Ratings for Dr. Irwin Micheal Norris

Hats off to any of his patients who can actually get through the jammed phone lines to even get an appoinment! (Which is usually not soon enough, always a month away). Usually about 45-60+min wait PAST your scheduled appointment time to be seen. He rarely lets you speak, and heaven forbid you ask more than 1 question/visit. He rarely gives out prescriptions for pain, and I think he thinks he's also a psychiatrist. My husband has been on the same horrible anti depressant for years now, and I know for a fact he's suffering numerous bothersome side effects from the drug. I went in for one appointment with my husband for support, and when I spoke up about the issues he cut me off and told me "I'm the Doctor.." He has never referred my hubby to a psychiatrist, who would be far better suited to adjust him to proper meds, and SAFELY. He will not refill prescriptions over the phone/fax unless you pay $15.00. We explained why we couldn't make it for an appointment at the time and how he was almost out of refills. We couldn't get an appointment in time and then we had a family emergency to deal with etc.... we were told they'd waive the fee that one time for us, and when we walked in to a recent appointment (6 months later), the secretary informed us of an outstanding balance of $15.00. We had to pay before we were taken to an exam room. To some of you, $15 isn't much... but I'm on disability, we have a baby, and my hubbys small income. It's a struggle every month.... and here is Dr. fancy pants requiring his big 'ol $15. I'm sure He's not in dire straits for it. Anyways, poor bedside manner, doesn't listen at all, errogant and has zero empathy and compassion for his patients. That's how we rate him. I agree with everyone else.... time to retire buddy.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Front desk staff are rude and very cold when you call

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Knowledgeable but is always late and wants to get you out of the office quickly. Does not want to talk about anything but the original reason for visit. The front line staff need some people skills.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

not quite as a bad of doctor as jones,but comes in at a close second place...Jones and Norris must have trained at the same"dont give a hoot about people" school....very rushed,non caring,mumbles a lot,very odd bedside manner.....i wish these aging doctors would retire and bring in some new caring 'people persons".....this office needs some kind people at the front desk,that being said i do feel for how stressfull it must be dealing with all the people that must call on a daily basis....can spend hours on the phone trying to get through...good luck!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Very poor empathy displayed throughout the clinic on several occasions. Dr. and staff can be quite belittling and rude. Wait times are very poor...even with appointment, wait times are an hour or two. He loves to prescribe meds lol....and doesn't do much health teaching. Very hard to get further diagnostic testing (X-ray, CT, MRI, etc.) or referral and will make them very inconvenient for you if he does. Does not seem to care about getting to the bottom of the problem. Seems to be stuck in a biomedical healthcare model with a disregard for holistic care. Tho I would urge against it....go check it out for yourself and I hope you have a better experience than us . After reading the past ratings its crazy how similar some of the experiences have been. Tip #1 - Get a second opinion from another doctor if skeptical of your diagnosis

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Terrible terrible wait times. I mean terrible. Something needs to change. Waiting an hour every time i have an appointment is ridiculous plus when you get in he wont listen and can be a lil mean. Getting a referral is almost impossible. Sometimes hes wonderful! But its always hit and miss. I think hes lost his passion. Time to retire:(

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Dr. Norris himself is a great doctor, however, the staff ignore you as you try to tell them you've arrived for your appointment and aren't friendly at all. They're overworked as they have to answer the continuously ringing phone while tend to patients as they walk in and out of the office. Dr. Norris is also extremely over worked. He answers all your questions and concerns and refers you to specialists when necessary, however, you have to wait a long time after your scheduled appointment before you even see him. He also doesn't book appointments very close in advance. Trying to call in and book an appointment is impossible as the line is ALWAYS busy. Just a pain. I try to avoid seeing him at all costs. I will go to clinic if necessary because it's too much hassle to try and get in to see him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

I have found Dr. Norris to be a concerned doctor who does not hesitat to send you for tests and to other specialists as the situation warrants. He does not view your health concerns lightly and will investigate for answers.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

I used to have Dr. Norris for my doctor but with the grace of God I now have Dr. Morlock!!! Left Dr Norris office crying asking for help with my IBS, long story short he told me lots of people live with it and I was going to have to too. Wouldn't give me something for my nerves to get me through it when I asked. He told me he didn't think I needed any. ( as I sat there in tears) so I walked out of his office and never went back. Fortunately Dr Morlock came to town took me on as a patient and I owe my life to him. He had no problem with giving me something for my nerves and I am no longer living with IBS like I had to for almost 20 years with Dr. Norris. He never listened!!!My daughter unfortunately has him, and would rate him 0 out of 5. She said her problem is she is stuck with him or emerge. at the hospital. ( which we have unfortunately used more than we ever should have thanks to Dr. Norris. Time for him to RETIRE!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011