Ratings for Dr. Vincenzo Visconti

Dr Visconte is the best most selfless DR I know. I have had him now for 10 years I have multiple issues, that we have and were looking at, now I have to find a stranger to work with, how is that better? Can the Collage of physicians and Surgeons replace 10 years of working together with one Doctor? A stranger who doesn't know me or care about me is all I will get. This is wrong and I as well as many of the other patients will pay for this mistake. This is a salacious, and malicious attack on a great man, who cares about his patients. It took me 26 years to find my doctor, and then work with him for 10 years. it is asinine for Dr Scott Mcleod to say I will get better care elsewhere, his judgment is ignorant of the relationships and views of Dr Viscontes patients.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

I can’t stand doctors or the way they are being taught today so when I say I have a great respect and appreciation for Dr.Visconti it is an earned compliment. He is an old school doctor that still takes the time to listen to his patients, takes a genuine interest in their health and getting to the root of the problem not just the symptoms that most other doctors take out their prescription pads for despite the fact they know that treating anything other than the root cause will not solve a single thing, but it lines their pockets and big Pharma. Dr. Visconti is very careful on what he prescribes and to who I have been witness to it as his patient and have seen a few disgruntled people leave his office that clearly were there pill seeking and he wouldn’t prescribe them. I have also heard him tell patients he can no longer be their doctor because he caught them trying to pull a fast one double doctoring so I know he is careful and stays on top of things. Some of his staff that he has had over the years is not the sharpest and therefore has had a turnover but he believes in giving people a chance and provides work experience; some work out and some don’t due to incompetence or inability to learn his system. I have been a patient for 5 years and have had both home care visits from him and in his office. Had it not been for his home care visits I don’t know what I would have done because my medical conditions prevent me from getting to a doctors office regularly and I would go without the medical council and supervision I require. Dr.Visconti is a very knowledgeable physician who often suggests the simplest solutions and they are not that of taking this pill and that pill like the rest of the medical world today. He is an older , country type doctor which is irreplaceable it is a shame that he is the target of this witch hunt. I have many friends who also see him and not one has a complaint and the talk is pure shock amongst them that they have suspended his licence. These people that claim he is a quack either didn’t get what they were seeking or maybe they just didn’t understand his humour and positive outlook on a situation because he is certainly not a quack he’s gotten to the bottom of my problems when no other doctor in a 30 year period did. I haven’t a clue what I am going to do now that he isn’t practicing because I can’t do the doctors office all the time, I refuse to be a lab rat or a victim of the Medical Mafia who gives me less then 5 minutes of their time, when they were 2 hours late for my appointment , can not communicate and come from the new breed of doctors that are killing and making us sicker because their is no money in healthy people. The College should be ashamed of themselves and as far as fraud I bet you that if you went through other doctors files you could find so called fraud for each of them. The accusations of over prescribing narcotics and benzo’s is rubbish because I have had friends I have sent to him that were already on opioids from their previous doctor and Dr. Visconti was not willing to prescribe it to them and they are thankful because he gave them their life back. He may have a lot of patients on them but he also monitors their use and doesn’t put them on it unless it is to give them some quality of life . The rest of the doctors think antidepressants are the answer and with every one of those you take it changes your natural chemistry, in cases of pain many times it’s an epic fail but the more you try to tell a physician that the more they think you are just pill seeking or that you have a chemical imbalance so they play around with meds using you as a lab rat and messing up your chemical makeup and give you new problems caused by those pills. People shouldn’t have to live in pain they should be entitled to a quality of life. The corrupt one is the College, time after time they shut down the good physicians. This time they left 3500 patients hanging and scrambling to get medical attention, their medications and for many the medication is life saving such as heart meds, diabetes and more. So who is in the wrong a doctor who cares and is devoured to helping his patients or a College willing to risk the lives of many by pulling the rug out from under the doctor? Disgusting! Give the power back to the doctors that treat us and stay out of our medical records. We have a right to choose and I choose Visconti or nothing

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

All I can say is not only is this quack being investigated by his College, but now they have completely put a ban on his prescribing opiods. He was shelling out Cotridin like it was soda pop.......so finally his practise has been stopped....talk about contributing to addicts...

Submitted April 21, 2018

Dr.V has been treating my family for years and been instrumental in allowing me to have a quality of life despite my disability.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I certainly hope that the college is reading these statements. My experiences with Dr. Visconti have always been very positive. He is caring, compassionate, and an amazing diagnostician. He even made a home visit when I was unable to go in. Through a diagnosis of his, my son was able to avoid an ruptured appendix, something other doctors the same day missed. That is fact when we started seeing him regularly. He has always sent us for necessary tests, and having prescriptions refilled is usually quick. Unfortunately due to restrictions he cannot put refills on the prescription, which causes more visits, and costs AHS more money. I am totally convinced that most of his problems have to do with his very incompetent staff. They put the phone on hold, so they can talk to their friends, don't file properly, and are rude. I miss Brian, who was there for several years. I wish Dr. Visconti the best, and hope he will get his licence back in short order.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

He is Very knowledgeable. Kind. Compassionate. Takes time to see his patients. Detailed oriented. Very empathetic. Gets a person checked in detail. Through ultra sound . Xrsys and other necessary tests. MAY GOD BLESS HIM.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr. Visconti is an amazing Dr. He has been there for me for the past 14 years. Seen me thru my ups and downs. He has helped not only me but my family so much thru out the years and we appreciate him tremendously. Dr viscinti is the one who told my husband and I that we were pregnant..... Both times . and both times he was so happy for us☺ thank you Dr. V

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Great Dr. Very helpful and knowledgeable but very busy as well. I wonder why he is so busy if he's that bad. Good luck with the politics.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Compassionate, caring and extremely competent. Brilliant diagnostician - seems to get it right within seconds. His office has a lived in look because it is always full leaving little time for frills. He never turns anyone away.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Dr. Visconti has been an amazing compassionate doctor who always put his patients first. He saved my father’s life. He cared for my aging mother with advice and support when she developed diabetes. I can’t help but feel that the charges against him are based on innuendo and politics. How can the college ban him when “patients are in no immediate danger”? And focusing on events that happened 13 years ago makes no sense. I hope he is fully reinstated and can resume doing what he has done for the last 30 years- care for people!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr. Vincenzo Visconti's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Top Hospitals in Sherwood Park, AB