Ratings for Dr. Yolanda C Holmes

Staff is really very rude and chatty. I've been to several appts and have met with Dr. Holmes AND her assistants. Dr. Holmes and most of her assistants are very kind and knowledgeable. However I have one complaint about one of them. A friend or patient that she knew came in directly behind me (as she was leading me to the consulting room), and the assistant knew that if she finished up with me quickly, she would be able to get her friend/patient before one of the other assistants did. I had to force the assistant to look at my body and check for cancerous moles (I have a long history in my family) and to look especially at two growths on my back. I'm not kidding when I said I had to FORCE her to stay with me. REALLY? Cancer vs. friend? Cancer...friend... learn some professionalism. Not to sound mean, but her staff could do with a good lay-off scare. I'm sure you could find someone in this market to do the job professionally.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR! She may be a nice enough woman but in my opinion, she does not take enough time to take a full history, explain the ramifications of the procedures or treatments she is prescribing, which in my case had quite awful effects resulting in scars.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Dr. Holmes is a good dermatologist. She is professional and very knowledgable. I have been a patient for approximately 4 years. I have recommended her to friends and colleagues and will continue to recommend her.Dr. Holmes thank you for your professionalism.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

My biggest regret is not having read these reviews before scheduling my appt. with Dr. Holmes. I went in for adult acne treatment. She looked at my face for literally 2secs. Gave me a sample of medication that she must get kick backs for from prescriptions filled because she couldn't have based that decision on anything about my specific case. Then sent me on my mary way. I waited 40mins to see her for 2mins. The medication conflicted with Proactive, which I was using at the time, but she never bothered to ask me so I had no idea until my face felt like it was on fire and I looked it up online. She was horrible. I'm a grad student and my $85 co-pay was painful for basically NO service. Please don't go to this woman.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

This office is totally geared towards their cosmetic beauty end. Not with serious skin issues. Not only was Dr. Holmes disinterested with me and even my 5 year old daughter suffering from eczema and a fungal infection, so was her staff. Each time we went (3 times and don't ask me WHY I gave her a second and third chance), we had to wait close to an hour. Her staff never apologzied or said why there was a hold up. When we finally got to see Dr. Holmes, she was short and impatient. She looked at my spots and moles for a fraction of a second and said there was nothing she could do about them. As for my daughter she prescribed 3 different creams and that was it. We are definitely moving to a different dermatologist and I say NO to Dr. Holmes. Trust me, I gave her a whole year of my time, money and patience. They are AWFUL.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Make no mistake, this is not a doctor's office, this is a business. Period! I have never dealt with such incompetency in terms of office staff in my entire life. It was nearly impossible to refill my prescription and it took days to weeks to get answers from anyone in the office (or even to have my phone calls returned). They refused to provide me with important test results over the phone and required me to make another appointment (and therefore pay) in order to get my results. I was also told I could not get my prescription filled unless I met with Dr. Holmes HERSELF, yet when I had my appointment, I only met with her assistant (who actually was nice). Bottom line is every time I walked through the door or called I felt like they were trying to get me to pay for something, necessary or not. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Dr. Holmes herself was very nice and pleasant. She even prescribed me something very useful for my eczema...BUT her staff is just so unprofessional - very apathetic and a lot of chatting/yelling going on...they seemed to be there just to pretty much collect a paycheck. I know this isn't the Dr.'s fault...but it made me not want to come back.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

I did not have a good experience here. I never actually saw Dr. Holmes because they gave me an assistant. I went to have a wart removed and after suffering through the pain, the wart did not decrease in size at all. However, what really annoyed me is that the office staff made me pay more than what I knew my co-pay was - I even called my insurance company to confirm. The office staff told me that I would receive a refund but I never got it.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

I searched & searched for a black female dermatologist in the area who took my insurance, and decided upon Dr.Holmes. I was scheduled for an appt 2-3 months after the day I called. This was common in my search, so I accepted the appt. I got there and only saw Dr. Holmes when Dr.Miles was unsure of my insurance/referral. Before I was taken into the exam room, I noted that I would have to see a different doctor if I went on the weekend, this was a THURSDAY. Dr. Miles was also unsure of my diagnosis. As I waited for clarity, the front desk staff decided that I needed to get the form she had forgotten to have me sign in the middle of my exam, instead of having me sign it when I paid my copayment. I have skin issues on my body, and instead of being given a gown to disrobe, I was pulling this or that down, and this or that up. I have a follow up visit as they were unable to diagnose me, and I truly hope that this go around is better, if not, I will have to begin the search again!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2008

I have been an ongoing patient of Dr. Holmes for 3 years now and have found her to be informative, polite and sincere. Her diagnosis/prescriptions have been on point for me. I would and have recommended her to friends and family. After reading previous comments, I am saddened. Good/hard work has paid off for her in many areas and the main one would be her popularity. This has become a two edged sword for her b/c her schedule fills up fast which means that she has to take on additional staff to help with the load. Unfortunately, this means that she may not always get to see everyone first hand. Nevertheless, she still maintains a high level of care. Here is a suggestion, maybe if you feel you are being overlook and/or pass off, you should specifically request to be seen by Dr. Holmes and see how that works out. Dr. Holmes is a young and upcoming Dermatologist who takes her work very seriously and her knowledge shows that she has invested a lot of time into learning her craft.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

Dr. Yolanda C Holmes's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 19129 (Grad. 1992)

Healthnet