Ratings for Dr. Janet Vickers

I have been a patient my whole life 19 years for that entire span i have always waited an average of over 45 mins past my appointed time and i also agree with another poster that after she had gone through some personal struggles of her own she came out the other side seemingly as cold as ice with a fake smile and a pat on the back she continually has dissmissed my issues and not really done much in general tbh

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

For the complainers here - you do realize you are speaking about a GP not a spa appt - if you were ever truly ill dr vickers will take the time with you and go above and beyond - including personal phone call at home - yes I have waited but I have also been a reason u all may have waited an hour or more on a few occasions. I go to the doctor when I am sick and I get the help. Dr vickers realizes she is a GP with a broad spectrum of knowledge so does not know everything so she needs to refer and consult that is good thing No God complex. I trust my life and my families life with her hands down. I left credit valley and Mississauga long ago but kept her and will be her patient as long as possible

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr Vickers is excellent. Very knowledgeable and will take the time each visit to talk through any concerns thoroughly.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

she just doesn't care anymore. I don't know if it's because the office is busy but I sit there and see the other doctors patients go in and out relatively on time but her patients just sit.and.wait. Then when you do get in she repeats your whole history and glosses over the actual reason for your visit. If it wasn't so darn hard to get a doctor in mississauga we would all leave. and booking an appointment - unless you are prepared to wait weeks forget it. You get treated like your call is an imposition to the staff.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

never ceases to amaze me. She truly reads each and every report and lab from specialists and speaks to you about them. I never wait long and the one time I did, their was a very ill patient she needed to tend too - I respect the fact that she does not have a God complex. She knows her realm of expertise and never hesitates to say "I don't know". She will send to specialists and advocate to get in sooner rather than later. I highly respect Dr Vickers and she is what a true GP is meant to be. Not just an Ohip biller.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Have been using Dr. Vickers for many years. Good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Vickers was very attentive and helpful for me and my family. She was patient and understanding and is always in a great mood - i love going to see her.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

have been patient for many years.. always kind and caring.. and I've been thru a lot.. couldn't imagine not having Dr Vickers there to help.. I drive an hour to get to her cuz she is worth it

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I agree with all other comments. I had been a patient of Dr. Vickers for 10 years. When I got married, I went to her for a totally normal form of birth control which Dr. Vickers flatly refused to provide me with since I had not yet had a child. I was so shocked that she refused, that I absolutely will never be going back.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have no faith in Dr. Vickers. I feel that if EVER I was diagnosed with something serious, I feel that I would not be in the best care . She dismisses me, my concerns and those of my family....except my husband. Weird. If any of you were patients of her predecessor, Dr. Austin, you would agree that SHE was the best doctor...caring, compassionate, and totally trustworthy. She never left you doubting that you were in the best care. Dr. Vickers should have learned from her!!! I thought that after going through her own challenges, she would come out a better doctor. Not the case. It's time to look for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015