and his help but basically hate his new secretary. I left this practice because she was so rude, catty and un-helpful. I told Dr. Ansell how horrible she was to deal with a long time ago (she is relatively new but still) and after our last conversation, I changed doctors. She is that bad. I absolutely do not have to be treated like a stupid piece of dirt by anybody and I just wont take that no thank you! Try telling her she is rude and abrasive and get hung up on. Bad choice Dr. Ansell, you are better than that!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Very thorough, have been seeing him since He took over the practise from Dr. Wasylenko. Not only thorough but patient and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015