Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Biter

Almost killed both my son and me in home birth. Two other families lost babies within 6 months of my home birth due to his gross negligence.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

License suspended due to multiple lawsuits and negligence that resulted in the death of a baby!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

An excellent dr! He's very sincere, listened to all my thoughts and concerns, and to top it off he's very proactive!! I would recommend him to anyone! And if you're looking for a dr who is pro-vbac... you've found him! A definite gem in the rough!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Dr. Biter came highly recommended in reviews and by friends. We struggled to find a Dr. that was compassionate and attentive and he seemed to be this on the surface. However, after waiting countless hours in the waitingroom of his office and getting misinformation from his staff we began to question his practice. Our concerns continued to grow and we allowed Dr. Biter to deliver our child. The delivery went extremely poor and our child was born with erbs paulsy and my spouse had severe lacerations. Fortunately, our child recovered after a year of phsyical theraphy, however my wife continues to struggle emotionally about her experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Biter is a wonderful doctor.He was my doctor for a few yrs before i got pregnant and helped me with my issues that i had with my ovaries.when i got pregnant with my first child he was more than i could ask for in a doctor.Dr.Biter treats you as if you were his own family and i am honored to say he was my doctor.We love you doctor biter.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Fantastic bedside manner and very friendly. Seems competent, however, might miss some of the newest advances in testing availability. I saw some comments here about his competence in case of adversity. I cannot comment about that, however, as a midwife he is excellent. HOWEVER, the doctor has absolutely WORSE staff I have ever seen. The incompetent, lazy, obstructive and generally worthless “laddies” wasting the space and air in the front office. make IRS auditors downright helpful. Imagine your worse day at the DMV and than multiply it by the factor of 20!!!! Even if you like the doctor, his stuff makes sure that it not worth the effort of going there.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

As a lactation consultant and previous OB RN, I had the luxury of working with Dr. Biter before I chose him as my OB/GYN. It was an easy decision to make after watching him interact with the other nurses and his patients. This was my third pregnancy but my first one with Dr. Biter. It could not have been more enjoyable. He really cared for me, my baby, and my family as if we were his own. So much so that when my water broke while I was out with my two young children and my husband was in LA, he drove me to the hospital HIMSELF from his office. He coached me through each painful contraction during the car ride and birth of my son 6 min. after arriving at the hospital. His office staff kept my kids entertained until a friend could come pick them up. I don’t know what I would have done in the same situation with your typical doctor. He is really wonderful and you will not be disappointed if you want a different kind of care from a one of a kind doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Everyone who rates this doctor excellent had him for their pregnancy. He's probably great for that.. but when it comes to something very wrong, he quite doesn't know what to do. He's the greatest guy when it comes to personality but I'm in worst shape than when I started going to him. He is WAY too overbooked and ended up doing something VERY wrong.. I think because he is too busy and his mind is on too many things. Like I said.. he is a great person but really messed me up and now I'm really paying for it...

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

AMAZING! Genuine and caring he goes above & BEYOND time& time again to give REAL care, not just another doctor visit!!! In a hard place- new mom, young, across the country from my family, the father’s unstable & I’m scared. A jerk doctor left me looking. I read a review like this one. I took a chance- take it! Dr. Biter is a genuine blessing. Yes he is very busy, because he is quite adored!! Stop by his office, it is instantly apparent, pictures from an endless sea of families thanking him, articles on the wall praising him. (He was awarded at least one San Diego Leadership award.) Not to mention the charity- Her Heart's Wish, that he founded to grant the wishes of terminally ill women. He gives & gives & gives. That said when you need him HE IS THERE. I have experienced it & have seen it time& again with other patients, even for couples during their second pregnancy. He has a bright & beautiful soul. Dr.Cat (who you will see) is great as are the office staff!!!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Absolutly would recommend everyone to Dr. Bitter. I think he listens and very gentle and caring. If you have to wait hes well worth it. No one is perfect though my husband would say that Dr. Bitter is close to it! WE Love him!!! The proof is all of his fans.!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Robert M. Biter's Credentials

• Spanish

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encinitas, CA