Ratings for Dr. Lystra Dayal-Gosine

had a terrible experience with this doc. I was a 19-year old type 1 diabetic and she was checking my eyes for retinopathy etc. I got t1d after the flu when I was 6 years old, it is an autoimmune condition and not my fault. She nevertheless berated me for something she thought was my fault for overeating unhealthy food (i.e., she must have thought I was one of those poorly-controlled type 2 diabetics) and asked me why I didn't eat something healthy like 'watermelon' (anyone who knows anything about T1D knows that you can't live without insulin and eating watermelon - low carb or not -ain't gonna help. I still felt awful after and missed my next 2 appointments. While she was at it, she berated opticians (who she called 'boys') for not having her type of training and advanced medical degree - I found that a little unprofesisonal. Leave the diabetics and the opticians alone please.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

This doctor is truly wonderful! She is pleasant, thorough, very knowledgeable and makes you feel so comfortable in her clinic. What more could you ask for in a doctor? I hope she works for many more years because she's simply the best!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Very kind, very helpful. I've had three eye exams and always leave feeling confident that the exam was thorough and nothing was missed. She talks a lot but is always charming and interesting.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr Dayle -Gosine has been my eye Dr for 39 yrs. No she is not punctual but that is because she takes her time with each patient and doesn't rush through the test. She is very thorough and knowledgeable with a fantastic reputation among her peers. She is also very entertaining!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

always late, I have waited an hour for a morning appointment.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

My mother has Alzheimers and I have guardianship of her. Dr Gosine apparently doesn't believe in giving a civilized greeting to patients. When I tried to add something about surgeries Mum had forgotten, she cut me off after four words and extensively scolded me for "rushing her". When my mother asked for help remembering something, she told me off again! What a bad-mannered woman! I left the room and waited in her reception room, which is old and dingy, with a sharply sloping floor and really bouncy floorboards. People with bad eyesight and walkers had trouble crossing the floor. One of the worst experiences with a doctor in my life, we refused surgery.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Dr. Dayal-Gosine is wonderful. I have seen her many times due to on-going eye problems. She is always cheerful, interested in her patients, knowledgable and imparts medical information to her patients about their condition. For example, she always makes sure I know my eye pressure, which is critical in the treatment of glaucoma. She does take her time, so puncuality is not her strong suit, but I would rather wait for her than go through the "assembly line" type of doctor's office. She has performed two eye surgeries on me. I am very confident of her abilities. She provides excellent follow-up care, as well. She is a pleasant, caring doctor who makes you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

I had the worst exspience with this docotor she sat me down listed over ten horrible diseases that I could have and left me alone in a room for over 30 minutes. I had tio wait 3 weeks after my results came in to get them after several calls I recieved a message onmy answereing machine that my brain was perfectly fine. That was the last I ever heard of Dr. Dayal-Gosine.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2007

My eyes' problems were due to the thyroid disfunction, so that was not exactly something she could help with, but it was a pleasure to see that she would listen to your worries and tell about their own trials and tribulations of hiring new eye doctors. She would see me until they did hire an orbital specialist. She's got hilarious sense of humor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2007

Dr. Dayal-Gosine has been my eye doctor for at least 20 years. I have found her to bevery warm and friendly, professional, and most of all caring. I highly recommendher.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2007