Ratings for Dr. Kevin K. Nahigian

DR. Nahigian did my knee surgery. He and the staff were excellent. He was very informative about procedure. Will recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. N did my microfracture surgery in 2016. He walked me through the process, did a great job explaining the procedure and gave me a great post op plan to get me back to playing golf and Crossfitting. He was very thorough and made sure that I understood all the possible side effects a risks involved. He did a great job preparing my wife to care for me post op and she was very grateful that she was in the loop. The therapy staff was great and I was was treated kindly and promptly every time I came in. I would definitely go see him for any issues I have in the future.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

This doctor is a joke went to him went a torn acl he recommended a steroi9shot and therapy, I explained to him that the shot doesnt work for me because of a previous surgery I had the steroids do not work for me, the doctor said if I don't see or feel any improvement come back because the only option is surgery, well low in behold two weeks later still in awful pain and can't hardly walk or put pressure on the the leg or knee itself. The therapist spoke with dr. Nahigian and his response was he was not doing surgery I need to continue therapy and live with the pain. I went to get a second opinion and low in behold I did need surgery. Dr. Nahigian is a discredit to his profession. I would not allow him to treat anyone from my family or anyone I know , you come out better just staying home if you are relying on him to fix the issue.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Had knee replacement and after 16 months I cannot straighten out my leg. Did physical therapy for over four months. He seems to care less. It was obvious to all right after surgery that there was a problem in straightening the leg, then he later says "it's too late to correct it". He delayed replacement surgery for five months and I was told to keep off of leg. He initially went in and drilled holes to try to get blood supple to grow cartilage, but told me it probably wouldn't work. The length of time I was off the leg, six months, caused the hamstrings to shrink and now having to have hamstring release...by another doctor. He didn't offer that as an alternative. I used to love him and Heather at Excel, but now have changed my opinion significantly. He's usually a nice person, but his staff leaves a lot to be desired as far as being nice or cooperative. I don't think I would recommend him to anyone. I am very disappointed and would not recommend him. The follow up care was poor at best.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Dr. Nahigian did Orthoscopic back in May 2013, He explain to me what he was going to do before my surgery, after surgery the recovery nurse explain to me that he had to do more than he expect it. She gave me my discard paper that and to start rehab in two days. I got to rehab that Thursday and the rehab team look at my file and wonderful why was I there because of the surgery he done I shouldn't been having rehab that soon, the staff call Dr. Nahigian and she state (per Staff) to go ahead and start since i was already there.. Anyway right to this day and year 6/2015 I struggle with this knee the pain is unbearable my knee swell soon as i am on it the 10min I'm taking a pain med everyday and something all day.... It's very hard to walk at time. I would not Refer Dr. Nahigian to anyone..

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Best Orthopedic in Columbia. Honest. Thorough. Looks at entire picture with heavy focus on cause, prevention of further injury and post op therapy. He is the real deal. He is what medicine should be.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I had a great experience with this staff and physician. Dr. Nahigian spent a great deal of time with me in the room assessing my knee problem. Based on the x-rays and MRI, I was scheduled for surgery. My surgery went well and recovery and rehabilitation at Excel Physical Therapy was a pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend this doctor and staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I went to this Doctor over a period of two and a half years and he did do a great job on the surjury he performed and in the end told workers comp. that I had reached MMI and wouldn't be able to hold down a job due to the fact that I can't use my left shoulder and even referred me to an out of state specialist in NC. he told me and actually filled out several forms stating this fact.When W/C did his deposition for my case ,he totally back peddled on everything he said and had even wrote in my diagnosis.now I am having trouble getting my disability and W/C is ignoring what he stated in writing and literally using his verbal back peddling to cause futher problems with my Disability and LTD.This doctor appears to be more financially driven rather than the concern for his patients in my opinion.I have been out of work for two and a half years now til date and because of this kind of hy washiness , I have no idea whats gonna happen to me next.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I am shocked by some of these reviews. Dr. Nahigan is probably the best doctor i have ever seen. His best side manner is caring and he explained all my options and answered all my questions. My knee replacement is awesome!!! Everything was exactly like Dr. Nahigan explained to me. His staff was great and his therapy crew is the best! Yeah Heather!!!! I cannot recommend any doctor more than Dr. N. The other reviews have to be his competitors.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

To his credit, I do believe my diagnosis to be correct, however, the doctor only did a cursory inspection and made no mention of having looked at my x-rays (nor offered to review them with me). Despite this, he did a extremely hard sell on surgery. Later, while researching the diagnosis, I found that surgery is the option of last resort, and, in most studies, focused exercises have shown to be more effective.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Dr. Kevin K. Nahigian's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1990)

MB Health