Ratings for Dr. Bobby Sreenivasan

If you're having issues with menstrual problems I would not recommend this doctor. I went to him several times as a teen complaining of severe menstrual pain, including pain before periods and digestive issues. All telltale signs of endometriosis. He told me it was normal and would go away as I got older. I even brought a chart tracking my symptoms and he told me I was a hypochondriac. At 23 my condition was so bad I was hospitalized and after a later surgery I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis (a word I had never even heard before!). I now live a life battling symptoms which are often debilitating, and have irreversible damage to my reproductive system and surrounding organs due to how long the disease went untreated. Dr. Bobby, if you are reading this PLEASE the next young girl who comes to you complaining of these symptoms, refer her to a gyno so her symptoms can be investigated!! Please help do your part to break the cycle of women having to wait 10 years to be taken seriously enough to be diagnosed and begin treatment. I often wonder what life would be like if I was taken seriously as a teen and was able to begin treatment while my disease was in the early stages... I forgive you but please don't let this happen to anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I saw this doctor a few years back complaining of headaches. He said that he would check it out but only if I would stay on as a patient. (Are you desperate that you have to ask people to stay on?) I figured out on my own that I had a sensitivity to coffee. Then, I complained of still being exhausted after 9-10 hours of sleep when 7-8 hours use to suffice. He told me I was depressed and did nothing more about it. The next doctor sent me to a sleep specialist and he tested me and it turns out that I have sleep apnea. On top of that, sleep apnea can cause depression so I would have ended up taking meds for nothing. Isn't it smarter to rule out the most obvious first? My sleep is back to normal no thanks to this man.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Relatively good doctor but always running behind or cancels my appts with no notice.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Bright doctor but always late and I can't even tell you how many times I had my appointment cancelled the day before or same day. Seemed occupied with other things when discussing my health issues

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

He was able to diagnose my extensive health issues when all other doctors gave up! He is the only Doc my husband respects as he diagnosed his mole for being cancerous and he gave my daughter an MRI when she was having headaches and found a Brain Tumor! Oh and I am a stubborn patient and he used his wit to convince me to do procedures I always avoided. He never rushed me out the door like most doctors, and knowing I don't live close, he was willing to give me a call and inform me when something was important so I didn't have to sit and panic. As well, when my husband was not following thru with his important follow-ups, Dr. "Bobby" put in a call for his yearly check up! How many Doc's do that?? He has moved on to Calgary and I am really sad to see him go as I can't seem to find a Doc that is as caring, knowledgeable, and willing to give that bit of "extra" care that us patients need. I wish the best to him and his family!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I had been seeing Dr S since 2007; it took me years to find a doctor with whom I could get along and who could manage me and my conditions. And everything was fine until he took what was supposed to be a year's sabbatical in May 2012; instead of returning this past June, he sold his practice sometime around the New Year and moved to Calgary, with no notice of any kind to anyone. When I asked his staff why his patients had not been notified about this momentous change, I was told that he would not allow them to send out any notification! How bloody rude and insensitive. I had thought he actually cared about me; it seems now he was just acting as if. Whereas before I would not have hesitated to recommend this doctor, I would now say give him a wide berth; a breach of trust of this magnitude should have anyone going "huh"?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Dr S is very caring and takes time to go over issues with me. He is very kind and helpful. I like that he makes good use of diagnostic tools like x-ray, blood test and ultrasound quickly to diagnosis issues. He does refer to a specialist quickly as well if he is not sure. I was very happy with him. He is currently not practising in Edmonton.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Dr. Bobby is likely best as a Dr. for men. He was not very knowledgable in regards to women's health issues and was always quick to recommend the latest birth control methods, regardless of the side effects I was experiencing. He made me feel as though there was something wrong with the way I am built, complaining when doing my pap exams. I have since found a female doctor who was shocked to hear the things he had said and recommended for my ailments. If you have concerns about your reproductive health, this is not the Dr. for you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

While I didn't find this doctor to be rude, I did find him to not even be willing to consider sleep apnea which I have (found out through another doctor who sent me to a specialist) I would not under any circumstances recommend this doctor to anyone else!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr.Bobby has been our doc for nearly a little over 4 years. We can honestly say, he is very polite and attentive to our needs. He is very thourough and recomends us to specialist if he is unsure. Very satisfied as patients. Keep up the good work Doc!!!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010