Ratings for Dr. Robert Dickson

Dr. Dickson was amazing. He was caring, thoughtful and very knowledgeable. He dedicated his whole life to medicine and serving his patients. Thank you Dr. Dickson. You were a wonderful ENT and improved the lives of so many people in our community.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Worst doctor ever.Very rude. will never see him again. Just don't understand why Dr. Mintz associated with him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Unfortunately, have to agree with the outdated comment. Indicated the drug I was on could not cause irreversible tinnitus and hearing problems, which is contradicted by several papers,including this NIH report: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=3663. Further, indicated no treatment available for tinnitus and that I would have to live with it. While tinnitus is difficult to treat, there are a variety of emerging treatment options that include TRT, Neuromonics, masking, Lyrica, gabapentin and others. Did not seem interested in searching for a solution, but rather stating facts that (i) I could not have this problem from medication and (ii) no treatment was available. I would be very unhappy about the outcome of this meeting if this was a private clinic for which I had paid.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Fantastic experience. Straight forward, professional, to the point, respectful and authentic. Happily recommend this Specialist to anyone who wants an intelligent conversation about your ailment.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Very effective, solid knowledge, very responsive and patient. On each visit Dr Dickson has been to my complete satisfaction.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

this is the worst Dr. I ever went to. He has no bedside manners, is rude and has no compassion when someone is in pain. He performed surgery on me to prevent future snoring. According to him, it would be a very simple laser surgery and I would be even be able to drive home and go to work next day. NOT, it was the most painful procedure I ever had done to me, there was no assistant in the room (very unprofessional) and it took 2 months and 2 doses of 10 day antibiotics to reduce the discomfort/pain caused by the surgery. I lost 10 lbs since I could not even drink liquids after it, when I phoned him complaining of the pain he just replied "live with it, short term pain for long term gain!". It has been over 3 months and I still feel that there is a foreign object in the back of my throat and I keep chocking when eating/drinking. Do not do this surgery, it is not worth it!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Dickson was thorough, professional, informative, caring and even a bit humourous. The only reason that I can understand about some complaints might be that his personality is a bit faced-paced and paternal -- but this sure wasn't a problem for me. It may depend on the reason you have come to him -- or what your personal needs are. I thought he was all I could want in a highly experienced and caring physician.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Single handedly the WORST medical experiences I have ever had. After another ATTEMPT at getting medical help from this man, I logged in here to see it's not me...RUDE Receptionist never helps but Wow, this guy is a Grade A Assh*ole. Asks a question and then shoves something in your mouth so you can't answer, thinks he knows what's wrong before even getting you to 'Go ahhh', gets up and leaves without saying anything and then disappears. Reports to my MD are weird, alcoholic rants about nothing. Finally put my foot down and had them find someone else.If you have any self-worth, and appreciate good medical advice, AVOID THIS MONSTER.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

To all the ones who do not seem to appreciate Dr. Dickson: I probably would not like you as clients either! Dr. Dickson is very professional, to the point and very personable...In my profession we always said if you can keep 80% of your clients happy, you are doing extremely well...So there

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

This doctor should have retired years ago. Very outdated way of thinking. He has an ego and will not listen to what you have to say. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009