Ratings for Dr. Irwin Micheal Norris

My sister relied on this man to take care of her health. She has had 2 and now likely one more cancers in which he never diagnosed. It was with the help of ER doctors that she got the help and treatments she deserved and needed to save her life. Now she suffers with a tumor in her pancreas that he never physically tried to find. ER doctors were able to feel it immediately. He’s making slot of income for doing nothing!! If this guy is your doctor and you feel something is wrong go to the ER and don’t waist your time with this guy because you owe it to yourself to live!! Dogs get better treatment at a vet!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

If there was a negative 5 that's what he'd get. Even 1 star is too generous. Arrogant, always late (just waited an hour and 20 mins to get in, office wasn't busy, took other patients before us who had later times). You cannot advocate for yourself, or he will be sure to cut you off and remind you that he's the Doctor. If you mention you're worried about something, you're a hypochondriac. If you ask for a referral to a specialist, he digs his heels in because his ego gets in the way, and he feels he's capable to do things he doesn't specialize in. He has no right to play psychiatrist. He refuses to send to one, because he likely gets kick back from big pharm for pushing the drug of the month. If you go in as support for his patient, especially if you're a woman, you can be sure he'll ignore you when you talk and also undermine you. This man needs to retire.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I've had the misfortune of interacting with this miserable doctor on numerous occasions.He is so entrenched in outdated medicine he in unwilling or unable to acknowledge that he might be wrong and is not afraid to talk over you to share how unequivocally right he is. There is absolutely no compassion or interest shown to patients regardless of age. This is an individual who is definitely past his prime and should move on so that Elmira can get some quality medical care. In addition, the reception staff are some of the worse I've seen anywhere. I'm sure the staff at Auschwitz we're more personable. As many others have said, staff are rude and disinterested assuming you can even get their attention in person or get anything but a busy signal on the phone. In short, the only reason this nonsense is tolerated is because unless you want to drive to Waterloo, they're the only game in town. Should a new GP open shop in Elimra, I'd be transferring out immediately.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Absolutely insane how long you have to wait after your scheduled appointment 1-1 1/2 hours usually. Might as well get rid of the phone cuz you can’t call in anyway. Norris is old and rude to patients can’t talk and won’t accept anything you try to say cuz he is always right. A family member of mine was recently in Germany for a disc replacment surgery which is the best thing he has done, Norris was totally against him going, had to wait ages for blood work needed prior to this surgery and then lost the info and had to wait again. He as good as wished bad luck on us going to get it done. Time to retire and get a whole new staff in there. Doctors and front desk people.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

My family of 3 have been patients of Dr. Norris for over 30 years and he has delivered both of my children, but the time has come to find a new GP. The phone lines are usually busy when you call and I have witnessed the secretaries put patient's calls on hold while they finish personal conversations amongst themselves. When you finally do get through to the secretary, they are usually cold and lack compassion. I learned today that the secretaries are the ones deciding which patient's issues are urgent and which ones aren't - and if you aren't you are looking at a week and a half to two weeks wait until you see Norris. I'm not sure when this changed but patients should have been notified that this is how their appointments would be triaged going forward - I thought you had to be a doctor to diagnose, guess not! This just means that many of his patients will end up in emerg or walk in clinics in order to get their needs met in a timely manner. My family travels 45-90 minutes in order to see Norris so many times there may be more than 1 issue to discuss with him at the time of the appointment, but when brought up are told that would be better suited for another day (which we know is just a way for him to make more money through OHIP). Appointments usually feel rushed which is confusing because wait times are usually between 45-60 mins to even get into an exam room. Norris' knowledge in diagnosing and helping with issues is O.K. A lot of the time his mind seems to be elsewhere when you are in his office and he has made more than one mistake on prescriptions, referrals and requisitions for my family. I am now very disappointed with the office as a whole and will be taking my family elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

My spouse has been going to Norris for over 30 years. Norris is always behind and never punctual. Lately my spouse had an x-ray done on his shoulder and the office lost it and didn't book him a new appointment. He then continued to direct him to physiotherapy when he still was certain there was something broken. He has not been helpful and will only fix one problem at a time. Not impressed. I tried to switch him to my doctor in the same clinic but they said was not possible. Time to retire?

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Hats off to any of his patients who can actually get through the jammed phone lines to even get an appoinment! (Which is usually not soon enough, always a month away). Usually about 45-60+min wait PAST your scheduled appointment time to be seen. He rarely lets you speak, and heaven forbid you ask more than 1 question/visit. He rarely gives out prescriptions for pain, and I think he thinks he's also a psychiatrist. My husband has been on the same horrible anti depressant for years now, and I know for a fact he's suffering numerous bothersome side effects from the drug. I went in for one appointment with my husband for support, and when I spoke up about the issues he cut me off and told me "I'm the Doctor.." He has never referred my hubby to a psychiatrist, who would be far better suited to adjust him to proper meds, and SAFELY. He will not refill prescriptions over the phone/fax unless you pay $15.00. We explained why we couldn't make it for an appointment at the time and how he was almost out of refills. We couldn't get an appointment in time and then we had a family emergency to deal with etc.... we were told they'd waive the fee that one time for us, and when we walked in to a recent appointment (6 months later), the secretary informed us of an outstanding balance of $15.00. We had to pay before we were taken to an exam room. To some of you, $15 isn't much... but I'm on disability, we have a baby, and my hubbys small income. It's a struggle every month.... and here is Dr. fancy pants requiring his big 'ol $15. I'm sure He's not in dire straits for it. Anyways, poor bedside manner, doesn't listen at all, errogant and has zero empathy and compassion for his patients. That's how we rate him. I agree with everyone else.... time to retire buddy.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Front desk staff are rude and very cold when you call

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Knowledgeable but is always late and wants to get you out of the office quickly. Does not want to talk about anything but the original reason for visit. The front line staff need some people skills.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

not quite as a bad of doctor as jones,but comes in at a close second place...Jones and Norris must have trained at the same"dont give a hoot about people" school....very rushed,non caring,mumbles a lot,very odd bedside manner.....i wish these aging doctors would retire and bring in some new caring 'people persons".....this office needs some kind people at the front desk,that being said i do feel for how stressfull it must be dealing with all the people that must call on a daily basis....can spend hours on the phone trying to get through...good luck!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016