Ratings for Dr. Mark M. Alwan

He is AWFUL!! Had me do a DNC cause supposedly my pregnancy wasn’t good, and then I ended up giving birth at home (so what did he take out??) well I’ll tell you I was having twins and he didn’t see the other baby.! He sent me one time and was a POS!! I hope he gets fired!! He had his staff do all the ultrasound and never checked himself! Maybe if he did he job correct I would still have my babies!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

My complaint is towards the billing department and their fraudulent health insurance medical billing practice!  They either 1. Have incompetent medical billers or 2. Are hoping patients do not read their OB/GYN Insurance benefits packet and EOB's (explanation of benefits) and charge their patients at a "Specialist" rate for Dr. Alwan vs. a PCP (Primary Care Physician) rate,  which is the rate they should be charging ALL THEIR PATIENTS. It's been years since an OBGYN could charge as a "Specialist" Rate,  Insurance companies now view OB/GYN as PCP'S. With that, their billers were adamant that they were a SPECIALIST,  and continued to charge my daughter at a higher co-insurance rate and every office check in. She would question the rate but they were rude and insisted that they were right, so she'd pay so she could see the Dr. We'd receive our EOB's and had to return to demand a refund for the difference of inaccurate billing, the refund would take a couple of weeks!!  This happened numerous times to her, until yesterday. After numerous back and forth conversations, we called my insurance company and had them 3-way call the medical billers at Dr. Alwans office to "educate" them on how they are NOT listed as SPECIALIST but should be billing us as a PCP with PCP rates (much lower than a specialist rate). They were quick to agree and would adjust the billing notes in system. The medical billers had mentioned to me that their office bills ALL their patients at a SPECIALIST rate because they are a SPECIALIST....... WRONG!!!  This is insurance fraud,  if you're not reading your EOB'S and requesting a refund for inaccurate billing they will NEVER voluntarily refund you!  Check your codes as well,  they add on codes for procedures that never take place, especially their in office labs.  I am filing a grievance with my insurance company on them, California department of insurance fraud and the State Medical Boards. This is unacceptable, they charge high, pocket the money to grow interest off of it and only refund if the patient actually reads their EOB's and knows their specific insurance coverage and co- insurance amounts. DO NOT TRUST THIS OFFICES MEDICAL BILLING DEPARTMENT!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

Dr. Alwan and his nurse practiciners are excellent. They are very knowledgeable and care about patient. Very fIxable schedule., but sometimes waiting is longer than expected specially when you are under pain. How ever there should be some improvement for front desk staff to be organize and make sure follow doctor or nurse practitioners prescription order. I had a very difficult time because in front desk did not give me my prescription as ordered, and it was very uncomfortable for me to stock in the pharmacy while I was under pain and try to contact office to get my medication.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Great place. Love the nurse practitioners. Caring and understanding. Wonderful experience with my first pregnancy.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

Awesome office staff and Dr. Alwan is the most compassionate and kindest physician I have had. My surgery went wonderfully and everything was much better than I expected. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Awful experience, scheduled for induction after my baby had passed in utero, I was in the hospital for 5 days being induced and NEVER once did DR. Alwan come to see or check on me. I am still confused as to why this man is getting paid for anything. (Only met him once at his office otherwise it was always the nurse practitioner).

Submitted October 5, 2015

This is an amazing staff and doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Expect a one hour wait to see Dr. Alwan for a 5 minute appointment.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

The best surgeon ever. I had laparotomy myomectomy. No pain after surgery at all. No complications. He is caring. His staff in his office are fabulous. Thank you Dr. Alwan.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Alwan and his staff during my pregnancy. I was originally seeing another OBGYN at the beginning of my pregnancy but switched because I didn't feel as if she was providing the time I needed. I switched to dr Alwan because he has a nurse and PA that sees patients which allows more one on one time with each patient. Every time I would go to my OB appts whoever I saw would take the time to talk to me and answer any questions I may have. At the end of my pregnancy I had a few complications and Dr. Alwan made sure I understood everything and was comfortable with the plan of action. The office staff is wonderful as well. They are all very helpful and polite. I would recommend Dr Alwan to anyone. I will be seeing him as my new gyn and will definitely go back to him when/if I have another baby. I can't say enough good things about Dr and his staff!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013