Ratings for Dr. Ashvin Shah

Dr. Shah's been my doctor for years. Unfortunately I've had to see many many doctors over the years and some come across as arrogant and don't listen. Dr. Shaw is very knowledgeable yet freely acknowledges what he doesn't know and resources others in the medical field accordingly. He listens. I've never felt rushed with him. He handles multiple concerns in any one visit. Without getting into details, he pretty much saved my life because he understood me and worked the system to get me help instead of letting me wander in a broken medical system. If you're fortunate enough to get him as a physician you hit the jackpot.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Sometimes you have to wait, as he has many patients and only works once per week- that's because he also works in the ER at SBGH the rest of the week. Dr Shah is one of the best in the business because of his wealth of experience as a general physician and as an ER doctor. Does not hesitate to give referrals to specialists and will investigate any health issues or concerns to the fullest extent he himself is able to. If you are lucky enough to have him as your GP - you are in the best hands.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

dr shah is truly knowledgeable person .he always on time and tell Truth .he had done my mom colon surgery .I am 100 times positive what i did feel .

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

I have been a patient for six years now, and am comfortable with this doctor. He is an excellent diagnostician and manages quick turnaround times if a referral to a specialist is required.He takes time with me, and gives me time to discuss my care. Yes, he has reduced clinic hours and lab tests are often long in coming to further discussion with him.He is positive and supports me in every way. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Shah knows his stuff. He is to the point and very direct but what more could you want for your Dr.? He is not there to be your best friend and quite frankly, I get my hand held from others....not my family Dr. Awesome Dr!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

For those people who mentioned that Dr.Shah is a great doctor are completely right...He's always on time and cares about his patients. It does get busy in the ER sometimes but he always puts people first..For those of you who think he has 0 bedside manners must have 0 people skills and patience because this physician has won awards and he's been in the field for many years. Would never trade him for another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

I don't trust doctors. I feel as though they have become drug dealers. Dr. SHAH has my complete trust. One of a very few I feel 100% comfortable with while in his care. He will tell you what you need to hear, and importantly HOW you need to hear it. This man cares about all people and is an example for all others in health services to work towards.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

I recently discovered this site when reviewing specialist for my husband and frankly I was surprised to see some of the comments back regarding Dr. Shah. Dr. Shah has been my physician for approximately 10 years and I have to say I am constantly bragging about how great he is. He never leaves a stone unturned and my concerns are his concerns. He is wonderful in getting back to me with results and does not have a big ego like many physicians regarding sending you to a specialist. I have never noticed him to be one that looks at the clock, he ensures all my concerns are answered and cares about my extended life beyond his office, my husband, kids, etc. Keep up the good work Dr. Shah!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

Dr. Shah has very rude staff, he misses completely diagnoses and does not do a thorough complete check as he is too much of a hurry. Makes you feel like you - as a patient - do not matter to him at all - that only the amount of people he can see in a day does.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

After complaining to Dr. Shah for years about blood in my urine, I was lucky enough to be referred to a specialist by one of his associates while he was on holiday. They discovered a tumor in my bladder. Thankfully it was noninvasive and was removed. During the pre-op they also discovered I had type 2 diabetes. I feel betrayed by this doctor. We deserve better than this!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2007