Ratings for Dr. Stephen Matous

Very nice guy; easy to talk to; works hard and seems to know what he's about.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Matous has been my G.P. since 2000. He's exactly what I need. Great communicator, he's been most patient (pardon the pun) with me. He asks lots of questions and I don't feel like I'm his 500th patient that day! Staff are really on the ball too. Dealing with atrial tribulation and now prostate cancer. Not alarmist and confidence inspiring. Perfect fit for me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

A careful, kind, thoughtful, holistic, insightful, patient doctor.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Matous is the best. He always takes the time to explain your conditions and medications. He always suggests life style changes that can improve your health and help get you off medications.Dr Matous is also the most thorough Dr that my husband and my self have ever had in our 70 years. We have also told him that he is not allowed to retire until we're gone.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I have had Dr. Matous as my primary for over 20 years. He is very thorough. He doesn't guess at things and refers to specialists when required. I have always found him to be attentive and concerned that my questions are answered. I admit I am lucky if I am in his office once a year. He is a busy Dr. as are all in our community with a need for more (thus wait room times can be long). He always follows up quickly after tests and is considerate of the patient worries.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Been my GP since 2000. I couldn't be happier with his care. I'm now terminal as of 2014 and his care and compassion is outstanding. Thank you Dr Matous!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I have had Dr. Stephen Matous as my primary doctor for many years. He has been consistently professional, knowledgeable and has never hesitated to send me to a specialist as required. I have two chronic illnesses and as such have to have a reliable physician. Dr. Matous has been exactly that for me and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others. I am shocked to read the ill reports of him below and because my care has been so good I question if they have him confused with another doctor!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I cannot imagine how it would be possible to receive better care. Dr. Matous sets the gold standard.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

My mother passed away from bone cancer last week. She trusted Dr. Matous. I am very grateful to him for the care he gave my mother and the support and care he gave and is still giving my father. He made many house calls and was available to my parents 24 hours a day. Thank you for your kindness and care.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Matous looked after my mom when she was dying of cancer. I couldn't have asked for a more caring and compassionate Dr. at this terrible time. He made numerous house visits and even attended the celebration of her life. A wonderful man. I think he is misunderstood at times as he doesn't have the most outgoing personality.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010