Ratings for Dr. Roy Chivers

like many here said. a very arrogant man. who needs to learn manners. and people skills.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr Chivers saved my life, plain and simple. Diagnosed my stomach pains as acute appendicitis and rushed me to hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Found out my appendix had burst, and I was in toxic shock. Without him I wouldn't be here. Yes, he does have an odd personality, strange humour, and gruff bedside manner. I chalk that up to him being Chief Coroner, and seeing what he's seen over the years. Regardless, knows his stuff inside and out.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I was unfortunate enough to be a patient of this Moron for many years, I had problems with depression, fatigue, and very sore bleeding hands. He stuck me on antidepressants, cholesterol pills, and cream that did nothing. The biggest favor he did me was to retire. My next doctor took one test and roared that my thyroid was DANGEROUSLY low, I was put on the correct medication, and all my symptoms cleared up within a few weeks. THANKS FOR NOTHING

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

He is the doctor for a local long term care facility. Since my mother used to be a resident there, I can honestly say that his bedside manner is terrible; he is very arrogant, and he totally mis diagnosed my mother's skincondition. I had to take her to see a dermatologist 2 hrs away to get the diagnosis corrected. He is only there to collect a paycheck and he really doesn't care about the health & general well being of the residents there. The staff are good & they are well aware of his ways but they can't say anything. It will be a blessing for the residents of this long term care facility when he finally retires!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

This man is a menace to the aging society.Heaven help you if you question his care of your aging relative. Unfortunately, trying to speak with staff or management regarding his lack of concern is useless. Be sure to monitor your aging relative care while he is looking after them. Luckily things get done when he goes on holidays!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Sad to think that is is the man that is in charge of our loved ones.We can only hope that he will live to a ripe old age and have a Dr. with the same personality in charge of him.What goes around comes around.Good luck!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

This doctor is a complete disgrace to the medical field my husbands grandmother went to the Norfolk Gen for back pain and he ran tests and was unable to figure out what was wrong with her and called my mother in law and told her that she has nothing wrong and that he has wasted enough money on her her, she ended up passing away uncomfortable and in pain as the JERK would not give her any pain meds when she was moaning and stating she was in pain he insisted she was fine I found him VERY non-compassonate and ignorant and maybe he needs to consider a career change if he cannot remember the oath he took to help those in need I would never let him take care of another family member and the fact that this hospital allows him to still practice with them after so many complaints is disgusting

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

he told my mother that she did not have much longer...what an ass!.he is horrible....as I watched a tear fall down her face..it broke my heart..

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

I've only seen Dr. Chivers once at the Walk-In Clinic. I thought I may have had strep throat. He was very nice and had a amiable personality, but like other raters have posted, he blamed my sore throat on smoking. It is true that he blames smoking on any symptom that could possibly be linked to this habit (sore throat, coughing, etc.) I know this from hearing others in the area complain about the same treatment. My advice to smokers about to see this doctor for any symptom that COULD be related to smoking...go to someone else. Because I guarantee that this is the reason he'll give you for any problems you are or will experience.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

This doctor is a menace, prescribing a recklessly high dose of a powerful antibiotic, used for streptococcal pneumonia in hospital situations, for a viral infection which he diagnosed as bronchitis. He gave no more than a 2 minute examination.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008