Ratings for Dr. Jan Paleta

Yes, he can be opiniated and stubborn but overall he may be the only one who can save my life. I have crohnes (severe),kindey stones,and extremely high cholesterol. My crohnes pain is so severe it masked my kidney stone pain. My only problem is that in order to receive pain medication I had to sign a contract which I find insulting although I do understand the need for it. Take the time to get to know him and I think you will find him very kind and understanding.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Never saw him before and never will again. Right out of the gate jumped down our throat about our son, his eating habits, weight, exercise without asking any background info or questions. Our son is average sized 5yrs. old and into sports and exercise. He is taller which in fact raises his weight which obviously Dr. Paleta didnt take into consideration. My wife (who can be opinionated) tryed to explain that this came on very quick and that there is a stomach virus spreading in our sons school. Instead of considering this he told my wife that (NO ONE) should be eating and i quote "chicken, beef or pork of any kind, limiting the amount of milk to almost none and not eating the recommended amount of fruit people should eat on a daily basis. So without any of these foods i am finding it hard to comprehend the Canadian Nutritional Food Guide.Upon talking to another doctor Our son is on his way to healing up, from a "tummy bug". Dr. Paleta , South Shore doesnt need You!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I miss him already. He left his Chilliwack practice in March to go to greener pastures in the East.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2010

He is o.k., but at times opinionated.Does not always have solutions on what ails you. Has lots of own personal problems. Is giving up all his poor patients to move to Eastern Canada. Because he has gray hair does not mean that he is old. He is only in his late forties. As a Doctor he is alright.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

I am a retired nurse,was married to a Dr and have had and worked with several doctors as I have lived in different provinces and countries.I trust Dr Paleta, he is competent , kind, respectful and is non judgemental in his approach with people.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

At first the doctor treated me abit like an "older" woman who didn't really know anything and I clearly resented that. It took a little time before he began to see that I take my health seriously...most of the time and since I have worked in the nursing profession at one point, I am not completely without knowledge. Now we seem to have an understanding and I appreciate his forthrightness and concern. I think that he has become perhaps a bit jaded and if the patient seems like they don't take things seriously, it may colour their opinion of him. A good doctor is hard to find in this community.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Very friendly but has limited knowledge on medicine - when not able to finds reason of illness claims you are stressed - all medical problems always blamed on stress ( which I never had or have ) it was side effects to medication doctor failed to check side effect to medication he prescript - Changed doctors as I continue sly was told all in my head - some what he is a good doctor but need to be more considerate and learn more about his patients I changed doctors.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

After moving to Chilliwack, the first thing we did was to find a doctor. Due to her health, she has to have one. Everywhere else we phoned would not accept a person with HIV, and we were despairing of finding a doctor for her. We tried Dr. Paleta's office and, at first, his wife turned us away, but when my wife mentioned she had HIV and needed a doctor badly, she scheduled her for an appointment. Since then, Dr. Paleta and his staff have shown themselves to be caring, courteous, and committed. He has helped us through some very tough times. When she was very ill and at home in bed, he called to she how she was doing. He's helped her with anything she's needed, from prescribing different pain medications, to wheelchairs and walkers. He is knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS, and has never discriminated against her because of her illness. He helped me to care for her better, by making sure that I was in good health. There are not enough words of praise in me for this great man of medicine.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

As a fellow SA, Dr Paleta and I connected right away. Being in the same medical profession, I have to deal with alot of Dr's and Dr Paleta is very down- to-earth, realsitc and is a pleasure to work with

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

I found Dr. Paleta through this website, when new in town, can say that I find him very helpful and knowledgeable; and I trust him. Somebody called him an "older gentleman" (older than what?); compared to me he is a fairly young man. I'm very pleased to have found him and that he could take me on at a time when everybody said that it was almost impossible to find a good doctor here who would take on new patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008