Ratings for Dr. Ronald M. Pugh

I am newer to Utah and was looking for a place to get an eye exam and contacts. The exam was okay at best but the worst part about this place is that i dont think they know what they are doing anymore. The first time i ordered contacts from them, i told them EXACTLY what i wanted and they STILL got the order wrong. It took two more tries to actually fix it. (Colorblends vs AirOptix...how hard is that). They ordered two boxes vs the one i asked for and I had to deal with my insurance directly to fix the problem because Pugh's office wouldnt help. I decided to give them another chance almost a year later now and they did the same thing AGAIN. This time they ordered THREE boxes instead of the ONE i wanted; gave me the discontinued ones i specifically said "no" to and then when she was ordering what I hope is my correct box of lenses, she said she wouldnt expedite the shipping even though it WAS HER FAULT. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS SAME THING HAS HAPPENED-they cannot get the type of contacts right, the number of boxes right or even bill insurance right. Please dont come here. My family isnt coming here and all my half blind friends will never even consider this place now.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

I love Dr. Pugh. He loves to talk. And for some people like me, that's great, for others, not so much. But he's great. Really. I recommend him to anyone in Utah looking for an optometrist.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Is very flexible, willing to work with you. He is opinionated, but willing to listen and bend according to a patients desires. I believe he really cares about making a difference and not just a buck.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

I felt ripped off. They told me I'd have to pay one amount, and then it ended up being more. Also, my contacts aren't the right prescription and I can't see as well. It was frusterating.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

He is a great guy, very friendly but comes across as too much of a salesman for me. Pushes other agendas, particularly nutritional supplements, with you as a captive audience. That just led me to be more skeptical of the other advice he gave me in regards to my eyes. But perhaps you will see it differently. Is a humanitarian and organizes doctors to go to Mexico to do free eye exams/surgeries. Probably jots down some personal notes on patients, I was impressed that he remembered certain things about me having only seen me once before and over a year ago.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2007

Dr. Ronald M. Pugh's Credentials

• Pacific University - College Of Optometry (Grad. 1975)

MSP/BC Med