Ratings for Dr. Claude Leblanc

I happen to know that for many years, I have the best Doctor in Calgary. Dr. Leblanc is a true professional, who seems to have the correct answers to all my medical questions. Whenever I need a specialist, he refers me immediately and Audrey makes the appointment, immediately. Whatever the problem, I'm glad to have Dr. Leblanc as my family physician. Going to his office is a pleasure. Audrey runs the office so efficiently and is truly concerned with your medical issues. Messages left after hours are promptly returned the next business day. I have always enjoyed the humour from the good Doctor and Audrey and they make you feel so comfortable. I wish Dr. Leblanc could teach many Calgary physicians how to listen to their patient(s) and how to treat them with respect. After all these years, Dr. Leblanc still listens and respects every one of his patients. I will end this the way it started...I have the best Doctor in Calgary.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

Dr. Leblanc used to be a good doctor. Today I believe he is too old and (in my opinion) lacks the competency to practice. While he may be a gentleman, his overconfidence in providing diagnosis on complicated issues without the required knowledge can be very dangerous. The basis for my thoughts is the treatment that Claude provided my Father and Mother as they got older, and the method and consequences of diagnosis. Medicine is both a science and an art that requires humility and collaboration with specialists... haven't seen this in the treatments of this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

What a great office things are always understood and quickly dealt with. It is a very friendly comfortable atmosphere and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

I and my family have been seeing Dr. LeBlanc for well over 40 years. He delivered my younger brother and both of his children and is a kind and warm man - very "grandfatherly". Granted, if I do the math, it's probably time for him to retire, but who will ever be able to replace him? I was always impressed that he took interns into his general practice, so hope that one of them chooses this as a their own. I do not wish to begin to look for a new doctor at my "advanced age" of 46, with no children. Doctors today are not interested in looking at you unless you are prepared to reproduce to continue building their practices and specialities. He dealt with my lifetime of asthma and allergies, my mother's Grave's Disease (referred her to his son, the specialist) and my father's COPD (again, referred to a specialist). I will continue to go to Dr. LeBlanc until the day I find the door chained shut and the phone unanswered. That will be a very sad day.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Thoughtful, helpful, willing to listen to your concerns without wasting time/resources unnecessarily.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Not impressed at all, doctor has become very lazy over the years.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

I don't know if Dr. Leblanc used to be a good doctor, but he certainly is not now. He prescribes the wrong pills for the wrong reasons at questionable doses. I'm sure Dr. Leblanc hasn't picked up a medical journal since the seventies and it shows in his treatment choices. He is a kind gentleman and can probably muddle through an annual physical on a healthy person but if you have ANYTHING wrong with you DO NOT trust this Doctor! He should be forced into retirement for his own good and his patient's.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr Leblanc was my family doctor for well over 15 years. When I got older, so did he. I believe he's too old to be practising anymore. He was a great doctor, but always prescribed antibiotics or medicine for any problem we had. It was always the first resort. And getting tests from him was impossible!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2007

He is able to pull an answer for anything right away, but when the pills or whatever he is suggesting doesn't work he is hesitent on sending for any tests or other opinions. I think because I am in my 20s that he may not think anything serious could possibly be going on with me. He seems a little to quick with diagnosing and in a rush to get you out the door. My dad and brothers don't mind him at all. My mom is in the same boat as me.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2007

Excellent Doctor. Thoughtful, compassionate, knowledgeable. Well refer to a specialist if required. He has been our family doctor for 17 years. THE BEST!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007