Dr. Vince Visconti

Ratings for Dr. Vince Visconti

for every doctor who is guilty of over prescribing there are ten who are guilty of under prescribing, its nice to fid a doctor who dosent think that if a patient says he is i pain that he is noy lying or what do they call it drug seeking! what a joke

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr. Visconti has treated me well and I will continue to see him. I don't care what people think they see or their opinions of him. If you don't like him stop clogging the waiting rooms. This man cares and it shows.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Please give me a break! It is clear that the people that criticize Dr V. are driven by vengeance! He is the owner of the clinic, he works very hard, makes house calls and he does not owe anyone an explanation as to why he is delayed! This is defamation of character! You go there for his medical advise and considering the number of patients he sees, one may find it a mess at times. The clinic is like a mini emergency centre. It is not a beauty parlour! The patients are filthy, disrespectful and have no concept of how knowledgeable DrV. is. Little knowledge is harmful so think about it and don't be too quick to judge him. For the record his licence was expired for one month in 2012 in all the years he has worked. He has worked long hours for yes and his dedication to his patients is remarkable. Get your facts right! If you don't like his clinic, go somewhere else. People with small minds and with too much time on their hands complain. "Empty vessels make the most sound" Have some respect. He is an excellent Dr with compassion. Enough of this nonsense.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Please please to the patients who read these reviews, listen! If there is a good review it's because they're a question free patient causing no problems for the doctor and getting their meds filled. I have been going here for years and years. I've spent countless hours in the waiting room listening and watching. I've seen everything! The Dr has favourites no doubt. He is conducting himself in an illegal manner in a variety of ways - illegal prescription practices, confidentiality breaches, puts false statements in your file if you're a "problem patient" he labels you as narcotic dependent to protect himself, refusal to properly treat patients (malpractices), unsanitary conditions, false and incorrect billing to AHC. He lies to his patients about being unalble to fill a prescription to cover your 14 day vacation because he claims the College won't allow him! That's BS. He keeps your prescription quantity low so that you have to come back frequently for refills so that he can bill Health Care for more visits. He definitely comes in late more often than not and sometimes on a Sunday he's not showed up at all! He's given a variety of excuses - he was driving his daughter's car and she hadn't turned her clock back yet ....to having another flat tire. This doctor does hire incompetent staff and then yells at them when they don't do exactly as he wants, slamming doors in anger. Trust me I've seen it all over the years. He has told patients to never come back if they were challenging him. He has severe mood swings and is unsanitary in every sense of the word. His hair is disgusting greasy, he's NEVER EVER washed his hands between patients, NEVER wears gloves and has even entered a room while stuffing MacDonalds french fries in his mouth. It took me years to realize he is no longer the Dr he once was. In fact, I think it's dangerous and reckless going to this clinic! People comment about the waiting room being disgusting, but those are the things you see! What about the things you don't?!! The tables in the rooms don't have a fresh roll of tissue pulled down between patients! His tools that he puts in your mouth and ears - who sanitizes those?!! Yes it's true, the computer screen OFTEN has other patients info on it. There is no confidentiality in that clinic whatsoever. However, if you have a test done the norm is to call the patient if there is something wrong (no news is good news) but not in this clinic!! In order to pump up the billing, you HAVE to go back to the Dr for your results whether good or bad! It's a complete waste of time but it's a good money maker for them. Also, if you think you need a referral to a specialist, he intervenes. And if you do see another Dr (no matter the reason) he will tell you not to come back and then put in you're chart ANOTHER false statement that you're double doctoring. He has been unbelievably mean to some patients and extremely kind to others who bring him baked goods or coffee. Everything I've read in the bad reviews are true!! His waiting room is getting emptier and emptier for a reason. People are beginning to see he is a clown and are going elsewhere. I've seen it all.... He has been investigated more times than I can count, he's been suspended from practicing medicine more than once, what more do you need?!! So if this doesn't alarm you? ......

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Worse place EVER!!! It's beyond disgusting and dirty. I'm sure if you aren't sick before going there, you will be once you leave. Completely unsanitary. Your information is not private - the previous patients info was still up on the computer - not locked in the waiting room we were placed in having total disregards for patient-doctor confidentiality. I saw her name, age, address, phone number, billing info and if I had wanted to I could've clicked and looked at her medical history. The exam table was disgusting and I was afraid to have my daughter sit on it. I would've walked right out but I just needed to get a requisition for an X-Ray and this place was the only one open. Thank goodness we didn't have to wait as they were closing in 10 minutes. The guy working behind the counter was extremely rude and he never even asked to see our Alberta Health Care card. Will NEVER go back no matter what. They should be shut down just on cleanliness alone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

This man needs to have his medical license taken away for good. He has over prescribed a family member for years and t his family member is now a prescription drug addict - yes it is his fault. She called his office and he fills the Rx and brings them to her at home. Along with being able to walk into his disgusting clinic and ask for whatever you want. Pathetic. please do not go to this Dr as he is dangerous and had no regard for your health. Blows my mind how people say he good. Please i beg take you family members elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I went for a prescription for an antiobiotic I needed when I couldn't get in to my regular family doctor. I found the front desk gal friendly and helpful. When it looked like it was going to be a long wait, she said I could leave and come back later. Which I did. Sure, the office is old and could use a paint job, but...so what?? I found Dr. V was easy to talk to, wrote me the prescription without giving me a hassle (I've had doctors at other walk ins actually insist on my trying something different, when Iin fact, this one antibiotic is the ONLY one that works for me. Now THAT'S something to complain about. Having doctor refuse to presribe and antibiotic that works on your condition and then tell you to come back if the one he IS writing doesn't work. Which it didn't and of course by then I could get into my family doctor). I think Dr. V. is a busy doctor running a clinic on his own, and has a huge amount of patients walking in every day. He's handling it well, regardless of how old his waiting room is, etc. I don't know what the deal is with him coming in so late, apparently regularly.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Terrifying clinic with a child as the receptionist. I dont know how this guy is allowed to practice medicine. At all costs avoid this place. I only went here once because it was the only clinic in Sherwood Park open besides the walk in hospital. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FILTHY AND INCOMPETENT PLACE WITH A QUACK DOCTOR.

Submitted March 6, 2016

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr. Vince Visconti's Credentials

HealthPartners

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "for every doctor who is guilty of over prescribing there are ten who are guilty of under prescribing, its nice to fid a doctor who dosent think that if a patie..."

May 28, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Visconti has treated me well and I will continue to see him. I don't care what people think they see or their opinions of him. If you don't like him stop ..."

May 23, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Please give me a break! It is clear that the people that criticize Dr V. are driven by vengeance! He is the owner of the clinic, he works very hard, makes hous..."

May 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Please please to the patients who read these reviews, listen! If there is a good review it's because they're a question free patient causing no problems for th..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worse place EVER!!! It's beyond disgusting and dirty. I'm sure if you aren't sick before going there, you will be once you leave. Completely unsanitary. Your in..."

May 14, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This man needs to have his medical license taken away for good. He has over prescribed a family member for years and t his family member is now a prescription ..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I went for a prescription for an antiobiotic I needed when I couldn't get in to my regular family doctor. I found the front desk gal friendly and helpful. Wh..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I find the doctor really trustworthy. The kid that works there is very good at managing the patients."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrifying clinic with a child as the receptionist. I dont know how this guy is allowed to practice medicine. At all costs avoid this place. I only went here on..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "http://www.cpsa.ab.ca/Libraries/Pro_Complaints_Disc/008463-000011970402-1.pdf How is he still allowed to practise Medicine?"

February 21, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful person and doctor truly cares. Our whole family has been seeing him for over 25years , my parents maybe longer. if there is long wait times it is beca..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible Doctor, I think the fact this guy got him medical license revoked numerous times speaks volumes to the fact you should never go to this quack. This qua..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "pleas is dirty needs a make up. It is accesible and he is knowledgable. Thtre are some horror stories i I do beleive them but for the quantity of parients he se..."

November 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to this clinic for a few months for my medications. I like dr.v but find that he is always late, and not as kind to some patients than others...."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He checked my Ingrown Toenail Located On My Right Foot"

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A fine doctor and so good with people. Has taken care of my family for years"

October 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "For all the people on here who consider dr Vince a great dr please give your head a shake and listen up. The clinic is filthy dirty, the staff is uneducated, n..."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "His facilities are dirty and needs some updating along with his files. His staff was exceptionally rude to patients. Dr Visconti although knowledgeable was an h..."

October 4, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Im my opinion..THIS DOCTOR SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!. Do your research on this guy,it only takes a minute and you will go the other way. Have spoken to ot..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to him with pneumonia....he diagnosed me with anxiety attack and sent me home. I almost died, Three dr's later and many more powerful antibiotics I was o..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "People really need to both,grow-up,and to see the forest for the tree's. Now,I have been a patient of Dr.Visconti's for well over Three Decades. Ever since I wa..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Visconti has been our family doctor for 30 years. He is helpful, quick and knowledgable. I wouldn't go anywhere else."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Vince Visconti has seen members of our family for the past 20 years. I agree with the previous comments that his office decor and cleanliness leave much to..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Very busy clinic! I don't trust any Dr.'s opinions except Dr. V! He has my undying devotion since he was the Only dr. out of 5 I saw in the same week that had..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Very nice and helpful. Takes his time with his patients."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Wow, reading the posts reminded me of my experience. The reason patients that come in first with legit health concerns have to wait is because Visconti wants to..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Visconti has been my family doctor since I was 3 yrs old. He always cared for my health in ways other doctors dismissed, which cacti ally saved my life! ..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "My grandfather had been seeing dr V for a long time, but as he got older (he's 80) I started to go with him to his appointments. The office is dirty, smells, an..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Visconti two times. He is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. The first trip I was in town from BC and had a sore throat. After looking in my no..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. V since I was a small child. As a child, I of course had no opinion on him, but now that I'm in my 20's I can say he is a very caring, genu..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very filthy place. Smells like an ash can. Very long wait. Others who came in behind me went ahead. Very unprofessional. Expects you to go to a pharmacy in Ed..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr V for many years. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and caring. Sure he may not have the best staff or the most up to date facilities b..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to Visconti ever since I was a little girl, I have a daughter now and I will be taking her there aswell. Obviously not for big things as it is a..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Looking for a new Dr for my son and ended up in Dr. V's clinic. Place looked old, chairs were rocking. We had an appointment for 5:30 but ended up waiting for ..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr V. Has been my doctor for 7 years he is a brilliant Dr. and gets things done fast. and i am proof of this. i don't think he has much time for slackers. so ..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Awful place. Very unprofessional and I will never return."

January 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Visconti is a great doctor, very helpful and precise. I unfortunately agree with the other comments that the clinic organization is poor and the front desk s..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr visconti is good, but as per the below comments, the staff is very unprofessional and the clinic is disturbingly filthy and run down. Feels like a black mark..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The doctor himself is great but his staff is a comedy show. It's like Dumb & Dumber at the front desk. They called out names of people that weren't even there. ..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has no knowledge what so ever! He is a retarded and money hungry doctor! I went in the other day to get my acne fixed but the meds he prescribe was ..."

October 19, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Went to this disturbing filthy place yesterday. Called to make and appointment and women on the phone was extremely rood. When I walked in there was spills all ..."

September 30, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible clinic! Facility is in disrepair, chairs are old and uncomfortable, walls need painting. The whole place feels run down and disorganized. Even worse i..."

September 25, 2014