Ratings for Dr. Alice Caners

Called Cr Caners at 7 this morning which I knew was a I called Dr Caners this morn at 7 am complaining I have swollen gums on left side of my face - was told to wait till 9:30 until office opened - drove down at 9:45still not hearing from the office as they open at 10 - was waiting in the parking lot when I got the call - apparently could not see me till much later in the day?explaimed I only had a vehicle for the morn as my son needed to drive to SFU --- Joanne the receptionist asked me if I could get a ride later - said No so she told me to come up and they would TRy to fit me in - lucky for me I guess her first appt was shorter and then They did get me in -only cause I was sitting in the parking lot outside .. I have an abssesed gum and she prescribed 2 different meds to he ..... my complaint is why Alice do you give your emergency phone number out when clearly the patient has to wait? I called you at 7 and the office did not open until 10 --- you could and should have seen me earlier so I did not disrupt the rest of your busy day - my family and I have been with U 30 yrs but feel so angry today---- if I call u at 7 in the am it's cause I need attention - not when Joanna tells me she can fit me in

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

We have been patients of Alice for about 5 years now. She is great and so is her team. She is a very caring and gentle dentist. She even called me at home the evening of my appointment to see how I was doing. How many doctors would do that! Amazing.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Caners asked me if I was on a medication as a child?! I don't know if anyone remembers if they were on a medication as a baby? What an odd question. I had also just had X-rays during the same week I came to this dentist. I felt they pressured me into having X-rays and were disappointed with me when I was adamant that I did not want another X-ray as it is not healthy. Unprofessional and pushy dentist.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Alice Caners

Dr. Alice Caners's response
Thank you for your comments. Medications can definitely affect us dentally, so that would be the reason for Dr. Caners questions. Regarding x-rays, in some cases we need one to properly diagnose. Our x-rays are digital and have minimal radiation. We want all of our patients to have a good experience and if you have any other concerns please contact our office personally so that we can address them.

Submitted July 13, 2016

The good work that Dr. Caners and her team does, more than exceeds our expectations. She has been our dentist for more than thirty years. We find everyone at her office to be professional, knowledgeable, caring and very kind. We have had a lot of dental work done over the years including fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, root canals, crowns on implants, etc. Dr.Caners has provided excellent follow-up, as well as emergency care when it was needed. We most certainly recommend her and her team.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Alice Caners

Dr. Alice Caners's response
Thank you for your very kind comments! We really appreciate it!

Submitted July 13, 2016

Front desk staff is very rude. They do not care about patients in the least.

Submitted July 8, 2015

My partner and I wanted a second opinion on a treatment and Dr Caner's office made it a nightmare to attain information that belongs to the patient. The receptionists lead me around in a circle and it took a month for us to receive the information that we needed. The staff at the office became confrontational when they thought that we were switching dentists. That was not the case! My partner continues to visit the clinic for cleanings, fills. Forgive us, if we hesitate on dropping $1500+ on a procedure. *shaking my head.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

We just started coming to see Dr. Caners last year. She's the best dentist we've seen. Her staff is always helpful and so friendly. We love coming here, even though it is the dentist!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

I have been patient of Dr. caners for about 5 years. I think she and her staff are the best. You feel like they are really taking care of you. I am confused by the comments about root canals because as far as I know she doesn't do them! When I had a tooth ache, and needed one last year she helped for the pain and then I was booked with one of her partners in the office to do the real root canal. Her staff told me she doesn't do root canals and her partner is an really good at them. They were right. He was great, quick and my tooth has been great ever since. Dr. Caners did my crown after and I'm really happy with it. I have been treated really well by everyone here and I recommend them to all my friends.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Not sure where should I start first.A few years ago I needed root canal, paid part, rest covered by dental plan; about 2 years later when had a bad tooth ache, went to see Dr. Caners and I was told I need another root canal, on the same one she treated before, when she did only 2 roots, now I had to pay the full amount(no more dental plan)again, for the same tooth. a few times right after treatment I got cold sores, Dr. caners gave me prescription to treat; overall I received extremely poor treatment, lost some teeth due to their negligence but I was quoted a few thousand $ for implants, about $200.00 for Crest white strips I can buy at Safeway for $25.00.Never pursued this due to my mom's very long illness and death. I would NEVER go to that dentist again.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I've been going here for quite some time. I strongly dislike going to the dentist like many of you. I don't think they are fantastic and I don't think they are terrible. I find it inconsistent. Never have the same doctor working on me. However I have noticed in the last year that the staff has gotten better. Reception is nicer when making appointments. The last couple times I have been in for work the assistant was fantastic. Robyn eased my worries and made the time go by a bit faster. I also don't make appointments during busy times. No matter where you go, you are bound to have a waiting period during busy hours. Don't let the old comments scare you away. These guys are worth a shot.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Alice Caners's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alice Caners was raised on her parents’ family farm in rural Manitoba as the twelfth of sixteen children! She graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Manitoba where she received an award in Periodontics. Since graduation in 1982, she has enjoyed building her practice and providing dental care to her many patients in Port Coquitlam. Dr. Caners is an avid believer in continuing education and participates in numerous study groups and conferences to expand her knowledge in the various aspects of dentistry. Her personal reward is seeing the benefits of providing the best possible care to her patients.

• BCBS Illinois