Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Litovitz

I saw Dr. Litovitz for about six months in 2010 for a host of problems that medical doctors could not diagnose. He realized that my depression is due to my pain and not as other medical doctors concluded. He made a call from his office to a doctor and set up an appointment for me. I was dying and he saved my life. I will never forget what he did for me. Dr. Litovitz recognized the symptoms of Lyme disease when infectious disease doctors did not believe in the disease and told me it is all in my head. Thank you doctor for saving my life and for teaching me how to deal with my pain. Those of you who said he is rude and arrogant probably thought you knew better. Next time Dr Litovitz says something, please listen. He knows what he is talking about.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Never in my life have I encountered such a rude doctor. I will not be going back. I remain astounded at a couple of his comments.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I leave this review as more of a warning than anything - Dr. Litovitz is arrogant, unkind and will see you for maybe 10 minutes but charge you out the nose. He was never interested in hearing what was going on, rather rushed to weigh me, on some days maybe take my blood pressure. He never diagnosed a sleeping disorder I had which I have now found out is a reason for a lot of the problems I was initially seeing him for. He speaks down to you, like you are a child, and doesn't respect your opinion in the decision making process surrounding your own mental health. Do not see this man, you will regret it.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Litovitz is one of the finest Psychiatrist I have had the pleasure of using. He is a field expert regarding Eating Disorders. He has caringly gone out of his way to help my teenage daughter. He is intelligent, well educated and informed, not to mention he has a sense of humor which teenagers find disarming. He has helped her on weekends and after hours. Not many doctors are that caring. He is a gem!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

I took my 17yo son to Dr. Litovitz for ADD,drug abuse, and depression. He was not happy about going to a psychiatrist and was nasty to the doctor and loud in the waiting room. Dr. Litovitz responded with kindness, understanding, and compassion. My son actually agreed to see him again. Dr. Litovitz helped our family out of a very bad situation.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Litovitz for treatment of depression and severe anxiety. He was the first psychiatrist to successfully treat my symptoms. He is very knowledgeable about medications, side effects, and symptom relief. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2010

I cannot recommend him for psychotherapy or medication management, he likes to do both, see the one good comment below. I found him to be arrogant and unwilling to include me in the decision making process. I felt as though he looked down on me and was not interested in helping me get better. He seems to follow the very old principals in medicine, he is the doctor, therefore you should listen to him, your opinion does not matter. He seemed annoyed when I asked questions too. Not the best experience, cannot say I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

I concur with all negative comments below. Dr. Litovitz is abusive, manipulative and a pathological liar. He has not respect for his patients and does not take their concerns into consideration when giving treatment advice.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

I came to Dr. Litovitz years ago for treatment for schizophrenia. He put me on some of the most powerful sedatives in all of medicine, and it was torture. I was willing to take these medicines that I supposedly needed because people that cared about me told me I needed them. A few months later, after a regimen of sleep-inducing sedatives, Dr. Litovitz sat across from me on his couch with his typical nasty look saying 'what happened' as he laughed at me for gaining weight. He held me in contempt for gaining so much weight on the medicines I supposedly needed for my condition. It was a form of psychological abuse and was definitely unethical on his part. He is a mean, nasty uncaring man who doubtless enjoys humiliating his patients; I know he enjoyed humiliating me as he sat across what was once an athletic 19-year-old who had had his body and psyche destroyed by a cruel regimen of drugs. I replaced him the following year with a courageous former marine.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

He is a horrible psychiatrist only out for your insurance and not your help. Litovitz used veiled threats in an attempt to gain my cooperation. I would not recommend him or his hospital to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

Dr. Gary L. Litovitz's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1978)

Delta Dental