You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Hay

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

found whole experience insulting. Just pushed through tests, no explanation. She had a nurse tailing on her heels, not sure if she was taking notes? I think worse of all was every visit was treated like first! Just seemed like she was paying for new office. Felt uncomfortable form start to end.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Great staff, great care!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Very competent Dr and staff. The appointment time is 2 hours. I am usually finished before the 2 hours. When i was first referred, I was seen 45 minutes latter. Because i was seen almost immediately, another patient was probably late. That is why I never complain about a few minutes. It's better to have good vision than to be on time.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Well equipped clinic. Pleasant competent staff. Very skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

The staff is friendly and quite competent. I received what little information about my condition from the staff as Dr Hay was much to busy to discuss my condition or even make a recommendation to me. Questions about my condition and treatment were vaguely answered, she didn't like me to write anything down and she even stated to me that "it's a long process we don't want to give out too much information at once" and I overhear her saying "poor soul" to another patient who was asking the staff questions about his condition. No treatment plan was discussed with me. I asked to transfer to another doctor which stopped her from doing the treatment scheduled for that day stating another doctor might not think it is necessary. I went to a new doctor who spent 20 minutes clearly explaining my condition, the treatment plan and also recommended a plan to get to what is contributing to the condition. The difference is like day and night. And instead of the usual 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hour wait at Dr Hay's I was in and out in a 1/2 hour appointment (including treatment). Perhaps Dr Hay should think more about her patients care and treatment than about the all mighty dollar! I have to pay for my treatment but my eyes are worth every penny of the care I am now getting!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr. Hay is an amazing lady. She is highly respected by surgeons and colleagues in Canada! The complaints of waits in her off ice are silly as after having 8 eye surgeries, I at least recognize that eye appointments cannot happen immediately. Congratulations to Dr. Hay and her staff for all the work they do. Dr. Hay has a direct link to Drs. Mayberly and Mah in Vancouver and they too are simply amazing and perform many near miracle operations

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Unless you get in early, expect long waits. Hay's expertise is top notch, unfortunately she underestimates the intelligence of her patients. Often talks to her technicians as if the patient isn't in the room.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Elizabeth Hay's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hay gave me the exact perfect prescription to cure my diplopia,I no longer wear prism lenses!"

April 18, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "found whole experience insulting. Just pushed through tests, no explanation. She had a nurse tailing on her heels, not sure if she was taking notes? I think wor..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great staff, great care! "

March 23, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very competent Dr and staff. The appointment time is 2 hours. I am usually finished before the 2 hours. When i was first referred, I was seen 45 minutes latter...."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Well equipped clinic. Pleasant competent staff. Very skilled doctor."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The staff is friendly and quite competent. I received what little information about my condition from the staff as Dr Hay was much to busy to discuss my condit..."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Friendly professional staff and Dr. Hay is great in the whole process of diagnosing and explaining your situation"

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hay is an amazing lady. She is highly respected by surgeons and colleagues in Canada! The complaints of waits in her off ice are silly as after having 8 eye..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Unless you get in early, expect long waits. Hay's expertise is top notch, unfortunately she underestimates the intelligence of her patients. Often talks to her ..."

June 8, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 3Z6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1650 Terminal Avenue North". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507533343".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hay is very rude and has very poor educate for a doctor. We need more doctors to have alternate places to go to."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "High strung and rude. Definitely no bedside manner. Would never return."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen her for 12 years and have only praise for this woman and her staff. When I began this eye journey there were two choices - Vancouver or Victoria. ..."

January 13, 2015