Ratings for Dr. Andre Kirsten

He has been my doctor for 20yrs. Excellent balance of western medicine and alternative medicine.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

You know this Doctor literally just uses me as a test subject by prescribing multiple pharmaceuticals and does not help endless I force him to do which is very disrespectful and bad for my health

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

The staff at the office is where I give the stars to and I give him props for finding my diagnoses after a year of being so sick he was the only one who tested be more something different and it ended up being what was wrong but I am still severely sick and he does not seem to want to help. Feel like Im rushed out of each appointment. And now Im losing hope. When I have done my research and seen a specialist who agrees I need a medical treatment since I am getting worse each minute, and the tests even say so!! but nope, nothing. I was glad to be diagnosed, but I am very unpleased to be left without treatment.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Always professional, gentle, calm & knowledgeable. He has treated myself & my family for the last 10yrs. I love how open he is to natural alternative remedies instead of just pushing pharmaceuticals on everyone. He also seems to be always up to date with latest medical findings. I have complete & utter trust in this man & would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Extremly knowledgeable and very respectful of including the patient within the perspective care options. Willing to explore the balance between nutritioinal supplements prior to using pharmaceuticals!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Kirsten has treated me and my family for approx 7 years. Hi skill set and medical knowledge is outstanding. He tries hard to find root causes and in my expereience has been very successful. He is very proffesional and humble. A great family doctor that Nelson should be very grateful and proud to have serving this community.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

had a hard time listening to what i was telling him made up his mind re:my pain and had very little interest in what i was telling him wont go back

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

When other doctors said I had an anxiety disorder and gave me antidepressants, he did an assessment like no one had ever done. He diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue, which affects the functioning of my thyroid and all other hormones. Instead of thinking I was 'crazy' he focused on what my body needed in terms of supplements and hormonal adjustments. I would not be standing here today without him and I feel empowered by his patient education of how my glands/organs/hormones are all linked together and what it can feel like when they're out of balance. It frustrastes me that the regular medical establishment is so entrenched in diagnosing disease and disorders that they miss a much subtler area that has major health consequesnces nonetheless - I am grateful for Dr. Kirstens investment in what would be considered prevenetative medicine by his colleagues.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

After my family doctor referred my teenage daughter to a urolgist for a very invasive test,a friend in the healthcare field recommended I take her to Dr. Kirsten. Dr. Kirsten was so kind and gentle with her, it chokes me up just to think about it. He ordered a few far less invasive tests, and, based on that information, referred her to the appropriate specialist. My daughter and I have been patients of Dr. Kirsten for 4 years now, and I can't think of a single negative thing to say about him. I feel very fortunate to have found such an excellent family doctor in a city where many of the best doctors no longer accept new patients.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

I have been seing Doctor Kirsten for many years, he also treats many members of my family including my Daughter. He is very soft spoken, listens well, and always seems to be interested in how im doing as well as giving me an accurate diagnosis. I would recommend him to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010