Ratings for Dr. Jeffery Schau

I have never had a dentist that I liked as much as Dr Schau. He has always been kind, courteous, prompt, and very attentive to my needs. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I have nothing but nice things to say about Dr Schau. He doesn't push unnecessary procedures or treatments, he is respectful and accepting of holistic. Techniques regarding healing teeth, and offers tons of information and helpful research he's done. He's kind and punctual, and great with kids. I recommend him to everyone, and I have a hard time believing the negative reviews left on this page. We haven't experienced anything like what's been described.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

Very pushy for expensive treatments that may or may not be needed, also felt talked down to because I brought up concerns from his treatment plan after researching them on the internet. Went to another dentist and had the work done for half what original treatment plan was, and am very satisfied, would not recommend or at least get a second opinion

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I can highly recommend Dr. Schau. Dr. Schau gave me as much information as I asked for so I could make my own decisions regarding my health. Dr. Schau is well informed on many current issues in dental health and willing to look into and research new developments important to his patients. I would recommend Dr. Schau to any new patients looking for a dentist who puts in the effort to be well informed on dental issues and helps his clients to be as well.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

When our dentist retired and Schau took over, we stayed for over two years. But every time I left, I felt like I had been locked in the sales managers office for a week. Probably fine if you have a great insurance policy, but it is definitely cadilac care with heavy selling of every bell and whistle.This was of three dentists we have had in the last 30 years. It is the only one we have ever had this reaction to. We have moved on.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

not very satisfied. feel spokn down to and he tries to push his products such as "invisalign" . tries hard to make make an extra buck selling unnecessary things. I miss the dentist he took over from.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I'm a new patient and I couldn't be more satisfied with his service. Very nice doctor, gentle with his tools, took his time to explain everything to me. His staff are very nice and helpful, they made sure I feel comfortable since they know I haven't gone to a dentist for a long time. His office is really nice. They have a tv on the ceiling which helps you relax while he's working on your teeth. And he doesn't pressure with offering other unnecessary service!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

As a new patient to Dr. Schau (and ironically just got a link to the ratemds.com site!), I have to say that I've been very pleased with his service thus far. Almost immediately I found myself at home in the comfy old chairs that adorn the reception area, found the staff friendly, and always come across patients waiting or leaving that seem unusually happy to be at the dentist. Come to think of it, last time a fellow showed up a 1/2 hour early, just because. While I had a slight delay, due to an understandable treatment that preceeded me, they handed me the tv remote and left me to vegetate. Dr. Schau is easy to talk to, explains everything in length (which is much appreciated), responds personally to emails, and thankfully, has a sense of humor. Having made the switch between dentists, I have to say that I'm already recommending him to others. Can't wait to see how the ortho. goes, though I'm hoping to avoid ever having a filling performed, only b/c I don't want any more cavities!! :)

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Schau is not only very knowledgable in his field, but a kind, caring and genuine person. He is very easy to talk to and explains in detail the proceedure he is about to perform. He is extremely reasonable with his prices and does not overcharge. I have never had to wait long and find his staff extremely efficient and helpful. His staff is also very easy to talk to and have a way of making you feel very comfortable. No complaints other than the fact that there should be more like him and his staff. From a very satified patient.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

A great dentist, he has recently taken over from my previous dentist who retired, my 5 year old son had a filling done by Dr. Schau and fell asleep, so I know he must be good, my son also did not complain of any discomfort after the freezing came out. I am really happy he is now our dentist.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2007