Ratings for Dr. Jaydeep Moro

Surgery was a success! He is very kind, informative, really cares about your well-being. Remembers everything during follow-ups.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I suffered with a tear and severe tendenosis for over 1 yr as a healthy young adult in my late 20's. Dr Moro initially was helpful and performed cortisone injection and eventually a PRP which he recommended as a second option before surgery which was our last resort. We were not certain i had a tear or any real injury as diagbostic reports suggested possible tears. 3 months post PRP the pain did not subside and i returned to Dr Moro who said repeat PRP or surgery is our only 2 options. He told me systematic reviews showed that PRP had no statistical significance and that it was placebo effect in patients if it worked. I told him id like to take a requisition for PRP and see if it was still covered first and if not then id be back to discuss surgical options. Approx. 3 weeks later i returned to dr moro because the PRP was going to cost $400 + taxes and i was already pff work for 7 months at that time on tight budget. I was ready to forget PRP and explore surgeey but Dr Moro now said i did not need surgery and that he could not help me. He told me to seek out a holistic treatment. I asked him for a repeat ultrasound or xray to see what was going on inside now post prp and told him my physiotherapist suggested an MRI be done. He dismisses my requests stating they would do nothing and serve no purpose. My family doctor then met with me and told me she had phone conversation with dr moro and that they both believe the pain is in my head and that i should go back to work. Physio or holistic treatment was the only thing that would help me she said. She then tried to dissuade me from seeking a 2nd opinion claiming it was useless. Frustrated i sought a 2nd opinion anyhow and that specialist ordered the repeat xray uktrasound blood work AND an MRI and i am now told i have a definite tear AND that i need to do surgery. I went back to dr moro and asked him to juat VIEW my MRI results and he took over 1 month to get back to me and he said i will do surgery ut its a 50% chance if success. I will never trust this dr again or allow him to operate on my body. As a nurse practitioner i am very appalled at his lack of care or desire to help his patients or investigate their symptoms to ensure a proper diagnosis and surgical prognosis is confirmed. He gave up on me and did t believw my pain was real. He thought i was trying to get disability benefits to stay off work my family doctor said. Very unprofessional behind my back AND its bwcause im in healthcare too that i didnt just accept his final word. I kept exploring other options and opinions until i reached an answer. Im 29 not 79 and i shouldn't take over a year to heal a soft tissue injury if im doing all the right things (rest/physio/alkaline plant based diet, etc.). Happy to say Dr Ogilvie Harris from Toronto has suggested surgery and gave me a confident prognosis, not 50% and he believed me when i told him my symptoms and dis not dismiss me just because i failed his manual assessment. Pain is individualized Dr Moro and its very real even if you the assessor believe otherwise... they teach that in medical school. Perhaps you've forgotten.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

I have never felt compelled to write one of these reviews before but bar none - one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He is a paragon of what a good physician should be - skilled, caring and humble. His waiting times are only due to the time he takes with each patient and the demand to visit his clinic. If I sound like an ad man, I'm not - just a patient who knows where credit it due. If you have a shoulder problem, this is the place to go.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr moro has some of the best bedside manner you could ask for as you prepare for surgery. He took care of me and all of my questions during all my consultations. He completed a shoulder surgery on me and it has returned me back to my normal self prior to my shoulder dislocation.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Great doctor.."super knowledgeable and friendly. Took time to explain options and never felt rushed. All healthcare professionals should job shadow him to see how to perform at the highest level.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I had a complete tear of the right rotator cuff repaired by Dr, Moro in 2001. Its been 15 years and my shoulder is still in great shape. Dr Moro was very caring ( getting me into surgery 5 days after initial appointment) and did a super job. Highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr. Moro performed surgery to repair a torn labrum in my left shoulder. Once inside he found two tears and repaired both as well as "tightening up" the shoulder itself. He was extremely caring and an incredible surgeon that was interested in my overall health and not just my shoulder. During the consultation he asked there were any other problems I was experiencing in my body and referred me to a hip specialist and I had that repaired the following year. You could not find a better doctor in attitude, attentiveness, complete explanations and ability. Rehab was strenuous and painful as expected, however, recovery was full. The surgery was performed the last week of October and I was playing golf in late May with some pain, but, I could take a full swing with full power. I was amazed and was back to full weight training in mid summer and my shoulder is what I would consider perfect. Very little range of motion loss. I would recommend him without hesitation and I honestly don't think you can really find anyone better.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I am very glad I had the pleasure of dealing with Dr. Moro. I have never had a doctor like him. You can see he genuinely takes the time to review your file explaining your condition(s). I did not feel rushed and he gave me the attention I needed to feel comfortable. Thanks Dr. Moro

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I had shoulder stabilization surgery done by Dr. Rajaratnam a few years and and my shoulder continued to dislocate on a daily basis after that. After multiple failed chances to have Dr. Rajaratnam fix the problem I gave up and was referred to Dr. Moro. He was TERRIFIC. AMAZING bedside Manour. He met with me and my family, asked tough questions, was very intensive and consice. He remembered everything about me and follows up with me to encourage me to stop smoking. He even made recommendations about my skin condition, which I found very helpful and considerate. He's the best doctor I've ever seen in my life and I recommend him to everyone. I will never see another orthopaedic surgeon again. Thank you Dr. Moro!!!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

repaired my shoulder, he was a great help and very friendly.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014