Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Hay

Dr. Hay provided was able to preserve my father's eyesight until he recently passed away. The staff were always kind and considerate to him. She provides service to a great many patients who would otherwise have to travel to other regions. Dr. Hay is well worth the wait.....

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

After working in big hospitals, I know what a well oiled machine ticks like. For those people who complain about the wait, you are being ridiculous. If you haven't noticed, there is a huge aging population here and many eye conditions that accompany that demographic. Why so long, one diagnostic machine after another to give the patient a full and complete examination. Try getting one MRI to diagnose nerve damage in your back! You'll be lucky to get an X-Ray. Walkers, canes and limited walking ability slow up the process as well. That assistant following the doctor around, that some complain about, is there to capture the total of the results for the doctor and type out the diagnosis, etc...so it can get our of the office in good time and in your doctor's office. This is not a helter skelter, hodge podge of shuffling people back and forth, it's a system that gets you through as many diagnostic tools in the shortest amount of time. And if any doctor doesn't answer your questions...advocate for yourself and make them. They also tell you it will be at least two hours and if you are later in the day, any doctors office gets behind a bit by bit. It's your luck in the lottery. And if any of you think your eyesight is worth a little time, I would have loved to have you talk to my mother, who went blind for lack of diagnostic imaging, etc. I bet she would have sat there for days, if losing her sight could have been avoided.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

The wait times to see her is ridiculous. We always had a minimum 3 hour wait to finally see the doctor. Books way too many patients in to make more money. Parking is the worst. The final straw was waiting for 3 hours when it was snowing when we had a month old baby with us and still hadn't seen the doctor. Due to the fact that she books way too many patients, we literally risked our life to drive back home 2 hours in a snow storm. Never went back.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I was a patient two years ago. Had to wait hours and go through three visits each one involving dozens of picture taking. Every patient I talked to was there for Intra-vitreal Injection. Before actually meeting Dr. Hay, her staff told me that I will be given Intra-vitreal Injection. When I finally saw Dr. Hay, she pronounced that I have Macular Deterioration an IVI is needed. I was summarily dismissed when I asked for additional clarification. I refused the treatment. My condition is an old one. I have had it looked at in Bergen, Norway and Punta del Este, Uruguay, The diagnosis was some kind of a tear that can only be corrected by a very advanced and delicate surgery - expensive and risky. So all I do is have it checked every year and hope that it does not get worse. It has not for the past ten years. No drops, no invasive procedure. After refusing Dr. Hays' treatment I went to another Opthalmologist in Nanaimo. After one appointment, about half a dozen pictures and actual eye exam I was told that NO. I DO NOT HAVE MACULAR DETERIORATION. No drops, no Injections required. But I do need to follow it up. A question to Dr. Hay's current Patients. How many of you are Intravitreal Injectees ?

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I am so happy to have Dr, Hay as my Dr. she is an expert in her field and so caring and positive. just makes me feel safe. the staff are awesome.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr Hay does not seem to welcome questions or advocates accompanying patients. My treatment for my conditions has been problematic, to say the least. I am dismayed at the lack of communication with the patient.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

She is not just good but very generous helping my mother who do not have health care ..

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Hay is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. However, her clinic is way too busy. She needs to send her staff members to time management courses. But, the staff are friendly and they try. Dr. Hay is also a specialist in diabetic eye treatments, so I would guess that many people can still see today after receiving her help.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Staff is great and Dr hay is fine but be prepared for a long wait. tests one quickly but 2 hour wait to see Dr is disrespectful to patients.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Hay for almost 3 years. Her staff are great and so is she. I love her!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016