Ratings for Dr. David Blair

I wish I had found this site years ago before my mother went to him. Shortly after she became his patient she contracted meningitis and laid in the hospital for a week undiagnosed he didn't seem to care as her condition worsened. A female doctor on call for him came in and saw my mother called in a neurologist is and we had a diagnosis. Unfortunately to late as she had developed Encephalitides by then and ended up with sever brain damage. I personally fired this doctor from my mothers case and looked for a new doctor who actually gave a**** about his patients glad Blair retired worst Doctor I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Dr. Blair has retired from active practice. I recall as he took me on a decade ago saying how he planned to but could likely get me through to my own if I followed his hints. (near my age). He kept his promise. "David Blair received his BSc in Pharmacy in 1967, MD in 1971 and Masters in Health Administration in 1995. His experience includes 17 yrs of community family practice (Campbell River), 7 yrs as the Medical Director of Burnaby Hospital, and 3 yrs as Medical Director Health Care and Rehab Services (WCB). With an interest in palliative care, he returned to family practice in 2000 (Victoria). He is an active member of medical associations including the Board of Directors and Executive of the BCMA & the Board of Directors (CMA appointee) for the Canadian College of Health Services Accreditation. He currently acts as a clinical lead in a prescribing initiative for doctors of BC. He has contributed to several articles about how prescription drugs are marketed & prescribed in Canada."

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Nice man but not a good doctor really. Expects you to tell him what tests you want. Has little idea of preventative medicine. I'm still waiting to have my BP checked after 8 years. There is a reason he is still accepting new patients after being in town as long as he has. But a very nice man.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

I believe Dr. Blair is a well educated doctor. I also think he doesn't like working with seniors. His attitude seems to be "what do you expect from a person your age and doesn't listen well. He told my mother she was ready for the recycle box; he may have thought that was funny but neither she or I did. I believe seniors have the right to respect; mother never abuses the system and in her old world, the Dr. is God. She hardly ever sees the man; indeed she doesn't want to but every once in a while something serious comes up and in we go. I would dearly love to find her another doctor but that isn't so easy in Victoria.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Dr. Blair is an excellent family physician. He is sensitive, intelligent, and level headed in a crisis. He takes the time required to thoroughly discuss the issue, and orders tests when necessary. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Personable, kind, professional, and seems very thoughtful (does not ever make me feel like I have to speak quickly and rush out of there as did my previous physician, but discusses all angles of a problem so I can understand my options). Clean bright office, staff who obviously enjoy being there. Definitely someone I would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Does not explain results of medical reports and scans so I can understand. Also on various visits he has displayed a temper, he'll argue and never takes notes. When I come in for a reg. visit, he hasn't a clue about what the visit is for and when I mention a problem he will say that he'll take care of that next time or he won't even show interest in my ongoing problem. I have to ask to see a specialist or I just keep coming back with nothing being adresed. When my Specialist sends him a report from my visit, he just complains about why does he have to do all that and I just went in for another visit and he actually lied and said that he didn't get a report of my last visit and so he didn't talk about the results. IS THIS PERSON ACTUALLY A DOCTOR?? He sure doesn't act like one! I am treated like he hates women. I need a GOOD Doc.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

i have been going to dr blair for about 9 years now & can't say one bad thing about him,he takes his time with you,& sends you for test if needed.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

I have found Dr. Blair to be knowledgeable on medications but totally not knowledgeable on other types of therapies. If you need a doctor that can understand your situation and what you are going through, he is definitely not the one. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Great family Doctor. Trustworthy, friendly, and knowledgeable. Understands what needs drugs and what doesn't. Visits are pleasant and he always puts the minds of our family members at ease, even when are really sick. That is part of the doctor's role as a healer in my opinion. He gets it.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Molina
Mutual Medical
Peach State Health Plan
Staywell
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)