Ratings for Dr. Norman Blustein

Dr bluestein will have u waiting hours before he can see you regardless if you had an appointment time or not. He does not care that you have waited hours. He will take 5 minutes at the most to see you and send you on your way. He is a good doctor but punctually he is not good, at all. The receptionist could care less about you. They can be rude and short. They don't smile, they are not welcoming. I am getting my sons files transferred to a new doctor and I'm so glad I will no longer be dealing with this office. Absolute bull

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Love Dr Blustein! Have both my kids in his care and he has never steered me wrong! From medical advice to sleep support. He has been the best for our kids. Highly recommend him, he is simply the best. Would not trust my kids with anyone else! Yes the wait time are long, but worth the wait. I read some of these negative comments here and I am shocked. Especially since he is so full and barely accepts new patients. That means his clients are HAPPY with is care!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

My 14 month old son was admitted to the hospital and dr.blustein was the dr who took care of him during the week that we were there. He was so careing and understanding he even brought a toy car with him for our son to hold while he checked him . He is a very knowledgable dr and we always felt we were in very good hands. We owe him a huge thank you. Everything he told us that our son would go through and how he would get better was spot on.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

If you're prepared to spend the afternoon waiting he is good. Usually 2 hours after your appointment time he can see you.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

I do not have children that go to Dr Blustein. I have had students that are patient of his. In all cases he was too relaxed and misdiagnosed illness and developmental problems. Some issues were detrimental to the children. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR, YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH WILL SUFFER!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

My son,(now an adult) was one of Dr. Blusteins first patients when he opened his practice in 1988. My son saw him from birth(he was in the delivery room) until my son turned 17. I cannot put into words my eternal gratitude and the wonderful care he showed us. We were young parents and nervous. He spent time with us, discussing in detail health issues concerning our son. We never felt rushed. We were his priority. My son referred to him as "Dr. B." We could not ask for anything more than the exquisite care Dr.B. showed us. Forever grateful.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I have become increasingly disappointed with this clinic and doctor. While I appreciate that Dr. B is friendly and generally good with kids, he is also lackadaisical. If your child is perfectly average, you may find his care sufficient. My son has GDD and Dr. B didn't notice anything out of the ordinary until my son was over six months old... He didn't refer us to anyone until another month or so after that even though my son was not sitting on his own yet. His information is dated and sometimes bordering on hazardous (he told me to wash my baby's hair with Head & Shoulders). I generally just smile and nod because changing doctors would be a hassle, but the two hour wait times are getting ridiculous. Is he a nice man? Yes. Is he a decent doctor? Sure. Is he worth the wait? Nope. Oh, and recently he touched my sons genital region and then went into the neighbouring exam room to see his next patient WITHOUT WASHING HIS HANDS.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

In my opinion a great doctor is worth the wait. Norm displayed a warm heart to my son, I couldn't care less about the wait or busy front desk staff, my son takes priority over me or my wife having to wait.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Save yourself the energy and the time and DO NOT make this Doctor your children's Pediatrician. It's not worth it! You will have at least a 1 hour wait for every appointment - not bc he takes his time with all the patients... bc he often walks in late and then takes his time checking his mail and other admin things while he has a room full of people waiting for him. It is absolutely ridiculous and not worth it. The is no hand sanitation pump anywhere to be found (unless you go to the elevator) and if he washes his hands it would be for one second with water on the tips of his fingers. We finally decided to leave his practice and could not be happier... and what proved the point to me even more is that his office wanted me to pay $60 per chart for transferring the chart! Are you kidding me?! I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old... the 1 year old has been there maybe 6 times and you are going to charge me that much money to copy maybe 2-3 pieces of paper?! The new doctor's clinic was even shocked at the price as they don't charge that much even for teenage patients who would have large charts. The front desk staff is also very rude. I've only had good experiences there with the nurses. I'm glad I'm leaving now and not wasting any more of my time and energy with this clinic.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Just brutal. Wait was 2 hours. Then he debated the diagnosis from his colleague. He is brutal. SOOO soooo frustrating!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014