Ratings for Dr. Shireen Saban

I cannot believe that she still has licence to work. She treat us like garbage and not to mention the rudeness and bad attitude towards us. There is no one else in the area accepting new patients otherwise I must have gone. Absolutely disappointed

flag | Submitted January 12, 2019

Horrible human being and inept doctor. Don’t go to her if you care about your health!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2019

Absolutely no respect for patients. Makes you wait for your appointment, hard to even get an appointment, doesn't listen to your concerns, talks over you, interrupts you, talks down to you, belittles you... Trust the other (very negative) comments here.

Submitted November 26, 2018

I had Saban as my family doc from age 10-22, very important years. I consider myself to be a sensitive person, and have mental health issues and a personal concern with being underweight. She was consistently late, and made me feel rushed each time. She did not make me feel as if she was really listening, it seems she likes to find band-aid solutions. She is not nurturing at all, often made me cry just from the condescending tone of how she talked to me. I felt awful after my appointments, I knew I had to brace myself to endure her each time I made the effort to care for my mental and physical health. My crying fed into her impression of me being super depressed and troubled (I wasn't crying all the time, I was just triggered by her!) She is quick to prescribe therapy (yay!) and medications. She prescribed me with anti-depressants, and 4 years later I decided to go off them to try working on my own. Before and during being medicated, she did not give me the understanding that medication is not always the solution (definitely can be for some and may in my future!), it is to help you create better habits during the medicated time in order to get off them later. After 2 years off of the meds, I came back to talk about contraception. Not out of character, she made a comment when I came in that I was looking thin (I had indeed lost a lot of weight due to stress). I started crying, and she said, "oh yeah... you're sensitive about your weight aren't you?" She manipulated me into agreeing to try meds again by "showing" me that I was not fully cognitively functioning because I didn't fill in the back of a form that was on a clipboard (I didn't know there was a backside). Very condescending and manipulative. Didn't ask if I had eaten enough that day, if I was meditating, if I was in therapy, if I was abusing substances - no questions as to my state of self care. Straight to meds. I asked to switch doctors. Almost every other doctor or nurse practitioner I have every interacted with has been amazing and listened to me!! For anyone sensitive, she is not and you will not receive adequate care from her!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

I am stunned this woman still has a license to practise medicine. The people who go to see her are not patients. They are victims. I was a wreck before every appointment trying to guess what violent moodswing she would be in that day.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

Very friendly and caring. Seems genuinely concerned about your problems

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Everytime I go to book an appointment it is at least a 3 week wait. At this point it is easier to go to the clinic to get my prescriptions filled or issues dealt with.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

I went into see Dr. Saban last week. After my appointment I had to book another one, and she told me what day to book it on. I brought my information up to the front desk lady, she was very snippy with me, telling me that she had 0 appointments for me that day meanwhile Dr. Saban just told me it would be fine. (It gets worse) after having the disrespect and attitude thrown my way but finally getting it resolved, the front desk lady called a women from the line to come up to the computer right beside us to help her as well, while still processing everything through for me, didn’t really bother me UNTIL the same girl behind the front desk asked me, in a voice where even the people in line and the front waiting room mostlikely heard, “do you have your appointment to test if you’re pregnant?” Isn’t that confidential? Yes it is. A doctor wouldn’t/shouldn’t even ask you questions like that with your parents or family memebers in the room with you. I felt so violated and embarrassed that I just quickly answered that I had the sheet for it and that I was going right away. I never wanted to leave a room so quickly and I did as soon as everything was done. I knew I wasn’t pregnant, I had to be tested for it regardless, but why did people in the front room need to know that and ALSO why did the front desk lady even need to know? It was with the labs downstairs, not even with Dr. Saban. This should be something discussed in the room with my actual doctor! This proved to me that my doctors office is completely unprofessional. This completely ruined my day as it still bothers me, and I was going to tell Dr. Saban how upset and violated it made me feel but I didn’t have her for when my next appointment came. I feel as if I should do something serious about what happened to save the next young girl from the embarrassment, but unfortunately I haven’t. Dr. Saban or one of the doctors in that office should really educate the front staff more efficiently if this is how the patients are going to be treated. Very unsatisfied!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Dr Saban is wonderful human being, very good doctor. She is my family doctor since 2007. and thanks to her diligence and excellent doctor/patient relationship I am in good health, many of my health problems solved. She really took good care of me. Thank you Dr Saban!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

My family is with Dr Saban. I must say each visit yields even bad experience than past ones. They are suppose to be your family physician but our family of 4 is shared by 4 different physicians. This is not family practice rather it is business practice. A few weeks ago I took my son for checkup and was told that since his doctor is on leave so a replacement doctor will see and I need to know by blood results and was told by her that I should make an appointment with my doctor to discuss it. It is upsetting and disgraceful.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018