Ratings for Dr. Fidelia Silva

By far the worst doctor I’ve seen, as soon as I got in the room for my appointment she was already getting ready to open the door so I could leave, she was rude, and ignored everything I was telling her including the questions I wanted to ask. Never going to see her again and I do not recommend anyone to go see her!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I can't say enough good about her! She has helped me through my illness and always been devoted to my global health.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr Silva’s for a few years and she often dismisses concerns that I have that have later been confirmed by other specialists I have. She did a colonoscopy on me and the scope would not fit through a portion of my colon. When I questioned her about it after the test she said there was nothing to worry about. I ended up in the hospital not long after. That area was so swollen that nothing could pass through it. I have asked my family physician to refer me to another gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

Came to our aid when we needed it most. This is a doctor that has caring and empathy for her patients. She is so helpful and understanding, more so than many other doctors we have ever encountered. We very much appreciated dealing with Francine in Dre Silva’s office.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

I was sent to this surgeon for a colonoscopy, and all went well. I was nervous, but she makes you feel at ease. I will certainly go back to her, no problem.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2018

I first met Dr. Silva when she was assigned to do my husband's colonoscopy for a tumor found on his colon following a CT scan. Her understanding, empathy, competence, knowledge, compassion, and words of encouragement to remain strong when dealing with his upcoming battle with cancer where more than I have even seen in someone outside of my family doctor. I recently saw her for my medical concerns and I voluntarily told her my husband was doing ok and was in the car waiting for me. She asked if he would mind if she came to the car to say hi. I said he would be happy to say hi. She came to our car just to wish him well with his continued battle with cancer. My husband and I were so overwhelmed with her compassion that warmth filled our hearts. To have a doctor that is so knowledgeable, skilled and compassionate at the same time is hard to find. I would recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Dr Silva performed a gastroscope and it went as smooth as possible. She and her staff were kind, patient and supportive. Thank you .

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018

J'ai été diagnostiqué avec la maladie de crohn depuis une dizaine d'année. Je suis très satisfaite du Dre. Silva qui sait non seulement écouter, mais aussi conseiller. Elle est ouverte à répondre à mes questions et ne prend pas des décisions à la légère quant à mon état de santé. De plus, sa secrétaire est extraordinaire, et l’infirmière qu'elle vient d'embaucher est géniale. Josée

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

I've read the negative comments on Dr. Silva and I'm not sure where they originate from; stupidity or competition ... but I do know this; Dr. Silva is nothing like the negative comments I've read. My name is Dan Lirette and I literally just got back from having a scope done. Dr. Silva was nothing but amazing! Her personality, demeanor, politeness and especially her medical expertise were far beyond my expectations. The staff also speak very highly of her. She began by asking many questions to learn a bit more about the discomfort and pain taking place in my stomach. She then did the scope - which I opted to have without medication. She was professional, courteous and didn't chide me when I gagged a few times... which makes it more difficult for them when a scope is in and a patient is gagging. She was nothing but fantastic! She's asked to see me again in a few months' time to look at the progress via another scope. I have zero reservations about seeing Dr. Silva again. Why? Because this woman knows exactly what she's doing and she also shows that she's genuinely caring. Thank you, Dr. Silva!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I have been hospitalized in Montreal in 2011 for a major flare up of my ulcerative colitis. I had a wonderful GI there. When I moved back to Moncton, I was refered to Dr Sylva. She did not want to listen to my story. She shrugged when I told her the name of my GI in Montreal and suggested she had my file transfered to her. She’s been so condescending and rude with me everytime I saw her that I stoped showing up to my appointments to my health’s detriment. She makes me anxious and anxiety is major flare up trigger. I feel like the verry idea of having to see her, triggers symptoms. She also told me that my diet had absolutely no incidence on my disease and got me so confused cause all the litterature I had ever read on my disease told otherwise. She hot mad at me every time I tried to bring up my diet and my desire to see a dietician. I ended up spending hundreds of dollars on a naturopath who DID do the work, who had ampathy, who made some intolerance tests and guided me on a diet that would be less likely to irritate my guts.

Submitted March 22, 2018