Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Miyashiro

Dr. Miyashiro is warm and friendly and professional. He has removed cataracts from both of my eyes and the results border on the magical. At age 65, I am enjoying good vision for the first time in my life, after struggling with astigmatism and severe myopia since I was a very young child. I am very pleased with the care provided by Dr. Miyashiro and his staff and highly recommend the folks at Ludwig Ophthalmology Centre in Hilo, Hawaii.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Friendly as well as professional in my annual visit to him. Very caring person. I am very fortunate to have known him for many, many years.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

i had a bad cornea ulcer and he took care of me emergently! thank goodness for this wonderful doctor

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Miyashiro is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and best of all...caring. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Miyashiro for about a year and I couldn't be happier. Another doctor told me I needed surgery but I asked for a second opinion. Dr. Miyashiro told me that we could try medical treatments first. Just a few eye drops a day and I'm doing well! No surgery for me!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Excellent doctor! Took great care of me. I'm very thankful!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr Miyashiro has helped me and my family for years and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is conservative and has our best interest in mind.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Compassionate and caring. He'll help you in any way he can. He's very cautious and has always taken good care of me and my family.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

I would NOT recommend Dr. Miyashiro to anyone, especially older patients. Performs unnecessary laser surgery. Does not diagnose accurately.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

He's very knowledgeable and helpful.Takes time to listen and answers all my questions. Staff is very nice and organized.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2006

Dr. Michael J. Miyashiro's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan