Ratings for Dr. Andrew A. Garvie

I thought he was a fantastic doctor so I looked him up to see where his regular practice is. I saw him in the Stafford Hospital Emergency Department. He had a great sense of humor, spent time with me, listed to me, and explained the diagnoses to me well. He prescribed medication and in just two weeks my 6 month illness was gone. I will add him as a primary Care doctor if he has a regular doctors office (still looking). I just stopped by on this website to give him MY review because it looks like he didn't do all that well on a previous one by someone else many years ago. I give him two thumbs up. :)

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

WORST, most rude, disrespectful doctor I have ever met! If you have Garvie in the ER, run, crawl, or wheel out of there as fast as you can. After the PA in the ER couldn't figure out my swollen ankle (there was no trauma or event- it just swelled up in less then 2 hours time with intense pain), Garvie was called in to help. He wouldn't let me explain my condition without interruption, then he told me that he didn't believe me, asked me to justify why I was in an EMERGENCY room (his emphasis), and then, adding to the over-prescription of antibiotics, he told me me to take a prescription for an antibiotic I didn't need and huffed out of the room. I never took the antibiotic. The swelling went down after a day or two.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Had him in the ER. He was very rude, smacked his gum around, didn't listen to me, nor believed anything I said.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Andrew A. Garvie's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)