You may also like

Rate Dr. Vince Visconti

Dr. Vince Visconti's Ratings

Dr Visconti has been our family doctor for 30 years. He is helpful, quick and knowledgable. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

Dr. Vince Visconti has seen members of our family for the past 20 years. I agree with the previous comments that his office decor and cleanliness leave much to be desired. However, he correctly diagnosed an infection my children as hand, foot and mouth disease. He has set broken bones, given injections, runs tests for various problems and is a great option for a second opinion. I think patients need to scale back their expectations when going to a walk-in clinic. My guess is that Dr. Visconti has seen over 80% of Sherwood Park households at one time or another! My overall comment is... He gets the job done and usually within one day.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2867799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Very busy clinic! I don't trust any Dr.'s opinions except Dr. V! He has my undying devotion since he was the Only dr. out of 5 I saw in the same week that had an idea of what my impending diagnosis would be....got me in touch with elite specialists and MRI appointment all in the following week. Diagnosed with MS....15 years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Very nice and helpful. Takes his time with his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2820138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Wow, reading the posts reminded me of my experience. The reason patients that come in first with legit health concerns have to wait is because Visconti wants to get his triplicate patients out of the way. When I was there I waited 5 hours and was first. I needed a prescription filled and my doc was overseas so I complained. It was filthy and I argued with Visconti that the office is poorly run and managed. When he came into my room he had printed off my list of scripts I had be given over a number of years. He literally thru them at me and demanded I leave his office as I was double doctoring. I had become his 2nd last patient of the dY and I was relieved. The college of physician and surgeons are nothing more then a joke. They are fully aware of Dr. Visconti's practice as well as other doctors who are well known for over prescribing. One just has to sit outside while waiting for your appointment with Visconti and patients freely talk about selling their scripts or how easy it is to get whatever they need to get high but the one time I was there I think I was the only one who legitimately needed a refill. We should all be concerned about what the college of physicians is really doing with our personal information and why those who really need help cannot get treatment and those who don't get anything they ask for. When my family doctor came back and called me into his office he told me that Visconti had reported me and stated I was standing in his office screaming for pain pills and he had to throw me out. He also reported my doctor and had him investigated for the amount of medication I was receiving. Thankfully because I only needed a refill for an anti anxiety medication it made no sense that I would be demanding anything. Unfortunately to this day that complaint follows me as I know longer have a family doctor. I have so much hostility towards the health care system because of what I have been thru but one thing I truly learned when going to a doctor is to lie, lie lie. Again the college of p & s is useless and I requested that Visconti s lie be expunged and I just can't get away from what happened. Chances are if this doctor has a five rating it's because the patient has all the meds he or she could possibly want. It was a horrible experience and certainly stripped away my faith in Alberta health care. We live in scary times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Doctor Visconti has been my family doctor since I was 3 yrs old. He always cared for my health in ways other doctors dismissed, which cacti ally saved my life! He always had the tests I needed booked and scheduled and never made me feel uncomfortable. This is why his doctors office is so busy, cause he takes his time and hears out every patients needs and requirements, and doesn't make people feel like a Hypochondriac People do get impatient but forget he is the main doctor in the clinic. I am very thankful for the services Dr. Visconti provides and wouldn't see any other doctor..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2792142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

My grandfather had been seeing dr V for a long time, but as he got older (he's 80) I started to go with him to his appointments. The office is dirty, smells, and is very run down. Hour is a pill pusher who doesn't listen to patients and is always in a rush. When I got my grandfather a new dr I found out that the meds dr V was prescribing never should have been taken together and where doing massive damage to his stomach and kidneys. I will never let anyone I know go there, it's no wonder he has had suspensions from the College of physicians.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2779401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I have seen Dr. Visconti two times. He is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. The first trip I was in town from BC and had a sore throat. After looking in my nose and mouth he offered me an oral mouth wash that numbs your throat. I accepted the prescription and after returning to my home in Kamloops couldn't sleep due to sore throat and stomach ache. The Dr. in Kamloops told me I had a very bad ear infection and prescribed an Anti-biotic which cured my ailment. It was at that point I realized Dr. Visconti hadn’t look in my ears. On the second trip I had injured my rib. I requested an anti-inflammatory but all he offered me was a prescription for 222's. I advised him that I could take Tylenol for the pain and wanted something that would address the source of the pain. He actually opened his door and as he continued to speak with me walked out into his lobby. Even after I told him to forget the prescription for 222;'s he wrote it anyways and was speaking to me about my condition in front of the patients in the lobby. I made an appointment with Dr. Chris Gregson my old physician and he offered me a prescription for an Anti-Inflammatory with a built in pain killer without any prompting from myself. Dr. Gregson is really hard to see as he is so busy due to his knowledge. Dr. Visconti has to take walk ins I suspect due to his poor performance. If you have anything seriously wrong with you I would stay away from this Dr. as he doesn't seem to know even the basics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. V since I was a small child. As a child, I of course had no opinion on him, but now that I'm in my 20's I can say he is a very caring, genuine, and smart man. He has a very calm demeanor that puts someone like me, with social anxiety, at ease. I've seen him many times for many reasons and he's always done right by me and diagnosed me properly, as the rest of my family. He also takes great care of my grandparents. Even making house calls on a whim for issues not necessarily of dire need. He cares about the people that care for him. I do agree that his office is a mess, though. His staff are incompetent. And wait times can be ridiculous. He's definitely worth a try, though!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Very filthy place. Smells like an ash can. Very long wait. Others who came in behind me went ahead. Very unprofessional. Expects you to go to a pharmacy in Edmonton, but will make an exception.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2748620].votes_count ]]