Ratings for Dr. Russell Mosewich

great doctor straight to the point no bull s*it Also great staff

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

For the last 8 months have been experiencing tremors/shaking on the inside which is not noticeable from the outside, unless I’ve done some activity like sweeping the floor and then I shake a bit more and it shows a little on the outside. That’s only one part of what I’ve been going through. After his assistant did the nerve testing on mostly the right side of my body, he came in and said there was no nerve damage. Didn’t complete the EMG testing at all. Even though while his assistant was testing and I was laying there, my body was not at rest. She could physically see my left leg was shaking. Its the same skepticism you get when doctors can’t explain what’s wrong, so instead of sounding like they don’t know, Dr. Mosewich used the COIN PHRASES I’ve heard from a lot of doctors, especially when they see a person who isn’t a size 6 and just want to get you out of their office. Just diet and exercise or the other one you hear is you have anxiety and depression. Did they ask me about my diet and exercise, NO. I’ve lost 40 pounds and I eat healthy when I’m in my own environment. No wonder people have anxiety and depression, doctors keep telling patients they have it. Guess he had somewhere to get to, because he kept checking the time like he had somewhere to go, which he did. As soon as I left the office, I saw him leave his building on his way to somewhere. Maybe that’s why he didn’t want to finish the testing. His time was more valuable to him than mine. Guess driving 6 hours round trip doesn’t mean anything to him. Just money to him.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I first met Dr Mosewich at an emergency referral appt at the end of January as I was experiencing great numbness in my legs and pressure in my back. After my examination he was unable to offer me a confirmed diagnosis. While I was frustrated because my condition had been steadily deteriorating, I appreciated his honesty. He suspected that I may have a rare disease caused by an over active growth hormone but wasn't sure. When I returned home he sent the paperwork to have an IGF-1 blood test done and as he suspected I have a rare condition called Acromegaly. When he called me to confirm the diagnosis he was very forthright that I needed to see an Endocrinologist as this is a hormone condition. I immediately made an appt with my family Dr and got a referral right away. In the meantime he stayed in touch with me and I saw him again May as I was still having issues in my back. He arranged for an MRI in Kamloops within 2 weeks and that's when I was diagnosed with severe myelopathy in my upper thorasic region and he immediately referred me to Dr Ferdinand Matanaj. I am forever grateful to Dr Mosewich who I feel went above and beyond to diagnose not 1 but 2 conditions that I am dealing with. He was always very professional without making me feel like I was wasting his time and alwsys very upfront about how much time he had to meet with me. His office staff were always very prompt aboit returning my phone calls and making sure that any concerns I had were addressed as quickly as possible. I highly recommend him as a Neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Would recommend looking elsewhere for a neurologist. Came out of appointment with more questions than answers, better off waiting too see someone else because your probably gonna see them either way.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

This man is a great doctor. He did not rush me. He listened to every concern I had and he answered each and every one of them. He spent 45 minutes with me explaining what was happening. Kamloops is very lucky to have him. Terrific bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I submitted Oct 2 , 2011 review, would like to include that I was asked 4 times by his trainee if I ever had a sexually transmitted disease. Also Mosewhich told me directly that I was faking pain to get more pain medication. Read my other review of his actions very important if you are a woman. After I submitted that review that same day --Mosewich called me at home to apologize to me . Wonder which part of this terrible exam he was sorry for. Or did he read my review?

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I expected more from a specialist in the way of answers, but Dr. Mosewich was courteous in that he would run testing. That is only because I am concerned, however, and that made me feel dismissed.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

this doctor is the worst doctor you could get! Had to drive to VGH to get proper help and treatment. He made me feel like I was faking my symptoms. Told me to go swim or walk more. After returning from VGH and seeing a real Doctor,it made me feel like someone should review his work.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Very happy with Dr. Mosewich. Great medical care. Wonderful bedside manners.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. Mosewich is a great Dr. I have seen him on a few occasions and he is willing to work with the patient to come up with a treatment plan. He was compassionate and caring and ordered tests that were needed. He was great at explaining the results to myself and my husband. It was nice to finally have some answers after so many years.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014