Ratings for Dr. Norman Blustein

Dr. Bluestein used to be my doctor as a small child and I remember him being amazing! Brought my newborn to see him and things have changed big time. He has brought us in late at every appointment (up to 3 hours), he seemed very distracted once he did take my daughter in, and his staff are terribly rude. The receptionist booked us a week in advance for a late appointment and called us the day before to cancel and did not give us another date until two weeks later. My daughter was 2 weeks old at the time and was not at her birth weight so I was terribly concerned that he would not see her for another two weeks due to a staff error. The receptionist also made it seem like it was my fault that the doctor couldn't see us because I needed a late appointment as I had to wait until my husband was home from work to bring us. I would never recommend this doctor to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

The doctor is a little bit scary and you have to wait 3 hours to get in he is dirty and never washes his hands

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

The comments are true. This clinic is constantly behind and the front desk staff hate everyone. However, the wait is worth it since the primary review is for doctor Bluestein who in my opinion is the best doctor in Richmond hill hence his continued presence at the hospital. Get over the wait people !!! You think the best doctors have no clients ??

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Receptionists are very unfriendly and rude, wait time is 45 minutes most of the time. I waited 1.5 hours with a 2 day old baby for the newborn exams , The doctor is friendly and seems knowledgeable. Nurses are friendly but rushed all the time. Would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

The wait time is highly ridiculous. Neither the doctor nor the staff seem bothered about this. Hoping to change doctors soon.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

With the unfortunate waiting time aside, Dr. Blustein is great. Very understanding and extremely knowledgeable, he is a great pediatrician to have. The only real downside is honestly the insane wait time the office has. Would recommend him as a doctor nonetheless.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Always running at least 90 minutes past appointment time. No respect for people's time. I work in a medical office and our patients are never treated this poorly. Never an apology. Friendly doctor, but impersonal. Doesn't remember anything about any of my 3 teenaged kids who have seen him since infancy. Dirty office. Dr B. Has never washed his hands before examining any of my kids. Even a physical lasts less than 5 minutes. Appointments feel very rushed.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Though Dr. Blustein is not my child's regular pediatrician, we have seen him on many occasions at the RH Clinic when our regular pediatrician is not available. He is very friendly with the kids and seems quite knowledgeable. However, the wait is ridiculous. It's really outrageous to wait 1.5 hours to get checked out for the flu.... I don't understand why he/clinic overbooks to such an extent! It's not just once or twice, it's every time we've been booked to see him . We've been at the clinic for 11 years now, and we see him 2 or 3 times a year. EVERY time is a nightmare of a wait!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr bluestein will have u waiting hours before he can see you regardless if you had an appointment time or not. He does not care that you have waited hours. He will take 5 minutes at the most to see you and send you on your way. He is a good doctor but punctually he is not good, at all. The receptionist could care less about you. They can be rude and short. They don't smile, they are not welcoming. I am getting my sons files transferred to a new doctor and I'm so glad I will no longer be dealing with this office. Absolute bull

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Love Dr Blustein! Have both my kids in his care and he has never steered me wrong! From medical advice to sleep support. He has been the best for our kids. Highly recommend him, he is simply the best. Would not trust my kids with anyone else! Yes the wait time are long, but worth the wait. I read some of these negative comments here and I am shocked. Especially since he is so full and barely accepts new patients. That means his clients are HAPPY with is care!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016