Ratings for Dr. Daniel W. Dubovsky

Had my first visit with Dr. D today. I was very impressed. The front desk was very organized & efficient in checking me in. Only waited 2 minutes before being taken to examining room. Doc arrived quickly, laid out why I was referred, what Step 1 would be (different blood test), clearly explained what he would be looking for in my blood including hand drawing pictures & pulling others up on his computer. After lab results we will see if Step 2 is needed. Very thorough, knowledgeable, caring & personable along with a good sense of humor. I'm in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

We were in this doctor's office on yesterday and he was fabulous. The staff, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Most are not intelligent, helpful or user friendly. It is sad that such a good doctor has such a poor staff. At this point, I am not sure if we will stick with this office or not.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. D. for a couple of years and he's a wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable and extremely personable. Never seems in a hurry and listens to my concerns. I highly recommend him. Too bad the front-office staff doesn't meet his high standards.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr D has been caring for me since 2004. He was recommended by my surgeon and he has been great. He introduced himself as my "health broker". He told me that together we would review the options and make the best decisions avaialble. He has lived up to that message completely. His staff is great and his office runs like clockwork. Even so he makes time to listen to the patient and seems genuinely to care about my concerns. I consider mysel fortunate to have encountered Dr D on my oncology journey.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

too busy. dont listen or respond. staff is unfriendly. nurse is not very bright. not a place you want to trust w/cancer already bringing you down

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. D came highly recommended to me when I was diagnosed with NHL. I can't say enough about him except to agree wholeheartedly with the previous ratings. He is professional, precise, candid & thorough. His staff is wonderful & supportive. Having cancer is a difficult ordeal, but Dr. D & his staff are dedicated to providing the best care available, with empathy & compassion.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Ditto! I've had cancer and surgeries two times, so have seen more than 15 doctors in the past few years. Dr. D is by far the BEST doctor I have ever met in my life. He has that weird balance of being a straight shooter who doesn't sugarcoat anything, and being compassionate and caring and optimistic. With cancer, it's like you're fighting in a war. And he is PERSONALLY on your side, fighting with you every step of the way. He even answers emails and phone calls. He called me once on a cell phone from his car because he knew it was urgent. He also is dedicated to excellence. If the lab people arent excellent, he never uses them again . If the staff isn't excellent, they go away too. That's probably why ALL the staff at A.C.C. are helpful and cheerful and positive and knowledgeable. It's like meeting with friends when you go there. Dr. D saved my life, and I'd recommend anyone with cancer to do yourself the favor of seeing Dr. Dubovsky.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

I agree with everything the other rater detailed. The office staff is the most efficient and kindest I have encountered in this city. I was referred to Dr. Dubovsky for a newly diagnosed condition and he was patient and empathetic in his explanations; he made sure I had an opportunity to ask questions. He even emailed me an answer to a question within hours. Most importantly, he treated me with respect. I am thankful to have found him and his office.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2007

He was the most wonderful Dr. for my mother in law when she was diagnosed with STAGE 4 colon cancer. He was upfront, caring and his staff is amazing. His bedside manor is fabulous..great sense of humor and so very respectful, not only for his patient but also for the emotions of the family. A wonderful Dr. who is definately in the right field.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2007

Dr. Daniel W. Dubovsky's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1968)