Ratings for Dr. Alix Young

Dr. Young has been my doctor for 30 years and I have always had GREAT experiences with her. She has never given me a prescription unless she knows exactly what she is treating. I had a hysterectomy when I was 37 and she was there when I opened my eyes in recovery. She actually took the time and came into surgery with me. I love how she makes each visit personal and always takes the time to ask about my kids and remembers each of them by name. I don't want to think about the day that she retires, it will be a great loss to the medical community. Thanks for being there when you have been needed. You are one of the best!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Dr. young is a geeat dr associated with Grandview medical center. She is a great dr. She has been my dr since i was born and has always been great and has helped me many times over the years.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

i never met doctor young since i was a kid since i never really had to , thank god but as i begin to get older it seems its probably a good idea to get a seal of approval on my health. My experience with doctor young has been good she didnt make me feel like a number and she seemed to work with a sense of urgency when it came to making sure i was healthy > i hope she stays around for when i have my first kid. i dont want to go to another doctor. i really like her. i think the people answering the phones after 4:30pm could be a bit more nicer. i work in customer service so i know how annoying the general public can get after the entire day. So basically, Doctor Young is the best and the staff could try a bit more harder to not let their daily job stresses consume them. thanks doctor young for making me feel comfortable. I appreciate it>

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Dr. Young saved my mother's life. She had oat cell lung cancer at 37, she knew something was wrong and her doctor kept telling her it was nothing. She got a second opinion, and thank god for Dr. Young she had the wheels moving fast and my mom fought and won!!! And when i was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis she helped me a great deal!!! She even called me at home!! She is very knowledgeable and supportive!! Love her!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

I cannot say enough about Dr. Young. She is the most amazing Dr and has helped me through the roughest time. After losing my mother (who was my reassurance in life), I now know that Dr. Young can do that for me. She is caring, honest, and does whatever it takes to put your mind at ease. She has given me test after test to reassure me, and I dread the day she ever has to retire. She may be difficult to get in to see, but....that is only because she is one of the best and everyone wants her for a family Dr. Keep up the fantastic work, Dr. Young.....you are an amazing medical professional!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

Dr. Young is a great doctor it's getting in to see her thats the issue. The advice nurses have this complaint. I've called the last 3 days in a row and had to speak to the advice nurse. I was on the phone crying with her I was in so much pain and had trouble breathing by the third day. She told me it sounded like H1N1 and to basically ride it out at home. I went to the nearest walk in clinic. My chest was infected and I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I had to be put on antibiotics. I understand that they don't want to spread anything in the doctors office but there are other things wrong aside from H1N1 and the nurses need to get that through there heads before people get seriously ill!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

I cannot believe people have commented that Dr. Young is impersonal. She helped deliver my children and knows their histories well. She always recalls my health issues and even if she did confuse me with another one of her thousands of patients, I dare anyone to keep this quantity of clientelle straight. I feel I abuse her medical services at times because she has certainly been somewhat of a counsellor at times. She absolutely seems to care. I know she is reducing her practice. I will send my children to another competent doctor but I feel I'd be giving up a very caring professional. I dread the moment she retires.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

We are blessed to have such a fine doctor in Cambridge - I hope she continues to practice for many more years to come.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Dr. Young has always been extremely helpful and caring. Being a young adult, I have visited her many times and she has always treated me with the upmost respect, never making me feel rushed and always remembering small details about my family and personal life to make the atmosphere more comfortable. I look forward to many more years with Dr. Young as our family practictioner.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

I have been seeing Doctor Young for 30 years and she has ALWAYS been cheerful, helpful, honest and caring. I wouldn't change Doctors if they were looking for patients.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008