Ratings for Dr. Benjamin A. Dubin

The building, staff and schedule were absolutely on point, however that is were the good stuff ends. I will echo the other sentiments here: no bedside minor, zero empathy, did not listen to what I said, was condescending and completely unhelpful. I feel no better about my condition after my visit. Dr. Dubin spent all of 7 minutes with me and couldn't have gotten out of the room fast enough. He actually left the room while saying goodbye. He was already out the door and down the hall when I said, "Nice to meet you." Hearing him reply as he scurried away was hilarious. I was asked to come back in 10 days for a follow up, which certainly won't be happening as I'll just find someone else. From the overwhelming negative online reviews, I'm guessing this guy has more 1 and done visits than repeat patients. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt which was a waste time/money.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

WORST doctor I have ever been to. Rude, arrogant and condescending. He is totally full of himself. Will NEVER return and would NEVER recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

avoid this doctor unless your dying..he is absolutely the worst i have ever experienced a total POS. wont spend more than 2 minutes looking at you all he wants is more money does not seem to care about any other issues except what hes getting paid for what a clown..save your aggravation find someone else how do these clowns get medical licences.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

He was the worst and meanest doctor I EVER had in my life. I went to him for help and he SCREAMED at me in my face saying I needed a psychiatrist !!! I have a good mind to report him, and the stupid stuff (cream) he prescribed never helped an iota.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Wish I had read these reviews before seeing this guy. I agree with all the one star ratings where they say he is arrogant, sarcastic, condescending and an A hole! I have a dark mole and being a veteran, my VA sent me to see him. I made a note of a few other dark moles and when I was asked to get undressed, I was hopeful everything would be looked at. Dr. Clown walks in without knocking, wouldn't even look at all my concerns even though I was in my underwear, talks to me like a child, exclaims to wear sunscreen and leaves the room. After waiting so long to get an appointment, I have zero questions answered and have to go back to the VA to find someone else. Don't waste your time with this guy.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I'm a teen that suffers from mild acne. I will say that Dr. Dubin's office staff is very pleasant for the most part. I really have an issue with Dr. Dubin. He doesn't take well to questions. I inquired about alternative treatments and he shut me down saying that they don't make sense. OK sure, I was just wondering. No need to be dismissive about it. His bedside manner is piss poor like others have mentioned. At one point in our conversation he spoke in a childish voice and asked "what would you like to do, doctor?" The nerve of this guy!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Before going to see Dr. Dubin, I was very aware of the plethora of negative ratings about him on websites such as this. I am very happy to say, however, that these poor reviews couldn't have been less accurate. Dr. Dubin was friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, and accurate when dealing with/diagnosing my rash. His office staff was pleasant, and got me right in to see him with minimal wait. All in all, my experience at Dr. Dubin's office was nothing but positive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to my friends and loved ones. Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr Dubin is the worst dermatologist that I have seen. He is rude, impatient and doesn't want to exam your skin symptom. It is a waste of time and money going to him but he's not helpful.

Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Dubin is very disrespectful and rude. He has absolutely no bedside manner, makes no attempt to answer questions. He makes condesending comments. I would never recommend him to anyone, especially people who are looking or a dermatologist for their child.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

Waste of my time and money!!Dr. Dubin took a quick glance at a severe rash Ive been fighting.It was already begining to heal,but I needed answers on what it was and to prevent it from happening again. He gave his diagnosis and a prescription for it.I asked about his diagnosis because it honestly didnt make sense.He stated he was "100% sure what it was" and became very curt and short with me and said I just needed to follow his orders.I went ahead and just followed everything he told me to do to a tee since he is a "specialist" and I was desperate to prevent any reoccurence. Condition came back a month later and worse then ever and his prescription had zero effecton it. I wish I would have researched him before going there.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Benjamin A. Dubin's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1985)

GHI