Ratings for Dr. Paul Quinlan

Just had my 90 year old mother into ER with extremely high blood pressure and she was looked after immediately. Dr Quinlan was excellent as well as staff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Quinlan listened to my concerns, and questioned me as to why I didn't go to my own private clinic when I had felt diarrhea after taking the Metformin which was assigned to me and trying to follow the list given to me by the Ontario Health Clinic. Which I responded cause my clinic is closed on the weekends. He suggested reducing the medication, but was very abrupt and stern with me. He basically told me that no one is perfect. Their staff were using antiquated equipment - I think that they were still using typewriters in triplicate form.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

I was seen by Dr. Quinlan while suffering a miscarriage. I was told to go straight to the ER by my family doctor after an ultrasound showed no heartbeat. After waiting for hours to be seen (which I have no issue with...it is the ER after all!), he walked into see me and as opposed to "Hi, I'm Dr. Quinlan, how are you doing?", he exclaims "Why are you here!". I was taken aback at his attitude, but put it down to a long day. I was seen and told to "go home and bleed it out!" with no follow up ordered, nothing. Long story short....5 weeks later and I still had bleeding so I went to my family doctor who was disgusted! I still had 'products of conception' inside of me which could have led to blood poisoning and all manner of nasty complications. He is the rudest, worst and most uncaring physician I have ever dealt with. If you are unlucky enough to have him walk in and attempt to treat you, my advice is to immediately ask for a QUALIFIED Dr. and do not let him touch you. You are worth more!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I was taken to the BGH by an ambulance with a severe chest pain. Dr. Quinlan saw me after six hours, when I presented him with all of my medication, including my estrogen therapy. After a chest x-ray and a blood test he sent me home explaining that I had a viral infection. I was told that it could take up to two weeks to clear and that I just needed to rest. After two weeks of ever worsening pain, I was at the point that I couldn't move at all. The pain was unbearable, and getting sharper with every breath I took. A young female doctor who saw me at the BGH the second time, quickly made a connection between the pain in my chest and estrogen pills I was taking and ordered the proper tests. I was diagnosed with an extensive pulmonary embolism. After this incicent I was told by several different doctors and nurses that I could easily have died.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Just left emerg. My daughter admitted. I'm a RN and thought he did a fine job. Friendly and professional and caring. Pleased to see him. Must say people expect far too much of drs- they are not magicians or psychics- they are extremely well educated people, generally highly intelligent , and although I'm all for patients advocating for themselves people need to be aware of the fact that often the doctor is right and the patient/ family simply ill- informed.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

He does the thirty second check over and makes you feel like you shouldn't be there. he has missed some very serious things.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

I went to see him in the ER. It wasn't busy at all and I was seen pretty quickly. I complained of the worst headache of my life, had a bloodshot eye and had had a blackout the day prior. His response "oh so you have a headache"..He didn't ask me more than, maybe 3 questions(45 second consult).....walked out the door as I was still speaking and disregarded what I was saying. He even failed to examine one of my chief complaints. By far the WORST doctor I have ever seen. Very unknowledgable about migraine headaches! He knew nothing about what I tried to tell him about my history (didn't seem to care). Very unprofessional! It's a good thing it was a differet type of migraine I was seeming to experience and not something more serious......otherwise, you might not be reading this! Oh and he said my eye was unrelated to the headache...not true! It is completely related!!!!! Due to pressure caused on the sinuses!!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

Dr Quinlan nearly killed me. I went to Urgent Care complaining of abdominal pain so severe that even Demerol would not help. How unfortunate that it was his day. He poked about my abdomen for a few minutes, reviewed an abdominal ultrasound that was 3 months old, and told me it was all in my head, nothing but stress, go home and take an Advil and re-evaluate my life. I was in the hospital the next day having surgery to remove my severely inflamed appendix. I'm glad I didn't take his advice and instead went to the ER where a REAL doctor gave me the help I needed. If you find out that this man is working when you need emergency care, WALK OUT AND GO ELSEWHERE. It could save your life.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

I would have rated this Doctor with all zeros if that would have been an option. He's rude and should not be practicing Emergency Medicine.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr.Quinlan is a fantastic physician with vast amounts of knowledge..His bedside manner is exceptional and he makes confident decisions without alot of wasted tests....

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007